The ULTIMATE Guide on How to Tank Bandos

001hayden1

mmm, I need to tweak my setup a bit now give the price drops and such.

O I tried fruit bats and they suck when compared to bunyips, as they require free inventory room and clicking/moving.

I did As first resort and your right the bandos pool is great.

I keep taking the Explorers ring as I have nothing better for the situation, plus the cabbage port has saved a lot of hassle in the past.

I really love this guide and it keeps getting better. I will try air strike trick out tonight.

PS is using a god cloak a viable option?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh, i have never even thought of this lol, i'll try it out next time i go, that's if you haven't already tried it out before me :lol:

Cool, please let me know ;)

Seems like the only disadvantage is using up 2 inventory spaces, unless of course you still need to right click on him.

Will do ;), and that is the only disadvantage as well =p

Ok, i tried it out, i got 45 boss kills, didn't get anything good though lol, so... The air strike method works and is pretty awesome lol, only missed boss once, and thats when one of my team mates ran to me and when he was running graardor spawns and boom, he's tanking lol. So, uhh thanx for the idea, you now has credit for it :D

Awesome! I'm glad it works! Thanks for testing it out :thumbup:

chris_924.png

MY LOOTS:

Hilt, my clan chat, about 4 kills I believe, I was tanking and was leader. 6 People split. (2.4M)

Chestplate, my clan chat, at the end of a dry run, I was alternating tankers, but at end, all me. 4 People split. (2.6M)

HILT.png

CHESTPLATE.png

mmm, I need to tweak my setup a bit now give the price drops and such.

O I tried fruit bats and they suck when compared to bunyips, as they require free inventory room and clicking/moving.

I did As first resort and your right the bandos pool is great.

I keep taking the Explorers ring as I have nothing better for the situation, plus the cabbage port has saved a lot of hassle in the past.

I really love this guide and it keeps getting better. I will try air strike trick out tonight.

PS is using a god cloak a viable option?

Ok, thanx for the fruit bat info ;)

If explorers ring works for you, keep using it.

Goodluck with the air strike method ;)

P.S if you have a spare 500k-1.1m to waste, then you can, it's your choice, but i'd still go with firecape/skillcape

Tbh, i have never even thought of this lol, i'll try it out next time i go, that's if you haven't already tried it out before me :lol:

Cool, please let me know ;)

Seems like the only disadvantage is using up 2 inventory spaces, unless of course you still need to right click on him.

Will do ;), and that is the only disadvantage as well =p

Ok, i tried it out, i got 45 boss kills, didn't get anything good though lol, so... The air strike method works and is pretty awesome lol, only missed boss once, and thats when one of my team mates ran to me and when he was running graardor spawns and boom, he's tanking lol. So, uhh thanx for the idea, you now has credit for it :D

Awesome! I'm glad it works! Thanks for testing it out :thumbup:

Np :thumbup:

[hide=]

MY LOOTS:

Hilt, my clan chat, about 4 kills I believe, I was tanking and was leader. 6 People split. (2.4M)

Chestplate, my clan chat, at the end of a dry run, I was alternating tankers, but at end, all me. 4 People split. (2.6M)

HILT.png

CHESTPLATE.png

[/hide]

Congratzon hilt and chest in the same trip :o, Just wondering, did you use my guide for this? If you did, could i use those pics and put it in the "Peoples Loot Using My Guide" section?

Off, is the general direction I wish you would [bleep].

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p549/hihi244442/TLoUGIF.gif

[hide=My perception of the Admins in Assistclan:]

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

Slayer: Lots of Dragon Boots, 16 Whips, 24 Dark Bows, 7 Staves of Light, OVER 9000 Charms

GWD:

Bandos: Lost count

Zamorak: ^^^^^

Saradomin: ^^^^^^^^^^^

Armadyl: None[/hide]

In your opening statement you say you will atempt to teach us how to tank.

There are 3 t's in attempt.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

Ok, I tried a run of half and half (melee and air strike) trip.

Out of about 40 (could have been 60 it was a long, long trip) without air strike I misclicked about 5 kill, examined twice in a row.

With air strike I didn't miss once out of 41 kills even with a team of crashers stood right near the spawn for about 4 kills.

The only issue or technicality is as soon as you click hes on you so make sure you get protect from melee on quick, although this does allow you to lure him straight to the mage.

Use the drop, tele, bank, tele and pick up trick to account for the missing 2 spaces. (Should add this to the guide anyway as it can help you get another 5 to 10 kills per trip.)

I've decided about my opinion on piety (I know I suggested it), its best if you only use it when your less then 60hp or need to heal badly on the mini. Otherwise it drains your prayer far to quickly.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Ok, I tried a run of half and half (melee and air strike) trip.

Out of about 40 (could have been 60 it was a long, long trip) without air strike I misclicked about 5 kill, examined twice in a row.

With air strike I didn't miss once out of 41 kills even with a team of crashers stood right near the spawn for about 4 kills.

The only issue or technicality is as soon as you click hes on you so make sure you get protect from melee on quick, although this does allow you to lure him straight to the mage.

Use the drop, tele, bank, tele and pick up trick to account for the missing 2 spaces. (Should add this to the guide anyway as it can help you get another 5 to 10 kills per trip.)

I've decided about my opinion on piety (I know I suggested it), its best if you only use it when your less then 60hp or need to heal badly on the mini. Otherwise it drains your prayer far to quickly.

You should have melee prayer on before he spawns, better safe than sorry :lol:

An extra 2 brews/restores can help lots, but im pretty sure quite alot of people know about the drop, tele, bank and re-tele method, so I "might" put it in

About piety, it is best to use it under 60hp and/or healing on the mage, but take it off when graardor is dead if you do use it, then continue healing on the ranger guy.

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

Slayer: Lots of Dragon Boots, 16 Whips, 24 Dark Bows, 7 Staves of Light, OVER 9000 Charms

GWD:

Awesome guide, i may now actually try tanking for once :roll:

I'll give it an 8/10, well done :thumbup:

Oh thanx, goodluck with tanking :thumbsup:

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

• 2 weeks later...

First bandos-ing i've done in a few weeks, fail trip though :s

[hide=The Fail Trip]090606013237.png

090606013717.png[/hide]

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

oh umm bump

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

Keep meaning to post the screenies I took with the gains from using this guide.

Tanking takes a lot of time and I've not been doing it much lately at all.

I've tried using a BGS instead of a AGS (as a spec weapons) and it works well if it hits as the whole kill is significantly quicker so less food used if any.

The area just south of the door is great for kc if there are avis hunters and the other spot is taken (the one with the goblins) and since your using guthans any damage you take from the avis can easily be regained.

I will post some screenies either to night or this weekend.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Good guide, might wanna mention that if you forget hammer you should go kill imps in zammys fortress until you get one :P

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

D claws x4 Whip x1 Ruined dragon armour lump x1 Armadyl hilt x2 (22/16m split) Sara sword x1 (1.1m split) Armadyl helmet x1 (1m split)

I was too excited to take screenies of any drops :P

The Greatest Tormented Demon Guide Ever

88 summoning achieved on 26/4/09.

99 ranged achieved on 9/5/09.

[hide=Screenies]bandosspoils.png

bandositem2.png

gwdhiltsplit.png[/hide]

First was a 5 man Hilt split

Second BCP split (6 man I think cba to do the math)

Third 7 man Hilt

I'd gained much more thanks to your guide, but those there the only screenies I took which happened to be my first 3 trips.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Keep meaning to post the screenies I took with the gains from using this guide.

Tanking takes a lot of time and I've not been doing it much lately at all.

I've tried using a BGS instead of a AGS (as a spec weapons) and it works well if it hits as the whole kill is significantly quicker so less food used if any.

The area just south of the door is great for kc if there are avis hunters and the other spot is taken (the one with the goblins) and since your using guthans any damage you take from the avis can easily be regained.

I will post some screenies either to night or this weekend.

=p

Only use a BGS if you can't find anybody lending a SGS, or just stick with the Guthan's Spear if you want

Hmm never thought of that lol, might be worth it, i heard that there's some gorak's there as well? :o, so might not be good spot if you dont have a Zamorak item

Good guide, might wanna mention that if you forget hammer you should go kill imps in zammys fortress until you get one :P

Oh ya :P

[hide=Screenies]bandosspoils.png

bandositem2.png

gwdhiltsplit.png[/hide]

First was a 5 man Hilt split

Second BCP split (6 man I think cba to do the math)

Third 7 man Hilt

I'd gained much more thanks to your guide, but those there the only screenies I took which happened to be my first 3 trips.

Gratz on those drops :o, mind if i use them?

One word - VENGE - its definitely worth the three spaces it uses for the damage it reflects. ::'

Might be pretty good :P, but only downside is you need 94 mage :S, but ill add it in anyway :P

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

After some toying with BGS your right its not really worth the hassle. The only time it truly was worth taking over an extra brew was when going with a 115+ team as they tended to get crashers where the BGS helped more then the spear.

The spot is near werewolves and a goraks so I definitely wouldn't recommend it if you don't have a zammy item.

[hide=How I get KC (note I always take a zammy item)]This are the only 2 zones I use (yes I said 2 I'll explain in a sec)

godwarsfeaturesbandos.png

1. I use the purple area to get some damage on already fighting hobgoblins then switch to the pinker area for the normal goblins, once there dead switch back to the purple area. Repeat the damaging the fighting hobgoblins and normal goblins as soon as they spawn. Since there are normally atleast 3 hobgoblins in combat at one time you don't need to do more then 1 damage to get the kill counted as yours.

2. Use the cyan area and kill the goblins and damage any hobgoblins in combat with the werewolf (theres only really ever 1 bandos npc in combat so you have to do all the killing yourself). Once you've killed all the goblins, head to the blue area where there are 3 goblin spawns. Rinse and repeat.

If you get low hp from the avis either protect range (don't let your prayer get lower then a single use of super restore) or heal from the ogre or jogre.

Cyan has 5 goblin spawns, 1 of which npc's will never attack

Blue has 3 goblin spawns, 1 of which npc's will never attack

Pink has 4 (I believe it to be 4, but I'll double check tonight) goblin spawns, 1 of which npc's will never attack.

Purple will have atleast 2 hobgoblins in combat with up 5 in combat at a time.

Personally I only use location 2 if location 1 is taken as its slightly quicker (slightly over 5 minutes from entering to full kc in location 1).

The red dots in the boss room give you a rough idea of where the minis spawn. Attack style north to south east; range, melee, magic.

The green dot is where I prefer to tank from as I spin the screen so the back wall becomes invisible meaning I can focus solely on graa spawn which is ideal for air strike. It also gives me me enough time to flick melee prayer on (yes I really should do this, but I've only been hit 3 times doing this in all my trips so far).[/hide]

Feel free to use those screenshots, your guide made it possible and I think the only reason I took them was for you anyway.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

After some toying with BGS your right its not really worth the hassle. The only time it truly was worth taking over an extra brew was when going with a 115+ team as they tended to get crashers where the BGS helped more then the spear.

The spot is near werewolves and a goraks so I definitely wouldn't recommend it if you don't have a zammy item.

[hide=How I get KC (note I always take a zammy item)]This are the only 2 zones I use (yes I said 2 I'll explain in a sec)

godwarsfeaturesbandos.png

1. I use the purple area to get some damage on already fighting hobgoblins then switch to the pinker area for the normal goblins, once there dead switch back to the purple area. Repeat the damaging the fighting hobgoblins and normal goblins as soon as they spawn. Since there are normally atleast 3 hobgoblins in combat at one time you don't need to do more then 1 damage to get the kill counted as yours.

2. Use the cyan area and kill the goblins and damage any hobgoblins in combat with the werewolf (theres only really ever 1 bandos npc in combat so you have to do all the killing yourself). Once you've killed all the goblins, head to the blue area where there are 3 goblin spawns. Rinse and repeat.

If you get low hp from the avis either protect range (don't let your prayer get lower then a single use of super restore) or heal from the ogre or jogre.

Cyan has 5 goblin spawns, 1 of which npc's will never attack

Blue has 3 goblin spawns, 1 of which npc's will never attack

Pink has 4 (I believe it to be 4, but I'll double check tonight) goblin spawns, 1 of which npc's will never attack.

Purple will have atleast 2 hobgoblins in combat with up 5 in combat at a time.

Personally I only use location 2 if location 1 is taken as its slightly quicker (slightly over 5 minutes from entering to full kc in location 1).

The red dots in the boss room give you a rough idea of where the minis spawn. Attack style north to south east; range, melee, magic.

The green dot is where I prefer to tank from as I spin the screen so the back wall becomes invisible meaning I can focus solely on graa spawn which is ideal for air strike. It also gives me me enough time to flick melee prayer on (yes I really should do this, but I've only been hit 3 times doing this in all my trips so far).[/hide]

Feel free to use those screenshots, your guide made it possible and I think the only reason I took them was for you anyway.

Hmmmm, thanx for the killcount info :D, and thanx for letting me use your pics ;)

Goodluck in the future ::'

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

oh umm bump

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

what

bump

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

• 2 weeks later...

I hit 79 not too long ago and tank bandos on sunday with titans. The inventory is the same as the unicorn only take about 50 scrolls per pouch instead of the 33 you use for unicorns.

So 3 pouches and 150 scrolls.

Got an interesting screenie which I need to post too (will try to remember tonight)

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

i just got 70/70/70 stats today! i'm going to try it^^

Good Luck :D

I hit 79 not too long ago and tank bandos on sunday with titans. The inventory is the same as the unicorn only take about 50 scrolls per pouch instead of the 33 you use for unicorns.

So 3 pouches and 150 scrolls.

Got an interesting screenie which I need to post too (will try to remember tonight)

:P, could you also post the screenie of the turtle + titan inv? lol

Btw, gratz on 79 summoning :thumbsup:

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

Bump, anybody have any more thoeries/suggestion's they'd like to ask me to try out/test, if you do better hurry cos im taking a longggg break from bandos, going to start no-lifing slayer but i'll keep this guide up to date maybe.

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD:

• 2 weeks later...

bump, im still serious about my previous post, so suggest away :lol:

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

GWD: