Does your vote count?

Zierro

I usually cast blank votes so I'd say mine makes a difference (however small) in not electing the wrong person over ticking random boxes :lol:

Donkey votes are much more fun !

:mrgreen:

Voting in Australia is mandatory so yes, your vote does count, even if it is 1/20million.

Actually nearly 1 in 22 million now. :)

Population Counter

Even if you don't think it counts, you should still vote. If you can vote but don't then you don't have a right to complain the country.

You should always have the right to complain. That's the best way to get things done when it comes to government.

I don't think a person that didn't vote should be allowed to complain about governmental leaders, knowing that they didn't do anything to stop that person from reaching power.

Oh, and voting matters.

What could they do to stop it that actually wouldn't just be a fruitless effort? Complaining is far more effective than voting. Your voice can count as millions, your vote can only count as one.

Bush was re-elected because one city couldn't be counted correctly. Had the thousands of people just shown up to vote, we wouldn't have even needed to come to that. Then again, Gore would probly be our president now doing his second term.

on a smaller scale, Rubean Studdard beat Clay Aiken in American idol by less than 200 votes. Each phone is allowed to vote 10 times. That's a difference of 20 people.

So yes, My voice/vote/opinion counts for alot. Just as everyone else's.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Voting in the American electorial college is useless. Only by popular vote should democracy stand.

Too bad we don't live in a democracy.(Republic)

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Socrates was judged and prosecuted, and out voted to die by about 20% of the voters in the court, if I remember correctly.

That's the problem I've always had with democracy. It only works to satisfy the majority no matter how ridiculous, not to do what's fair or what's right.

Unfortunately, that's the best thing we've got. There's no numerical value for what is fair and what is right, so we have to approximate. As such, we have to trust each other.

Yes, your vote counts, but never forget that you are not the only person in the world with an opinion and a voice.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately, that's the best thing we've got. There's no numerical value for what is fair and what is right, so we have to approximate. As such, we have to trust each other.

Yes, your vote counts, but never forget that you are not the only person in the world with an opinion and a voice.

The major problem is that everyone's vote counts as one and only one. It's completely unfair that someone who has actually done their research only has the same effect as someone who knows practically nothing about the issue. They could just flip a coin to see what they'd vote for and their voice would still be just as equal as someone who actually knows what they are voting for. Surely the researcher's input is far more valuable.

That's not all - what about taking into account how strongly people feel about the issue?

"I'm a homosexual and I really want to marry my boyfriend who I have loved for 5 years. It hurts me how it is 'forbidden'. Hopefully this will change things." *Votes pro gay marriage*

"Gay marriage? I only came here to vote for more traffic lights. Hmmm... Well, I don't really care... but the Bible says it's forbidden so..." *Votes anti gay marriage*

Something is terribly wrong here.

Even if you don't think it counts, you should still vote. If you can vote but don't then you don't have a right to complain the country.

You should always have the right to complain. That's the best way to get things done when it comes to government.

I don't think a person that didn't vote should be allowed to complain about governmental leaders, knowing that they didn't do anything to stop that person from reaching power.

Oh, and voting matters.

What could they do to stop it that actually wouldn't just be a fruitless effort? Complaining is far more effective than voting. Your voice can count as millions, your vote can only count as one.

Actually, with the right to vote comes the right to also abstain from voting. I didn't vote in the last election, mainly because there was no one worth voting for. And yes, I do have the right to complain, because I didn't like any of the candidates (even the smaller ones) and my not voting was keeping anyone from going into office.