New Members Guide

pokemama

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my lil cousin just became a member after playing about 2 weeks. I asked him why and he said he ran outa bankspace :?...i went from may 2002-mid-2004 before i became a member...that is crazy.

and i was watching him play...there isnt a lot he can do, and i feel bad for him because of it, and i was glad that i waited til around 70 combat to become a member...now im 106 combat, and members is easy..but in fair warning.

PLAY F2P UNTIL YOU BECOME BORED WITH IT, GOING FROM FREE TO MEMBERS IS A MASSIVE CHANGE AND YOU WILL BE OVERWHELMED WITH THINGS TO DO.

I got bored with f2p at 24 combat lol. :lol:

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Bauke thanks for the confirm - I appreciate it.

Gugge, good call on the Lumby bank - Recipe for Disaster. I'll add it. In another topic you also mentioned Boots of Lightness, which is also a VERY good idea and one of my favorites. I'll add that, too.

moopymitchell182, running essence is a good idea for a quick newbie money maker, so I believe I will add that as well. Dunno how far I will get with listing the worlds, but I'll give it a shot. 66 = Airs, 91 = double nats; I have the laws world listed around here somewhere ... Hmm. Maybe this is a helpful guide to post the "official" worlds for certain activities, like 78 pest control, 1 and 2 for merchanting, etc?

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Another well written guide by pokemama I'm glad to see your back....I trust we will see many more great things from you :D

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

A suggestion....

I think it would be really helpful if you could take the map of runescape and make little labels indicating any important object. For instance, you could have a small summary of an object or area by mousing over it... Maybe just take that idea and run with it?

Oh, and to be honest, you could add nat or law rcing for newbies...I mean, it's really not that hard to be able to craft nature runes. Furthermore, the abyss doesn't require all that high of a combat level to use. IMO it's a great way for lower level players to make at least 200k an hour or more.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Great guide so far!

But I advise you to keep it simple, and not make it too long. I know all you guys/girls make your input with the best itentions, but it's supposed to be a getting p2p guide. So I think it should cover the BASICS. Else, it would be like 50452834 pages or so! You just can't cram all p2p into a guide.

That's why I like the links you added! They really make it shorter, and quicker to read, plus they provide accurate directions on where to look.

There are some people mentioning more attention to minigames, instead I suggest putting up another link to the mini-games page. It speeds up reading the guide so it can remain BASIC.

About the dying part: If you mention poison and such, you should also put in the light source required in the Lumby dungeon... I died there once in full rune because my candle died out....

about the level on when to become p2p: when you finished all f2p quests or when you are bored. Because some p2p quest require f2p quests, and you can therefor "unlock" them "for free". Also, I found having the ability to do some of the teleports VERY handy: at least lvl37 (falador) preferably 45 (Camelot)

Keep up the good work!

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...