Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

~~~ Jagex's Mass RWT Ban Cover-up ~~~

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Karvinen
[ Display Name History ]

Karvinen

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P

Our rights

If, acting reasonably, we consider that our Terms and Conditions have or may have been breached, or that it is necessary in order to prevent or stop any harm or damage to us, to any Jagex Product, to other players or the general public, we may Stop (as defined above) any or all accounts of Jagex Products which we think are connected with the offender subject to such right of appeal as is specified on our website. Such actions may result in loss of membership credit and/or loss of real money paid as part of any item / account trading or other prohibited transaction.

They had reason to believe he had broken the rules, and as such, has breached the terms to which he agreed.

They'll have to tell the evidence to the user. Otherwise the defectness of the product is Jagex's fault and a refund or fixing the product for free is required.

Even if you agree to the terms, the above mentioned laws cancel them.

If you want to argue about the T&C, then I suggest you take up this part. I'm sure they'll be able to answer in a more satisfactory form to you. However, I dare say that it won't help much.

Since I am not banned from the game, I don't really care about this. I'm just trying to help.

Kiriyama
[ Display Name History ]

Kiriyama

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,073 posts
  • RSN:Kiriyama
The reason they can't and don't supply evidence for RWT, has been said before.

They do not wish to show how they were actually caught, and give them ideas on how to avoid it in future.

And please, if you believe the T&C is faulty, then please, message Jagex about it to make sure.
Posted Image
Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath
According to the terms and conditions, we can all get banned for no apparent reason with no refund of members credit and no explanation whatsoever.

That dosen't mean its a good thing to do...
O.O

Bauke
[ Display Name History ]

Bauke

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,553 posts
  • RSN:Quitter
  • Clan:True Maxed

According to the terms and conditions, we can all get banned for no apparent reason with no refund of members credit and no explanation whatsoever.

To be honest, I wonder if Jagex can expell us without a valid reason legally. You can't just have paying customers and not give them what they've payed for.

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
Ok, maybe not as bad as i said.

But they CAN ban us for no reason.
O.O

Quelmotz1
[ Display Name History ]

Quelmotz1

Banned

• Members
  • 16 posts

And suffer a loss in customer business due to a bad reputation? Dream on.

tugrul88
[ Display Name History ]

tugrul88

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 114 posts

A bad reputation? They have banned people for practically no reason. By that I mean item lending/donating/staking.

They don't have a bad reputation because they don't allow the innocent to make it public. There's no freedom of speech.
Tugrul88 ---> Perm Banned because Jagex can't distinguish the difference between Trust-trading and RW trading.

Posted Image

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali

A bad reputation? They have banned people for practically no reason. By that I mean item lending/donating/staking.

They don't have a bad reputation because they don't allow the innocent to make it public. There's no freedom of speech.

Yea because Jagex regularly sues bloggers, shuts down blogs and videos and silences the-oh wait.

Sounds like just a load of whining to me. Every game I've ever played has the group of players who were banned "for nothing", that broke the rules and want nothing more than to make the company look like they're Nazis or something.
Posted Image

Posted Image

tugrul88
[ Display Name History ]

tugrul88

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 114 posts

Yea because Jagex regularly sues bloggers, shuts down blogs and videos and silences the-oh wait.

Sounds like just a load of whining to me. Every game I've ever played has the group of players who were banned "for nothing", that broke the rules and want nothing more than to make the company look like they're Nazis or something.

If you believe that I'm "whining" and lying, when I broke the rules, then I don't blame you for your opinion. There's not much I can say there, since you don't know me.

You clearly think Jagex are flawless when it comes to banning players.
Tugrul88 ---> Perm Banned because Jagex can't distinguish the difference between Trust-trading and RW trading.

Posted Image

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts

If you believe that I'm "whining" and lying, when I broke the rules, then I don't blame you for your opinion. There's not much I can say there, since you don't know me.

I don't. Every company makes mistakes. But I don't believe there was a "mass ban coverup".
Posted Image

Posted Image

3hitm4g3u
[ Display Name History ]

3hitm4g3u

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,482 posts
Jagex also hate pyoors!
Posted Image

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts

Nice false dichotomy you got there. Either we think Jagex are horrible cretins from hell that want nothing other than to ban innocent customers or we think they are infallible gods that we should bow down to.

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts

Nice false dichotomy you got there. Either we think Jagex are horrible cretins from hell that want nothing other than to ban innocent customers or we think they are infallible gods that we should bow down to.

I've seen him on the RSOF. Whatever time he doesn't spend bashing Jagex on here, he spends bashing Jagex on the RSOF. It's like how a certain other Tip.It member brings every rant down to "OMG IZ CUZ GE SUX", he brings every RSOF thread he posts in to "Well it doesn't matter because Jagex'll false ban u cuz their nazzzzeees"
Posted Image

Posted Image

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
The GE DOSE Suck.

And Jagex dose make mistakes, multiple multiple mistakes.

Why else would they go out to give everyone a "second chance" if they were already banned in the first place.
O.O

justino9
[ Display Name History ]

justino9

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
A friend told me about the new appeal system so i got on rs and appealed my rwt. I was reading the fourms to see if i had any chance really and read your Thread.

I was banned in november of 07. For SELLING gold i think is funny because the only stat i have that would be good for anything is fletching. and my evidence

This account has been banned for providing GP to a site involved in Real World Trading.

We have evidence to prove that you did so to benefit yourself in the real world.

You have been deemed to be in complete control at the time of the incident.

I think its stupid to perm ban anyone especially with little to no evidence i did do a lot of luring mostly failed luring but thats not a banable offence anymore.

I have no hope that jagex will open thier eyes and unban the innocent but it could happen.

tugrul88
[ Display Name History ]

tugrul88

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 114 posts

I've seen him on the RSOF. Whatever time he doesn't spend bashing Jagex on here, he spends bashing Jagex on the RSOF. It's like how a certain other Tip.It member brings every rant down to "OMG IZ CUZ GE SUX", he brings every RSOF thread he posts in to "Well it doesn't matter because Jagex'll false ban u cuz their nazzzzeees"

Who are you quoting there? If you're going to quote me, don't make up lies.

I don't "bash" Jagex on the RSOF. I ask them questions. Questions that I deserve the answers too. I asked questions regarding the Appeal process on the official Q&A sticky several times, and they completely ignored me. They don't respond to RWT cases and questions.

I have a right to question Jagex since I was banned wrongly without a reason.

Don't post lies. Direct me to a single thread where I said anything about "Well it doesn't matter because Jagex'll false ban u cuz their nazzzzeees".

Posted Image

unjustblood
[ Display Name History ]

unjustblood

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • RSN:Unjustblood
Your party hat account should be unbanned anyway as black marks expire after a year...

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
Perm bans dont expirie, do they?

Hack to 99 everything.

Wait a year, and get it back, yea right.
O.O

tugrul88
[ Display Name History ]

tugrul88

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 114 posts

Perm bans dont expirie, do they?

Hack to 99 everything.

Wait a year, and get it back, yea right.

No they don't.

I think with the new system, those banned of minor offences (swearing etc) have their bans removed after 1 year.

Those accused of more serious offences (RWT'ing, bug-abuse) won't.

Posted Image

Karvinen
[ Display Name History ]

Karvinen

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,168 posts

False. Again, see the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 and Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

Regulation 5(1)[3] sets defines the principle of unfair.

* Has not been individually negotiated[4]

* Causes significant imbalance in the parties rights and obligations.

* Contrary to the requirement of good faith.

Basically, if they can ban members without reason, they are in reality selling nothing while claiming to sell a game. That is called fraud.

Manufacturers' guarantee. s5(1), loss arising from (a) defective goods or (B) negligence of distributor; cannot be excluded where goods are "of a type ordinarily supplied for private use or consumption.

The manufacturer (Jagex) is responsible of the sold product (membership credit) being not defect. It cannot be excluded by the terms and conditions.

Regulation 8 provides that an unfair term "shall not be binding upon the consumer".

For every member ban there MUST be a valid reason. Otherwise Jagex is committing fraud (an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual) which is a serious crime that can result in jail sentence.

I suggest anyone who is a member and has been banned for no reason to contact the consumer protection authorities. If the authorities tell that Jagex is wrong, and Jagex doesn't still do anything about it (refunding or fixing the defect product), you should send a crime report to the police or directly sue Jagex.

The part "we may stop an account for any reason" has been removed from the T&C long time ago, most likely because police, court or some other authorities have told Jagex that it is illegal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users