Hurricane Katrina

malkyore

Hi everyone,

I live in Florida and am currently experiencing degree of the hurricane. If you live here to, you should share your feelings here.

So far I have had the power go out and come on 1 and flicker once. My family is one of the blessed families to still have poer.

So far 1million people are without power. Keep us in your prayers please.

Hope you guys get through that... you guys go through alot down there dont you? all those hurricanes... wow...

(Offtopic: i find this extreamly ironic that this huricane has the name of my ex... and i guess hurricane can discribe her :? :lol: )

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Man 2 years ago a hurricane came here. Never thought I'd ever see one around here because of how far north I live. Sure enough Hurricane Juan came up and knocked out power for hundreds of thousands. Luckily there was no major flooding however there was a few casualties.

It's probably one of the craziest things I've ecperienced. Personally my family and I were unscaved. We had lost power for only about 6 hours because we live on the same power grid as the mayor. No school for a week. Some of my friends had no power for nearly 2 full weeks. Good luck to you and my friend Cory who lives in florida.

OT: Am I completly oblivious to what is going on cause I just realized Katryna isn't an admin here anymore.

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

From what I heard, the hurricane is supposed to be really damaging even though the winds are relatively weak. Something about bringing in more rain than normal and moving really slow.

It's not coming near central Florida so we still have school today :x

And today is the day we're having the quiz on summer reading. Still haev 200 pages left :x

Doesnt look like we'll even be getting rain here. :(

Runescaper (off and on) since late 2001

(Offtopic: i find this extreamly ironic that this huricane has the name of my ex... and i guess hurricane can discribe her :? :lol: )

Likewise... :shock:

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

ahh i wouldn't last a yr in florida. too many hurricanes.
It'd be my dream place to live. I love storms.

i also love storms. had a thunder storm last night, and the walls of the room are the roof of my house, so i could hear every single drop :D . then i go out to my car and found out i left the window open, and everything on the drivers side is wet :evil: . i still like storms though.

i hope everyone is ok down in florida, i didnt even know about this hurricane :shock: shows how out of it i am :) .

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Ok, the hurricane has passed us. A pressure system pushed it west of us. Now it is headed to the pan handle. It is estmated to be a category 4 hurricane at landfall.

The news says it is rapidly increasing in power. We did not loose our power (thankfully), but 1million others did.

I will try to keep you guys updated on the status.