Back after 4-5 years

Deltaer

Hi,

I've been away from the game for 4-5 years, and I've noticed a lot has changed... So just have some basic question and looking for some advice.

I'm thinking of making a pure mage in f2p. Is there a point anymore? I know there are worlds now in which you can fight anyone anywhere, but has this resulted in a boring wild? Do people pk in the wild anymore? On free worlds?

Or I could resume my lvl 100-something account (not such a high level anymore), get members, and train my mage and range... Problem is that I have literally no cash or rares, or anything to make cash.. gave them all away before I quit. I don't want this game to occupy my life, so with all the changes, how hard would it be to actually gain some money and try to raise my skills? I know ranging doesn't require a lot of money.. but I don't know how maging has changed.

And how is the combat triangle now in p2p? f2p? What's the most popular class now and which is the strongest?

Any advice would be appreciated!

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

Do not make a pker! I repeat... Do N0T make a pker.

Waste of money, drops are horrible in f2p, and too many noobs that attack you for no reason

Make some money killing green dragons

Melee is always the strongest combat thingy

Using godswords, you're almost unstoppable (unless you farcast them)

Manitstinks.gif

lolud0.pnglol2ni3.png

Hi,

I've been away from the game for 4-5 years, and I've noticed a lot has changed... So just have some basic question and looking for some advice.

I'm thinking of making a pure mage in f2p. Is there a point anymore? I know there are worlds now in which you can fight anyone anywhere, but has this resulted in a boring wild? Do people pk in the wild anymore? On free worlds?

Aless you haven't heard, the old wilderness is gone, and I assume there would be more pking in F2P since theres not that much content. I could be wrong, I dont know much of Pking

Or I could resume my lvl 100-something account (not such a high level anymore), get members, and train my mage and range... Problem is that I have literally no cash or rares, or anything to make cash.. gave them all away before I quit. I don't want this game to occupy my life, so with all the changes, how hard would it be to actually gain some money and try to raise my skills? I know ranging doesn't require a lot of money.. but I don't know how maging has changed.

Resume the level-100 account, and put a membership on it. Name the skill levels and I could tell you useful ways of making money

And how is the combat triangle now in p2p? f2p? What's the most popular class now and which is the strongest?

Many say melee is overpowered, and that may be true. As in popular, Its hard to say, I see alot of mages/rangers/meleers around

P2P imo has alot more variety, whilst F2P im sure has more meleers

GG.gif

Do not make a pker! I repeat... Do N0T make a pker.

Waste of money, drops are horrible in f2p, and too many noobs that attack you for no reason

Make some money killing green dragons

Melee is always the strongest combat thingy

Using godswords, you're almost unstoppable (unless you farcast them)

Hey thanks for the reply.

I'm not really worried about making money as PKer; just wanna have fun in the wild. But how has the f2p wild changed in the past couple of years? Do people still use it? I really don't wanna go the p2p my-old-account route.. cause the game seems to complicated now... too much new stuff. Getting back into ranging would not be difficult as its relatively cheap, but otherwise, I don't know.

Green dragons? You mean selling dragon bones?

Mages don't rule p2p wild anymore? Even with Magiks??

How much are these godwords? Keep in mind that I have no idea what they are but they seem pricey..

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

Hi,

Aless you haven't heard, the old wilderness is gone, and I assume there would be more pking in F2P since theres not that much content. I could be wrong, I dont know much of Pking

Resume the level-100 account, and put a membership on it. Name the skill levels and I could tell you useful ways of making money

Many say melee is overpowered, and that may be true. As in popular, Its hard to say, I see alot of mages/rangers/meleers around

P2P imo has alot more variety, whilst F2P im sure has more meleers

So theres a wild in f2p but the one in p2p is gone? Huh? What about that mage arena deep in the wild?

You can check my stats on the high scores - same account name as this one. Deltaer.

Bandos Godsword: 17.4m

Armadyl Godsword: 68.7m

Zamorak Godsword: 24.6m

Saradomin Godsword: 46.8m

Godswords dont make you almost unstoppable, thats an exaggeration. There used for boss hunting and other things, but there is much better combos that would defeat someone with a godsword. Godswords are from the Godwars, a dungeon that has 4 high level bosses (with several high level minions for each) that drop the corresponding god item. Like for Bandos, Bandos Chestplate, Godsword etc. Each dungeon for the high level boss requires a certain amount of defeated minions for the following Boss and a certain level (Like for Kree'ara the Armadyl boss 70 range)

And there is a wild in P2P, but I dont know how much it is used, since I never go on it.

GG.gif

Pking with ags hitting 60+ yeah u r pretty much the best...

Ever think of the fact that your gonna need a high strength to do that?

A Dfs+whip combo with 99 strength against an AGS or other gs, theres a good chance that the combo could win. And I doubt hes gonna spend all tht money on an AGS anyways.

GG.gif

I don't want this game to occupy my life, so with all the changes, how hard would it be to actually gain some money and try to raise my skills? I know ranging doesn't require a lot of money.. but I don't know how maging has changed.

You can make money on RS quite easily without much work at all nowadays. For example Manage Thy Kindom after the quest Royal Trouble, buying battlestaffs from Zaff in Varrock after the completion of the Varrock Achievment diary and using the farming skill to farm herbs can be combined to a 15 minute daily routine that earns you a couple of thousands of gp. The Great Orb Project minigame at the mage tower south of Draynor village is a very low focus money making method for anybody with 50+ runecrafting. Also, the game logs you off automatically after over five minutes of inactivity and all of the fighting randoms have been removed, so skills like fishing and woodcutting can be trained easily for a small income.

Magic is mostly trained by stringing amulets or bursting rock lobsters. High alchemy is also used by some people. All of these methods cost money. If you want to train ranged I recommend the Aviansies at the GWD and for magic I recommend bursting rock lobsters because of the charms you get for training summoning. Using red chinchompas is a very quick way to train ranged, but it requires a lot of money.

Here is a guide for the rock lobsters:

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=754040

Aviansies:

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=708158

Rao.png

If you're going to train range, don't use a magic shortbow. It's useless now -.- Get a rune crossbow.

You're kidding...

Crossbows are really stupid... Ugh, all the changes and new additions to this game are such a turn off.

There is so much for you to catch up on. F2p bounty hunter worlds would be close to the old wild system your used to. There isnt teleports out of the wild anymore on the bounty hunter worlds so thats better. Look out for the multi combat zones there is often clans waiting there to jump you. If you stick to f2p bounty hunter worlds you will find its not much different then the old wild you were used to.

As far as p2p goes runecrafting is basically the best money maker. Just start slowly and you will pick up on things.