Ah... Pking

Now, I'm usually one of those people that are against pking, saying that the updates removing the wilderness didn't bother me at all. But with the recent update bringing PvP back into the spotlight of RuneScape, I decided... Sure... what the hell, I'll go try to get some kills.

So I made my way out into the wilderness, and I found a group of higher levels that I thought surely I could get a good DM out of one of them. While standing there, a level 122 starts attacking me (I'm a 119). So we start fighting, I come out of the gate hitting a few 20's, and get him low on health. He eats his way back up, and we get about even again. Then when I get low on health and eat, he calls me a safer. I just shrugged it off because I know that it's just another insult from immature kids when they're losing. Then once again, I gain the upper hand and he eats back to higher health, and I get low. Of course I eat and get called a safer again. After he realized that he probably wasn't going to win, he said, "Forget this safer", and ran off.

I don't know if it's just me, but people like that just make me hate PvPing. If you're winning, you're a noob, if they're winning, you're a noob. I know people are going to come in here and say, it's part of pking, or deal with it... But if you're going to say that, don't post at all. I doubt I go back into the wild for more PvPing, just for the fact that I'd rather not waste my time eating half my food then have someone run away from me.

I'd like to hear why you think Pking is amazing like everyone says it is, or on the other hand, why you stay out of the wilderness.

thats why you need an uber k0 weapon or spell.

pking isn't what it once was, thats for sure.

*waits for bruno*

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being called a safer depends on how much you eat.

If you eat excessively then you will probably be called a safer.

I.E. You get a near death hit inflicted on you then you eat like 4 or 5 lobsters/swordfish that is considered safeing.(non-member)

BUT I hate the people that call people safers when they aren't safeing because they are ruining the image of the pker.

Remember kids: Always say your sorry if you accidentally safe

On F2p at least, "safing" appears to have reached a status where it is a general statement used any time your opponent eats.

Also, using cheatspeak and not using vowels are required to correctly PK.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Took my mage to Fist of Guthix today though and was slightly surprised by how it did. So I might just take it out PKing. Not sure how profitable it'll be, but when I have the time, and my combat robe set recharged... I just might give it a go.

In fist of guthix, as the hunter you are stronger and the hunted is weaker, and these things increase if you come near the center, so fist of guthix gives you a feeling of "being good" while that only lasts withing the minigame.

So don't expect the same results when you go pking ;)

Yeah, been awhile since I played and didn't realize that when I posted, but even so... when I played higher levels where I expected to lose... I was either really close to winning or did win. Obviously my results varied. Like in those cases it was against people within double my level. I didn't go out and beat a lvl 90 or anything (though I have with the account in question in the pass). And I don't really use the common cheesy running tactics that some (even higher levels then me) use.

In the low lvl wild where I'm fighting people that are within a level or two of me... It paints a decent picture. Especially since most of the people I played againts in FoG were relatively higher. I just like my chances, doubt the loot will keep me content though. We'll see.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Took my mage to Fist of Guthix today though and was slightly surprised by how it did. So I might just take it out PKing. Not sure how profitable it'll be, but when I have the time, and my combat robe set recharged... I just might give it a go.

In fist of guthix, as the hunter you are stronger and the hunted is weaker, and these things increase if you come near the center, so fist of guthix gives you a feeling of "being good" while that only lasts withing the minigame.

So don't expect the same results when you go pking ;)

Yeah, been awhile since I played and didn't realize that when I posted, but even so... when I played higher levels where I expected to lose... I was either really close to winning or did win. Obviously my results varied. Like in those cases it was against people within double my level. I didn't go out and beat a lvl 90 or anything (though I have with the account in question in the pass). And I don't really use the common cheesy running tactics that some (even higher levels then me) use.

In the low lvl wild where I'm fighting people that are within a level or two of me... It paints a decent picture. Especially since most of the people I played againts in FoG were relatively higher. I just like my chances, doubt the loot will keep me content though. We'll see.

Running is part of the game in FoG...

I'm aware of that... I just find some of the tactics cheesy. Especially when it's a given that they're going to win.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

If I were you I'd try carry a conversation with them. E.g

Noob: Safer!@#@!

You: What's a safer?

Noob: What? YOu dunno wht a safr is? U nuub!!

You: Why're you calling me a noob?

noob: because you *dies*

They focus more on insulting, less on eating!! :P

A new rule that should be in a sticky: Don't post pking discussions in general discussion.

The comment that's always used: I want to win so I do it my way and I'll pray safe blah blah blah...

Now hmm who would use that, oh right the people who don't pvp -.- . Post this in graveyard where it just dies or gets one post in a week. I wonder how it comes that the graveyard on tipit is soooooo popular.

I think it's great when they (try to) insult me, it gives me even more motivation to kill them :twisted:

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

A new rule that should be in a sticky: Don't post pking discussions in general discussion.

The comment that's always used: I want to win so I do it my way and I'll pray safe blah blah blah...

Now hmm who would use that, oh right the people who don't pvp -.- . Post this in graveyard where it just dies or gets one post in a week. I wonder how it comes that the graveyard on tipit is soooooo popular.

Right... have you looked at the Graveyard lately? There are videos on rushers, pjers, and safers put up all the time. One person even knew the type of reaction they'd get for rushing with Dragon Claws, so they made another account to hide their identity.

Placement of this thread is irrelevant. Best way to get varying opinions is where pkers and non-pkers go. General Discussion.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

The people who can't understand why pkers like to pk with 'honour' are also the people who use the same move over and over again in fighting games whilst thinking they're actually good. Sure you may be allowed to use the same move over and over again but that doesn't mean you have to. Every time I play soul calibur 4 for example there's always one newb who has to use Kilik and can't put any level of skill into their gameplay. I don't mind getting owned if I know the person who owned me did it with skill but the nooby mains who whine about people complaining about them using protect from everything make me sick tbh.

Zerker_jane.png

The people who can't understand why pkers like to pk with 'honour' are also the people who use the same move over and over again in fighting games whilst thinking they're actually good. Sure you may be allowed to use the same move over and over again but that doesn't mean you have to. Every time I play soul calibur 4 for example there's always one newb who has to use Kilik and can't put any level of skill into their gameplay. I don't mind getting owned if I know the person who owned me did it with skill but the nooby mains who whine about people complaining about them using protect from everything make me sick tbh.

Like the people who use MP40 with box ammo spraying in CoW:WaW.

He chooses not to fight you anymore, so what.

Hybridding with a team, fighting other teams is the most challenging aspect in this game. Since every aspect is allowed, praying/safing/summoning etc. It's up to you to tb/freeze/poision/switch combat styles to kill them anyways, no matter what they say.

If I were you I'd try carry a conversation with them. E.g

Noob: Safer!@#@!

You: What's a safer?

Noob: What? YOu dunno wht a safr is? U nuub!!

You: Why're you calling me a noob?

noob: because you *dies*

They focus more on insulting, less on eating!! :P

It's the other way around.

wl7w9j.png

what's wrong with people? I'm gonna complain like no one has complained before!

I've actually seen this done with 110+'s frequently in Bounty Worlds. I eat at all, they call me a safer. I also never understood why "Safing" was bad. if you say "safer" then you're basically just whining that i'm staying above your max hit/ keeping my health high instead of a friend of his that will pj me.

Paragon.png

what's wrong with people? I'm gonna complain like no one has complained before!

I've actually seen this done with 110+'s frequently in Bounty Worlds. I eat at all, they call me a safer. I also never understood why "Safing" was bad. if you say "safer" then you're basically just whining that i'm staying above your max hit/ keeping my health high instead of a friend of his that will pj me.

From what i've observed, the higher level players are the ones who seem to be doing the most immature things. Generally the mid/high level pure/pking accounts I have encountered are all respectable, ask for fights, and say gf/gl and don't complain if they die. I have a level 83 range tank and I have encountered very few immature pkers compared to how many immature 110+'s i've seen pking at edgeville since the bh update. My personal opinion is that the 110+'s that are pking in edgeville are for the most part new to pking and that is the reason for the immaturity. Typically if one has created a mid/high level pure and or pking account they have been around the block and know how true pker's act.

my .02

pandapk2.jpg

Welcome to Runescape.

99 Magic; achieved on 4-4-2009.

85 Slayer; achieved on 6-8-2009.

99 Defence; achieved on 14-8-2009.

99 Constitution; achieved on 12-3-2013.

99 Attack; achieved on 12-5-2013.

99 Slayer; achieved on 21-6-2013.

I came, I saw, I ran away.

osiris_1993.png

I'm aware of that... I just find some of the tactics cheesy. Especially when it's a given that they're going to win.

Outrunning with terrorbird scrolls ftw.

On another note, its ridiculous that you can die from full hp in seconds now.

From what i've observed, the higher level players are the ones who seem to be doing the most immature things. Generally the mid/high level pure/pking accounts I have encountered are all respectable, ask for fights, and say gf/gl and don't complain if they die. I have a level 83 range tank and I have encountered very few immature pkers compared to how many immature 110+'s i've seen pking at edgeville since the bh update. My personal opinion is that the 110+'s that are pking in edgeville are for the most part new to pking and that is the reason for the immaturity. Typically if one has created a mid/high level pure and or pking account they have been around the block and know how true pker's act.

This.

This.

This is true yes, but only because the higher levels have the most to lose. We pk in Bandos, whip, GS etc. Lower levels pk in Rune, Monk etc. We want a fair fight because we are risking all that money...

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

I don't mind getting owned if I know the person who owned me did it with skill but the nooby mains who whine about people complaining about them using protect from everything make me sick tbh.

Those who think anything in runescape has anything to do with "skill" make me sick, tbh. Reality check: You're not really out there fighting -- you're clicking a mouse. Those who click more over time own those who click less. Owning in pk is all about getting the statistical advantage on the other guy -- it's not about skill. For some reason, a cadre of newbs think it's "honorable" to get the advantage in one way (through a pure), but not in others (through gear, food, or whatever they can't do).

punitivedsig.png

Those who think anything in runescape has anything to do with "skill" make me sick, tbh. Reality check: You're not really out there fighting -- you're clicking a mouse. Those who click more over time own those who click less. Owning in pk is all about getting the statistical advantage on the other guy -- it's not about skill.

I'm not so sure on that, I wouldn't say it requires no skill at all.

[hide=Definiton of Skill]A skill (also called talent) is the learned capacity to carry out pre-determined results often with the minimum outlay of time, energy, or both. Skills can often be divided into domain-general and domain-specific skills. For example, in the domain of work, some general skills would include time management, teamwork and leadership, self motivation and others, whereas domain-specific skills would be useful only for a certain job. Skill usually requires a certain environmental stimuli and situation to assess the level of skill being shown and used.[/hide]

For one example, I would say that knowing the most efficient time to use a special attack and adjusting to your surroundings (like low HP) would be considered a skill by definition. Likewise for knowing the correct time to eat and when not to.

Really any event that requires the player interaction to change depending on their surroundings would require some skill, as some people would adapt better than others. So while it is only "clicking a mouse", I would say that knowing the most efficient time to click the mouse to do an action does require some form of skill.

Back on Topic:

My question is, why is it not ok to protect melee/range during a fight, but as soon as you are getting farcasted everyone is so happy to flip on that protect from mage? If you don't use any protection prayers at all that's fine, but if you really believe using the protection melee prayer is wrong, wouldn't using protection from magic be wrong too?

Can someone answer that for me?

dawnsigblue-3.png

@ above- The reason for that is: hypocrits! They whine and complain when you do it, and the call you a noob after they do it.

For some reason, a cadre of newbs think it's "honorable" to get the advantage in one way (through a pure), but not in others (through gear, food, or whatever they can't do).

this right here is the prime example, really it cant be said much better!

Being a pure gives you the advantage in that you have the power of a very high level, at a very low level. when someone of the same level (who lacks that extra power) uses the alternative skills they've trained to match the power of pures, they are insulted and flamed. Pking is not JUST FOR PURES, it is for ANYONE who feels like killing players!

using prayer is taboo, because it takes away from the massive offensive advantage of pures, and because it absolutely drags out the fight between two well rounded players. defence is frowned upon for about the same reason.

all in all, since the birth of pures, any defensive strategy has been labelled as nooby- why? because it takes away from the advantage they have.

personally i have both a pure and a few well rounded accounts (one of which may be back with the ban appeal update! \' ) and my lower levelled pure has a cake walk because the armor available and defensive skills cant come close to hurting my offensive advantage.

alternatively, my highest level all around character HAS to use defensive strategies just to survive, let alone win.

thats my two cents, pures arent the worst thing in the world, but many pkers have the mentallity that anything defence is noob, therefore they flame when other people do it, and when they're on the rope, they generally do it themselves. these are the players who havnt been around too long, and dont understand WHY they dont like these things, they're just sheep following older players mentallities.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!