Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

renew familar?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

tigershelby2
[ Display Name History ]

tigershelby2

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
to use the renew familiar option, do you still have to have summoning points?

Barrows:
Verac- Helm, Brassard x 2,
Torag- Body, Hammers
Karil- Crossbow
Guthan- Body
Ahrim- Hood, Staff

kingmickez25
[ Display Name History ]

kingmickez25

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:KingMickez25
Yes

tigershelby2
[ Display Name History ]

tigershelby2

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
so just bring a summoning pot for like aviansies or something?

Barrows:
Verac- Helm, Brassard x 2,
Torag- Body, Hammers
Karil- Crossbow
Guthan- Body
Ahrim- Hood, Staff

Italian5kamikaze
[ Display Name History ]

Italian5kamikaze

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,685 posts
Yep
Posted Image
Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Troacctid
  • Clan:The Farming Guild
It's really the same as summoning a new familiar. You need another pouch and everything. You just don't need to dismiss the old one first, which I guess is convenient.

wioneo
[ Display Name History ]

wioneo

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,410 posts
  • RSN:wioneo

It's really the same as summoning a new familiar. You need another pouch and everything. You just don't need to dismiss the old one first, which I guess is convenient.

The main use is for at GWD or something when you have a filled BOB about to run out. Now you don't have to put things into the new one one by one while some fat [wagon] bird is throwing tornados at you.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland

Capes

JoeDaStudd
[ Display Name History ]

JoeDaStudd

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,464 posts
  • RSN:joe da studd
Helps a big lot when your boss hunting or questing.

For example when I tank bandos pre-update I would have to kill the familiar right after the general dies summon a new one, fill the new one up with as much as I could spare from my inventory, pick up the items it dropped, put them in the BoB, then take out the originals from the BoB and put them back into my inventory. This used to loss me hp (as you don't have time to heal on the minis and re-summon), a few tanks (lethal if your team isn't ready for it) as well as being a big hassle.

With a full or near full war tort its 18 items to shuffle in less then 1 minute.

The new update I simple hit renew and continue.

For quests like Underground Pass, Regicide, Roving Elves and so on it allows you to take a full t bird of food/supplies and not have to worry about banking every time the bird is about to die.
Drops
Stats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users