Why do people make '20 Def pures'?

OnIIx

Hello.

What's so good about them? And also, why do they mostly have 60+ Attack and use whips/SS's 95% of the time?

I've got an 40/45/1 + 50 range/50 mage + 1 pray account thinking of making it mems, but rune is to expensive to keep replacing (PJers with Claws/AGS...), but is 20 high enough? Prayer will be 11 if I keep 60 attack (Lose 250k-300k P/Death) or 31 (lose 100k less).

Or should I get 70 Attack/34 prayer? Thanks.

onyx7890.png

Current goal: Legends, Regicide, Roving Elf's, Barrows RFD, 95+ Attack.

Proselyte. - 30def?

I would add the prayer on, just for keep item+strength bonuses. < I like risking more, but the PPots are sorta waste. IDK about 31 Pray tho

onyx7890.png

Current goal: Legends, Regicide, Roving Elf's, Barrows RFD, 95+ Attack.

a lot of 20 def accounts used to be 1 def, but they got messed up.

a plus of 20 def tho is the ability to wear initiate armor, which i believe has higher def than mith, and has a prayer bonus.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

they make them because they are massed up. In pvp my lvl 78 gs pure has no trouble killing lvl 95 accs at all and they have def. I have 1 so basicly they do it because mith is the very best armor in the game~!!

well i think you can get rune or addy gloves at 20 defense. i thought you needed like 30+ prayer to wear initiate? if your gonna be 11 prayer there no poin tin prayer enhancing gear tbh.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
well i think you can get rune or addy gloves at 20 defense. i thought you needed like 30+ prayer to wear initiate? if your gonna be 11 prayer there no poin tin prayer enhancing gear tbh.

You can wear rune gloves at 13 defence.

Initiate needs 20 prayer.

The reason they tend to have high attack is because 20 defence is pretty good against mains, but tends to suck against pures (the same combat level), since while mains will still have lower combat stats than an initiate pure of the same level, a 1 defence pure will have 5 combat levels worth of more attack/strength to dish out pain.

Zerker_jane.png