Question about Obsidian Throwing Rings

Cactuaar

Why do people say they're so good? I'm a bit confused on this, as maple short bow and rune arrows have the same stats (+69 ranged attack, +49 ranged strength), and they fire at the same speed. But rune arrows cost around 230 each, whilst throwing rings cost around 320ish. Is it all because throwing rings are one handed? I bought 2k throwing rings before I realized this, but I like the rings because they seem funner than a crossbow or short bow for some reason.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

Well on rune wiki I checked both and it says that they both have a speed of 4. Also, with rune arrows and MSB, they have the exact same ranged attack and strength, except the throwing rings are one handed, and nearly 50% more expensive.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

They're one handed so you can wield something else (like an Unholy Book) to add more range attack. Plus I think they're actually thrown a little faster.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

Think of it like whip vs ss. The whip is one handed, can be wielded with a rune defender, significantly boosting average damage per second. You can wield a shield instead and gain a massive advantage of 40-60 ranged defence bonus which could easily be running out of food and having 3-5 food left in a dm.

Oh and btw, maple shortbow cannot fire rune arrows... It's funny you mention this... because I've been wondering the same thing a few hours before you posted. Yeah, being 1 handed makes a difference... a huge difference. The extra defence from the Dfs alone can make it suitable for ranging Aviansies, with a pony ofcourse.

Oh and btw, maple shortbow cannot fire rune arrows... It's funny you mention this... because I've been wondering the same thing a few hours before you posted. Yeah, being 1 handed makes a difference... a huge difference. The extra defence from the Dfs alone can make it suitable for ranging Aviansies, with a pony ofcourse.

void+dfs doesn't need a pony - bunyip does the job fine. Pony is just overkill and wastes profit/effort.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Oh lol, I just noticed that. I meant magic short bow, haven't used maple short bow for like 3 years now x.x

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png