Interview: Jagex�s Mark Gerhard

fertjuh3

yawn, an article about free to play. I think I'll pass and not read.

Shut up and read you [bleep], f2p is the main focus of Runescape now :) and yes we do bring some money in the basket. I've had it with all the f2p bashing idiots!

Oh yeh Lordjake you know who it is ;) and I bet you spend 10k hours on rs as well ;)

olololol f2p the main focus of RuneScape don't be silly. They say that crap to get more people to play and hopefully become members. Oh yeah and f2p brings in TONS check it out! If I'm not mistaken f2p's "income" is declining.

JagexPrimaryIncome.jpg

xxteargodxx.png

[hide=]

Shut up and read you [bleep], f2p is the main focus of Runescape now :) and yes we do bring some money in the basket. I've had it with all the f2p bashing idiots!

Oh yeh Lordjake you know who it is ;) and I bet you spend 10k hours on rs as well ;)

olololol f2p the main focus of RuneScape don't be silly. They say that crap to get more people to play and hopefully become members. Oh yeah and f2p brings in TONS check it out! If I'm not mistaken f2p's "income" is declining.

JagexPrimaryIncome.jpg

[/hide]

You don't have to be so arrogant about it.. Without F2P Runescape wouldn't exist. They are just as every bit as important as P2P. The only difference is P2P (myself included) get extra content.

F2P can exist easily without P2P but I would say it would be hard to sustain Runescape with only P2P. This is due to the fact of how much F2P contribute to keeping the Runescapes economy going.

So maybe they aren't really Jagex's main focus, but they still want to provide them with a full working game that is just smaller than the member's version.

i certainly hope i haven't played 10k hours, or else i'd only be averaging like 16k exp/hour since i started playing :oops:

160vy.png

[hide=]

JagexPrimaryIncome.jpg

[/hide]

You don't have to be so arrogant about it.. Without F2P Runescape wouldn't exist. They are just as every bit as important as P2P. The only difference is P2P (myself included) get extra content.

F2P can exist easily without P2P but I would say it would be hard to sustain Runescape with only P2P. This is due to the fact of how much F2P contribute to keeping the Runescapes economy going.

So maybe they aren't really Jagex's main focus, but they still want to provide them with a full working game that is just smaller than the member's version.

yeh perhaps I stated it a bit wrong. we might not get much money into Jagex pocket, but we do help the game persist on it's own. There are maybe a 100 times more f2p accounts than p2p, and sure the big gp is made in member worlds but that couldn't be done without us. We provide most of the resources because it is not profitable for p2p-ers to do so. If we weren't there the prices of virtually all resources would be a lot higher today.

And I was simply saying Jagex is nowadays shifting their focus also a bit more to f2p, and I many p2p-ers will not like that, but as you showed we provide 7% of jagex income (well the adds do, but i click on them to help rs). And you keep forgetting every f2p update is also an p2p update. So perhaps stop whining if we get access to a few features that makes us a full part of the community!

And LJ perhaps you played 8k hours then? more reasonable ? :lol:

FTPers are the rock supporting runescapes economy, we slave away making pitiful gps and ganing little xp so that high lvl members can make 1 bil in an hour at godwars and buy all their skills!

BTW: Great interview \'

I don't get the whole F2P vs. P2P thing. Runescape is a symbiosis between F2P and P2P. Both parts of the game contribute to the game in their own way.

Couldn't have said it better ;)