Ah... Pking

@ above- The reason for that is: hypocrits! They whine and complain when you do it, and the call you a noob after they do it.

For some reason, a cadre of newbs think it's "honorable" to get the advantage in one way (through a pure), but not in others (through gear, food, or whatever they can't do).

this right here is the prime example, really it cant be said much better!

Being a pure gives you the advantage in that you have the power of a very high level, at a very low level. when someone of the same level (who lacks that extra power) uses the alternative skills they've trained to match the power of pures, they are insulted and flamed. Pking is not JUST FOR PURES, it is for ANYONE who feels like killing players!

using prayer is taboo, because it takes away from the massive offensive advantage of pures, and because it absolutely drags out the fight between two well rounded players. defence is frowned upon for about the same reason.

all in all, since the birth of pures, any defensive strategy has been labelled as nooby- why? because it takes away from the advantage they have.

personally i have both a pure and a few well rounded accounts (one of which may be back with the ban appeal update! \' ) and my lower levelled pure has a cake walk because the armor available and defensive skills cant come close to hurting my offensive advantage.

alternatively, my highest level all around character HAS to use defensive strategies just to survive, let alone win.

thats my two cents, pures arent the worst thing in the world, but many pkers have the mentallity that anything defence is noob, therefore they flame when other people do it, and when they're on the rope, they generally do it themselves. these are the players who havnt been around too long, and dont understand WHY they dont like these things, they're just sheep following older players mentallities.

it's not like a pure can't put on a protect from melee prayer as well... if both players have on protect from melee then one of them would of had to either fall asleep because the fight was so boring or just plain have their mouse disconnect for either player to die. That is why protect prayers are "taboo". If some mid level skiller walks in to the wild and starts using protect from melee he gets all worked up when he gets flamed for it and cites things like, "i trained it i can use it!" When in reality he is probably only eating lobsters, swordfish, or at best sharks... the money he is losing from supplies is very little compared to a pure/pker at that level who is most likely using at least 3 different pots and is eating sea turtles/manta rays or better. You see people getting flamed for using protect prayers because it is a waste of both player's time and resources.

I have a mid level range tank (level 83) I've never been called nooby because of my defense.

pandapk2.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my experience Pking is usualy about luck more than anything (assuming there are no Claw PJer's, you're not fighitng agains Dharoks or a Godsword).

In the last few days i have died and killed people randomly as a break from runecrafting ( <3: RC)

Deaths: One death, me in full veracs, whip, fury fire cape etc, target was same level, wearing rune whip defender and what not. I got hit 36, then 31 after, which has never happened to me wearing rune lol, neither of us where using vengeance. - GF me.

Many times I've had my opponent eat twice, which involved me getting Claw jumped, and dieing

A few times I've been Killed from 60+ HP, yet called a safer when i eat at 40...

Just today i was fighting against an AGS, and i got called a safer for eating at 45.. even though any lvl 116 can hit in the low 50's with a godsword...

Kills:

Most of my kills are from a lucky special with my DDS lol, some guy flaming me for safing offered a rematch and i killed him with a 26-26 spec

Killed a guy in full statius, i had no food, he probably had 5+, veng hit for 26 i hit for 36.. luck much?

but yeah.. i dunno what the point of my post is actually lol, just to show how random PVP in Runescape really is i guess

Also most of my Veng's for the day where triggered by under 5 damage :wall:

black_eagle4.png

You see people getting flamed for using protect prayers because it is a waste of both player's time and resources.

because it absolutely drags out the fight

yes, I did already say that protect prayers make the fight longer when both people use it. speaking from experience of different level ranges however, my level 26 pure has no problem with other people using protect prayers, at all. my level 89 maxed melee pure on the other hand is a different story, as it too can use protect prayers.

I'm not saying that prayer should be used all the time, but if i have 80 str attack and defence, and a pure of the same level attacks me with 99 attack and strength, I sure as heck am going to want to use prayer to wear down his hits!. It's absurd to allow yourself to take a disadvantage like that, because its been very handily proven that pures can hold their own vs defence, otherwise people wouldnt make pures at all.

as for wasting resources- thats really a personal choice, if the pure attacks the "mid level skiller" no doubt in hopes of an extremely easy kill, they should be aware that the skiller wont just bend over and take it.

pvp as a whole, is far too indulged in imaginary pride and honor. play as dirty as you want, whatever it takes to WIN. having a pure is one step to winning in certain fights, but whining about other players tactics doesnt help YOU win.

if people dont like how you pk, they should adapt and one up you- dscim special anyone?

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!