~~~ Jagex's Mass RWT Ban Cover-up ~~~

tugrul88

On another note, I recall a case in the news a few months ago where a kid threaten to beat another kid up if he didn't give him his RS stuff. Charges were filed and the bully was charged with theft. He was ordered to return the items and had to do like 1000 hours of community service because the judge considered the time spent playing to earn the items.

Original Story

Followup

The case just finished up a few weeks ago, I believe, but the story originally surfaced in 2007.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note, I recall a case in the news a few months ago where a kid threaten to beat another kid up if he didn't give him his RS stuff. Charges were filed and the bully was charged with theft. He was ordered to return the items and had to do like 1000 hours of community service because the judge considered the time spent playing to earn the items.

Original Story

Followup

The case just finished up a few weeks ago, I believe, but the story originally surfaced in 2007.

Yep that's the one, guess my details were a little fuzzy as it had been quite awhile; close enough though :P

If Jagex prove they have credible evidence to back up their suspicions, then nothing would happen.

Oh, and you could only really sue for damages. Enjoy your 1 month membership fee. I'm sure its going ot make the costs of sueing totally worth it.

still it will straighten them up a bit

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your good luck wishes.

Jagex are really stooping to lower measures.

With the new appeal system, they made it clear that members that were banned will be allowed a 2nd appeal 30 days after their 1st appeal, if their 1st appeal with the new system is denied. I was 1 day into my renewed membership when I was banned, my 1st appeal with the new system was denied, and 7 weeks on, I'm not able to use the 2nd chance appeal that they promised.

A thread I made in the RS forums, asking why I've not been given that 2nd appeal, has been ignored for 17 days so far, and still going.

Also, Jagex have now made it so that accounts that were banned for RWT'ing are no longer looked at on the Account Review thread. I don't understand why. From a thread I made on the forums, at least 5 people posted that they were banned for RWT'ing, and are now unbanned. So it's clear that some accounts banned for RWT'ing have been unbanned as Jagex made a mistake. But they're now ignoring all accounts banned for RWT'ing.

Ridiculous. All hope is lost. But I'll continue to vent my frustration, and I have every right to do so.

Tugrul88 ---> Perm Banned because Jagex can't distinguish the difference between Trust-trading and RW trading.

l_3_v_3_l_3.gif

But they're now ignoring all accounts banned for RWT'ing.

What makes you think they're ignoring all accounts banned for it? Face it, a lot of accounts were banned for rwt. Jagex just doesn't have time to look over every single account. It's unfortunate that you had to get banned for something you were innocent of, but [cabbage] happens. Best of luck getting your account unbanned.

Oh, and don't try to sue jagex because your account got banned. You'd end up wasting so much money in legal fees, lawyers, etc. it wouldn't be worth it.

Amaranth_GTO.png

I know it is very unfair in some cases and abosoltely infuriating, but it's not like they really have the time or manpower to look over a few thousand appeals.

I bet they look at about 1/10 appeals maybe less depending on the offence. From what I have read it looks like Jagex doesn't just want to stop RWTing it wants to stop anyone from giving away anything to anybody no matter what the circumstance. They could be doing this to make the game fairer or maybe they don't care at all and are just to lazy to read any of the appeals.

Whatever their reason is I would sure like to know, and if I find out it better be good.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

They had reason to believe he had broken the rules, and as such, has breached the terms to which he agreed.

Lending items, or even donating money to a friend is not against the rules though.

They assumed I was RWT'ing because they saw an unbalanced trade. hence why they can't provide evidence, because they knew that some innocents would be banned to make sure they got rid of the RWT threat.

So without conclusive evidence of a RWT, doesn't that mean I'd win the case if I took it to the Consumer protection Authorities?

If so, I'll have to do so if they deny this new appeal.

Do you think Consumer protection Authorities are going use there time on this? I mean for you it sucks but in the grand scheme of things it is a little blip.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

They had reason to believe he had broken the rules, and as such, has breached the terms to which he agreed.

Lending items, or even donating money to a friend is not against the rules though.

They assumed I was RWT'ing because they saw an unbalanced trade. hence why they can't provide evidence, because they knew that some innocents would be banned to make sure they got rid of the RWT threat.

So without conclusive evidence of a RWT, doesn't that mean I'd win the case if I took it to the Consumer protection Authorities?

If so, I'll have to do so if they deny this new appeal.

Do you think Consumer protection Authorities are going use there time on this? I mean for you it sucks but in the grand scheme of things it is a little blip.

They might. I mean, what makes his complaint any less valid then one about how an item doesn't do what it says it does on the tin?
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

• 3 weeks later...
But why are the innocent still banned? Obviously not much effort is put into investigating into RWT offences. I base this on that fact that my appeal was denied after 2 minutes, my friends was denied after a mere 18 seconds, and I know many others that were denied in a ridiculously short amount of time.

That sounds a lot like Cheka/KGB Russia, where lists of crimes and sentences were prepared somewhere high above to meet quotas. After that, it was simply a matter of finding a few hapless victims to fill the crimes and sentences, and no evidence the accused came up with could set him free. JGX mods, in view of this new development, almost seem to have ban/mute quotas, and deny perfectly legitimate appeals in bulk because of it.

As for the Evidence page, it shows no evidence whatsoever. Simply stating We have evidence that you were in control of the account during the offence is not sufficient. You cannot continue refusing to show evidence, with we cannot explain our methods of catching RWTers in case people find a way around the system. Youve stated that RWTing is impossible. So give us the evidence we deserve to see, if there is any evidence at all.

More shades of communist Russia! In that time & place, evidence was never nececarry and never changed the outcome of an interrogation. They had quotas to fill, after all!

Even with this new Appeal System, I have no hope left for justice, as Im sure youll place all the accounts accused of RWTing in one boat and push the Big Red Denied Button.

Can you say KGB?

This was posted on the RS forums, and after a day it was locked because some people mentioned account names and histories.

So I made a new thread, warning people not to post any names, and to either support or oppose.

This was locked too, and no reason was given as to how I incriminated the rules. I've also received a forum ban.

Blast it, these guys look more and more like Commies the more I look at them.

I don't know what else to do. It's been over 2 years, and every time I get over Jagex's injustice and try to move on, they bring out 2nd chance appeals. These are of course denied. I've yet to meet someone accused of RWT'ing getting unbanned.

And thousands of innocent Russian prisoners had no hope of ever leaving prison.

JaGEx = ComEx, or at least it's getting that way.

Ya like 2 weeks before they made the limit and stuff my friend quit rs and gave me like 3mill cash and his d axe for wcing ( i wanted 99 at the time) and i got perm banned. They wouldn't even let me appeal. They said all outgoing messages will not be read.

It was only a lvl 65 file so i didn't care much but still.

Causing_Fear.png

110225183300.png

"I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American."Daniel Webster

• 2 weeks later...

my account was banned for rwt when i was in the army and wasnt able to play. when i got back i applied it and got denied, then2 years later i thought might as well try whats the worst they can say. i applied checked everyday for a week and no 1 even looked at it. after a week and a half went by i checked and it was apporved and i got my account back. so maybe u should try again but dont be cocky with them. u might get it back.

stealshot.png

stealshot.png