Aviantese hunter n00b here

Lielac

I'm going to be getting 70 range soon, and as such I'm at a level where Aviantese murdering is a viable source of shinies.

Seeing as blessed dragonhide would put too much of a dent in my rather meager cash pile for me to be comfortable, I would prefer not getting all bloated by drinking a million prayer potions, and looking at my stats, what would be the best equipment and for me to use?

I have a sara mitre, a zammy book, and an armadyl pendant if that helps.

Also, how hard is Eadgar's Ruse?

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

I would say tanking is completely out of the question, with only 66 defense you aren't going to be able to keep up on healing and fighting at the same time.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Well depending on your budget, I would use a granite shield, rune x bow, zammy/sara vambs/top/chaps (depending on the cheapest ones for each), and arma pendent. That setup seems to work pretty well for me.

By the way, the quest took less than an hour for me, and was easy. Just a little runnin around. Read Tip.it's guide here: http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2quest_id=77

May be a little hard killin em at your level though with that low defence, get that to 70 at least!

Big_Stingman.png

I would say tanking is completely out of the question, with only 66 defense you aren't going to be able to keep up on healing and fighting at the same time.

What is tanking?

I remember something about it from when I last read a guide on aviansie killing, but I'm not sure what it is.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

Praying = Pray from Range

Tanking = High defense without Pray Range, and use Bones to peaches and Bunyip/Unicorns to survive without Prayer.

Considering your super low def level, you HAVE to pray range and use Prayer pots. Don't worry, though, Praying is faster anyways... gotta spend money to make money.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

A decent prayer setup will only cost about 300k then the cost of supplies.

60 prayer is actually one of the better levels to start praying at the avis.

This setup should last you about 2-3hours and get a decent profit.

Mitre

Stole

Monk robes top and bottoms

Snakeskin boots

Rune C'bow

Brodoo shield or guthix/zammy book

Avs's Acculator

Barrow gloves or black hide vamps

Emerald (e) bolts, as many as you can afford after pots.

Ring of life or Explorers (3)

As long as the mitre or stole is zammy you'll only get attacked by the avis or bandos followers (just either safe spot them or avoid them).

Fill your inventory with 5 range pots, 100 or so nats, firestaff or runes, holy wrench, 2/3 junk food items, an emergency food item and/or tele then the rest prayer pots.

Get them to less then 25%-50% health then switch to another letting either the posion or a GWD pet kill/finish them.

EDIT that quest is every easy and saves a lot of time.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Seeing as blessed dragonhide would put too much of a dent in my rather meager cash pile for me to be comfortable, I would prefer not getting all bloated by drinking a million prayer potions, and looking at my stats, what would be the best equipment and for me to use?

Well no offence, but looking at your defence level you would have a very small chance of staying alive at avansies for more than 5-10 minutes. You're going to have to follow what joe offered. The gear is pretty easy to get and if you don't have 300k, wowee.

On a side note Edgar's Ruse is easy for most players, would be pretty easy for you and its a straight forward quest. The quest saves 2-3 minutes of walking time and that really adds up after a few trips.

mis_turk.png

I'd say your stats could use a bit of training before you're ready for that.

I would recommend getting defence 75 before going to Avansies and Godwars in general.

For the rest black d'hide body and chaps, rune crossbow and broad-tipped bolts (around 1k of them) will do. A dragon sq shield or obby shield would be usefull as well.

I also recommend bringing lots of bones to peaches (for additional food when you run out) and runes/staff to alc drops.

Oh, and if this will be the first time you visit the Godwars dungeon, bring a rope to use on the hole, also, before you can enter it, talk to the knight near there.

But as said, level your defence up first or you won't last!

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]