SC Question

Socc

So SODB played in Round 3 of the Jagex cup and the results were this:

Picture6-7.png

090426152147.png

Awards wise, they got all of them but most damage done.

and their highest scorer could only use 2 lv 5 things and still got that

[Hide]Overall 1,702 | Bounty-Rogue 264 | Fog 1,388 | Att 88 | Def 89 | Str 95 | HP 92 | Range 78 | Pray 79 | Magic 88 | Cooking 99 | Woodcut 81 | Fletch 76 | Fishing 80 | Firemaking 90 | Crafting 78 | Smithing 74 | Mining 72 | Herblore 51 | Agility 51 | Thieving 47 | Slayer 56 | Farming 43 | Runecraft 57 | Hunter 51 | Construction 45 | Summoning 42 [/hide]

Their score in round 2 was 56 k, so somehow they tripled that :/

An admin for SODB posted on RSOF, heres his response from mod Timbo

SoDB,

While I don't think the score is impossible to achieve, it does sound a little off the mark. It could be a bug with the scoring or something else. Not a lot that can be done without any evidence however, the result on the board is the one that stands.

Timbo

[hide=What another sodb'er said about the match]Even without the glitch, I'm pretty sure we had lost anyway, as for about the first 15 minutes of the game, the mystic responded with "It's close, it could be anyone's game" which means "You're winning but just by a bit." In the last seconds of the game, the mystic responded with "The other team has more clay than us, gather faster" which corresponds to "We're losing, but just by a bit."[/hide]

I'm no pro, but many members of SODB have played thousands of SC games combined and we've never seen a score like this. Does anyone have a remote clue as to how the scores calculated/how It's possible to score this high?

P.s. I know I didn't do amazing, I'm a noob and came to fill out our roster and barraged people. I didn't even care who won honestly, I just think this score is ridiculous and has to have been glitched and I don't want cheaters to win.

Socc.png

Socc | 99 Magic | 95/99 Range | 99 Defence | 99 Hitpoints | 96/99 Summoning |Join SODB for some monster Slayin! |

A lo of high level skillers plus high level combatants to fight yall. While they fought and protected the skillers, the skillers made tons of items and just direct deposited the stuff using a familiar. I wouldn't know how correct i am but it sounds like a really good guess...

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Just a little more info that socc didn't include...

There were at least 5 people one iteming with c5 daggers the entire time.

I didn't run into very many skillers at all.

We had plenty of people who aren't like socc and got a respectable amount from collecting lots of clay and using it.

There were 20 people on both team.

I've played with some non-combat sc groups that have cleared the map of clay way before time was close to going out and have never seen a team score over maybe 65k.

I never heard anyone announce that they died with anything large because we were all careful about not dieing and/or not having all our skilling resources tied up on ourselves (or pickpocketable).

So basically it means they had some special thing they did (I say special because it's not out of the question that they just know how the score is calced and they did something that isn't necessarily a glitch) because even if they had gotten say 1/2 the clay there is no way their score would've been 183k.

shortman4229.png

It's also worth saying - We had one of the C5 resources until it ran out and I'm pretty sure we got a couple from theirs. I killed a skiller on their team and got 24 C5 clay worth of stuff, which isn't that much but when it's C5 it is quite a lot.

I said in CC last night that I thought they were playing quite defensively, with about 10 of them at one resource at any one time, now I think back though, there was only a minute left when I saw this and I had not seen them group like this up till then. Could just be me making things up but I'm pretty sure I saw it.

Not saying I suspect unfair play here but it is pretty...well...suspicious :P

TifSig.jpg

That's really off. I played witha team where each player (but me :S) got around 45k points omehow or other, (20 players) yet our total score was 70k. This really makes me wonder.. try keeping a watch on that clan's scores, if it keeps tripling and so on, then you should know that's wrong.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~