~~~ Jagex's Mass RWT Ban Cover-up ~~~

tugrul88

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, maybe not as bad as i said.

But they CAN ban us for no reason.

And suffer a loss in customer business due to a bad reputation? Dream on.

A bad reputation? They have banned people for practically no reason. By that I mean item lending/donating/staking.

They don't have a bad reputation because they don't allow the innocent to make it public. There's no freedom of speech.

Tugrul88 ---> Perm Banned because Jagex can't distinguish the difference between Trust-trading and RW trading.

l_3_v_3_l_3.gif

A bad reputation? They have banned people for practically no reason. By that I mean item lending/donating/staking.

They don't have a bad reputation because they don't allow the innocent to make it public. There's no freedom of speech.

Yea because Jagex regularly sues bloggers, shuts down blogs and videos and silences the-oh wait.

Sounds like just a load of whining to me. Every game I've ever played has the group of players who were banned "for nothing", that broke the rules and want nothing more than to make the company look like they're Nazis or something.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Yea because Jagex regularly sues bloggers, shuts down blogs and videos and silences the-oh wait.

Sounds like just a load of whining to me. Every game I've ever played has the group of players who were banned "for nothing", that broke the rules and want nothing more than to make the company look like they're Nazis or something.

If you believe that I'm "whining" and lying, when I broke the rules, then I don't blame you for your opinion. There's not much I can say there, since you don't know me.

You clearly think Jagex are flawless when it comes to banning players.

Tugrul88 ---> Perm Banned because Jagex can't distinguish the difference between Trust-trading and RW trading.

l_3_v_3_l_3.gif

If you believe that I'm "whining" and lying, when I broke the rules, then I don't blame you for your opinion. There's not much I can say there, since you don't know me.

I don't. Every company makes mistakes. But I don't believe there was a "mass ban coverup".

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Nice false dichotomy you got there. Either we think Jagex are horrible cretins from hell that want nothing other than to ban innocent customers or we think they are infallible gods that we should bow down to.

Nice false dichotomy you got there. Either we think Jagex are horrible cretins from hell that want nothing other than to ban innocent customers or we think they are infallible gods that we should bow down to.

I've seen him on the RSOF. Whatever time he doesn't spend bashing Jagex on here, he spends bashing Jagex on the RSOF. It's like how a certain other Tip.It member brings every rant down to "OMG IZ CUZ GE SUX", he brings every RSOF thread he posts in to "Well it doesn't matter because Jagex'll false ban u cuz their nazzzzeees"

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

A friend told me about the new appeal system so i got on rs and appealed my rwt. I was reading the fourms to see if i had any chance really and read your Thread.

I was banned in november of 07. For SELLING gold i think is funny because the only stat i have that would be good for anything is fletching. and my evidence

This account has been banned for providing GP to a site involved in Real World Trading.

We have evidence to prove that you did so to benefit yourself in the real world.

You have been deemed to be in complete control at the time of the incident.

I think its stupid to perm ban anyone especially with little to no evidence i did do a lot of luring mostly failed luring but thats not a banable offence anymore.

I have no hope that jagex will open thier eyes and unban the innocent but it could happen.

I've seen him on the RSOF. Whatever time he doesn't spend bashing Jagex on here, he spends bashing Jagex on the RSOF. It's like how a certain other Tip.It member brings every rant down to "OMG IZ CUZ GE SUX", he brings every RSOF thread he posts in to "Well it doesn't matter because Jagex'll false ban u cuz their nazzzzeees"

Who are you quoting there? If you're going to quote me, don't make up lies.

I don't "bash" Jagex on the RSOF. I ask them questions. Questions that I deserve the answers too. I asked questions regarding the Appeal process on the official Q&A sticky several times, and they completely ignored me. They don't respond to RWT cases and questions.

I have a right to question Jagex since I was banned wrongly without a reason.

Don't post lies. Direct me to a single thread where I said anything about "Well it doesn't matter because Jagex'll false ban u cuz their nazzzzeees".

l_3_v_3_l_3.gif

Perm bans dont expirie, do they?

Hack to 99 everything.

Wait a year, and get it back, yea right.

No they don't.

I think with the new system, those banned of minor offences (swearing etc) have their bans removed after 1 year.

Those accused of more serious offences (RWT'ing, bug-abuse) won't.

l_3_v_3_l_3.gif

According to the terms and conditions, we can all get banned for no apparent reason with no refund of members credit and no explanation whatsoever.

That dosen't mean its a good thing to do...

False. Again, see the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 and Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

Regulation 5(1)[3] sets defines the principle of unfair.

* Has not been individually negotiated[4]

* Causes significant imbalance in the parties rights and obligations.

* Contrary to the requirement of good faith.

Basically, if they can ban members without reason, they are in reality selling nothing while claiming to sell a game. That is called fraud.

Manufacturers' guarantee. s5(1), loss arising from (a) defective goods or (B) negligence of distributor; cannot be excluded where goods are "of a type ordinarily supplied for private use or consumption.
The manufacturer (Jagex) is responsible of the sold product (membership credit) being not defect. It cannot be excluded by the terms and conditions.

Regulation 8 provides that an unfair term "shall not be binding upon the consumer".

For every member ban there MUST be a valid reason. Otherwise Jagex is committing fraud (an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual) which is a serious crime that can result in jail sentence.

I suggest anyone who is a member and has been banned for no reason to contact the consumer protection authorities. If the authorities tell that Jagex is wrong, and Jagex doesn't still do anything about it (refunding or fixing the defect product), you should send a crime report to the police or directly sue Jagex.

The part "we may stop an account for any reason" has been removed from the T&C long time ago, most likely because police, court or some other authorities have told Jagex that it is illegal.

According to the terms and conditions, we can all get banned for no apparent reason with no refund of members credit and no explanation whatsoever.

That dosen't mean its a good thing to do...

False. Again, see the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 and Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

Regulation 5(1)[3] sets defines the principle of unfair.

* Has not been individually negotiated[4]

* Causes significant imbalance in the parties rights and obligations.

* Contrary to the requirement of good faith.

Basically, if they can ban members without reason, they are in reality selling nothing while claiming to sell a game. That is called fraud.

Manufacturers' guarantee. s5(1), loss arising from (a) defective goods or (B) negligence of distributor; cannot be excluded where goods are "of a type ordinarily supplied for private use or consumption.
The manufacturer (Jagex) is responsible of the sold product (membership credit) being not defect. It cannot be excluded by the terms and conditions.

Regulation 8 provides that an unfair term "shall not be binding upon the consumer".

For every member ban there MUST be a valid reason. Otherwise Jagex is committing fraud (an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual) which is a serious crime that can result in jail sentence.

I suggest anyone who is a member and has been banned for no reason to contact the consumer protection authorities. If the authorities tell that Jagex is wrong, and Jagex doesn't still do anything about it (refunding or fixing the defect product), you should send a crime report to the police or directly sue Jagex.

The part "we may stop an account for any reason" has been removed from the T&C long time ago, most likely because police, court or some other authorities have told Jagex that it is illegal.

Thanks very much for your time and advice. I would never have even considered notifying higher authorities of this situation, since I'm one of those people that skims through the T&C, and doesn't take anything in.

I'll most definitely be taking your advice and I'll contact the consumer protection authorities if my appeal is denied. I know for a FACT that I was wrongly banned since I've NEVER RWT'ed.

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated :)

l_3_v_3_l_3.gif

Jagex are obliged to show the consumer protection authorities and the police the evidence that they have in banning a player right?

And if they ban a player for RWT'ing, an unbalanced trade wouldn't be sufficient evidence and Jagex could get sued (possibly if they've banned a lot of members with their evidence being an unbalanced trade), or the player WILL be refunded and get their account back, right?

If anyone happens to know, I'd appreciate it.

l_3_v_3_l_3.gif

If Jagex prove they have credible evidence to back up their suspicions, then nothing would happen.

Oh, and you could only really sue for damages. Enjoy your 1 month membership fee. I'm sure its going ot make the costs of sueing totally worth it.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

If Jagex prove they have credible evidence to back up their suspicions, then nothing would happen.

Oh, and you could only really sue for damages. Enjoy your 1 month membership fee. I'm sure its going ot make the costs of sueing totally worth it.

Sarcasm isn't appreciated. I understand that you believe I RWt'ed because Jagex banned me for it, and like I said, I don't blame you for it.

I'm asking the questions simply to understand a bit more.

I would have no intention to even consider trying to bring an end to Runescape, unless the day I quit, my account was still banned.

So basically, since they have don't have evidence of a RWT, they'd be forced to un-ban me, and others that were banned purely due to unbalanced trades.

l_3_v_3_l_3.gif

Bad Jagex BAD!!!.

But to be honest, not totally unexpected.

now that's been said over the years :lol:

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

Sarcasm isn't appreciated. I understand that you believe I RWt'ed because Jagex banned me for it, and like I said, I don't blame you for it.

I would have no intention to even consider trying to bring an end to Runescape, unless the day I quit, my account was still banned.

So basically, since they have don't have evidence of a RWT, they'd be forced to un-ban me, and others that were banned purely due to unbalanced trades.

Oh, I was more making of a point of the "sue Jagex" attitude. You can only sue for damages, so you want your month memebership fee back? Then go ahead and sue, just remember the costs of actually doing so outweigh what you get back.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Oh, I was more making of a point of the "sue Jagex" attitude. You can only sue for damages, so you want your month memebership fee back? Then go ahead and sue, just remember the costs of actually doing so outweigh what you get back.

punitive damages anyone? You could get alot more than actual membership damages if you sued jagex in court. Also just because a contract says something doesn't mean that contract will hold up in court. just fyi.

pandapk2.jpg

My Prediction:

"You have entered the court room of Judge Judy. The plaintiff, who goes by the username KEWLGUY582734 is suing the defendant, Jagex Ltd. claiming he was banned from their game "for no reason"

Bailiff: All rise!

Judge: Sit, sit. And there I was thinking you couldn't get any worse than the rednecks I constantly have on my show. Now. Opening statement from the defense?

Jagex: Here are the records that show why the player was banned. We are not permitted to make this evidence public, due to the confidential nature of our detection process.

Judge: There you have it. Plaintiff?

Plaintiff: BUT DERE BEEING NAZZEEES N U JUST WERK 4 DEM!

Judge: I find in favor of the defendant, and order the plaintiff to two hundred hours of community service, outside.

Plaintiff: Why community service?

Judge: He looks like he could use some sun and social contact. Case over, who wants quesadillas?

Next day on the news

Anchor: In other news, landmark case of what is being called Goliath vs, ended today after about five minutes. The case did teach us some important lessons, said the judge, in just how court proceedings can sink in the facepalming department. At the top of the hour, popular judge commits suicide after aforementioned case. Her suicide note said "I deal with hillbillies every day on my show, but this takes the cake". In other related news, the father of the plaintiff was allegedly spotted punching his son in the head, muttering about honor, public decency, and not shaming the family. Police are currently looking for the man to question him.

Like Runescape can take yet another blow to the image of it's average user.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png