Help on what laptop to get...

meme79

getting new laptop so been looking.. these are 6 that id like to get.. if anyone has any comments, suggestions or anythign on what one to get, or a diffrant one please post it

1. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 8044029168

(would need another ~$100 for this :| )

2.http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... merreviews

3. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 8040476937

4. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 8047260964

5. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 8044029503

6. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 8076082044

going to use for school work, runescape, might play some games like sims 3 if it can handle it, budget of around $700

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

Speaking of laptops, what kind of computer do you guys recommend one should get for college? I'll be a HS senior next year, so we might see some new products coming out over the next year, but I'm just wondering.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

K, probably will get enough for first if i ask 4 birthday :P

However, you could either get 2 or 3 but with 8GB of RAM.

May I question why you are recommending he buy 8GB or RAM?

I'll recommend the first, I suppose.

Speaking of laptops, what kind of computer do you guys recommend one should get for college? I'll be a HS senior next year, so we might see some new products coming out over the next year, but I'm just wondering.
Well, that doesn't tell us anything. For that, I could just suggest a $200 netbook for an extended battery life. What operating system do you prefer, if any? Do you have a budget? Do you play any games? Are ports important (FireWire, USB, etc)? There's so many variables, then adding along a year of technological advancements. SSDs might become a more viable option for consumers, LED/OLED displays may rise, the list goes on.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

Because the first laptop isn't a major improvement over 2 and 3, and there are other things to upgrade than RAM, I gave that as an example.

First or third, depending on how good graphics you'd want on Sims 3 for example. First is better, but more expensive.

And 8gb ram is unnecessary.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Because the first laptop isn't a major improvement over 2 and 3, and there are other things to upgrade than RAM, I gave that as an example.

I doubt he'll ever go above 2GB-4GB while using this system.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

Probably wont :P so get #3?

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

Probably wont :P so get #3?

It looks like an excellent buy.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

Well, that doesn't tell us anything. For that, I could just suggest a $200 netbook for an extended battery life. What operating system do you prefer, if any? Do you have a budget? Do you play any games? Are ports important (FireWire, USB, etc)? There's so many variables, then adding along a year of technological advancements. SSDs might become a more viable option for consumers, LED/OLED displays may rise, the list goes on.

OS: I've used Windows all my life, but I'm willing to try Apple if it allows me to start-up/shut-down/run smoother over time. I just need the basic Word processing as well as something to browse the internet with. Perhaps throw in a good graphics card just in case I get really bored and do wanna install a game or two.

Budget: Under $950 is good. No need for an expensive computer for college.

Games: If it hinders my ability to do well in college, then none (and disregard what I said above; I know this aspect varies student to student, but I think I'll have trouble focusing if I addictively play any type of game).

Ports: Never used FireWire before; USBs just include printer, flashdrive, and perhaps my iPod's USB cable.

Preferably something that's quiet, won't be any slower 4 years from purchase than 4 months from purchase (what are the chances? I also don't download a bunch of stuff), and doesn't require a lot of maintenance. If anything, I avoid computers from retail stores (i.e. computer companies like Compaq, HP, eMachines, and the likes) because those just deteriorate right out of the box.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

OS: I've used Windows all my life, but I'm willing to try Apple if it allows me to start-up/shut-down/run smoother over time. I just need the basic Word processing as well as something to browse the internet with. Perhaps throw in a good graphics card just in case I get really bored and do wanna install a game or two.

Budget: Under $950 is good. No need for an expensive computer for college.

Games: If it hinders my ability to do well in college, then none (and disregard what I said above; I know this aspect varies student to student, but I think I'll have trouble focusing if I addictively play any type of game).

Ports: Never used FireWire before; USBs just include printer, flashdrive, and perhaps my iPod's USB cable.

Preferably something that's quiet, won't be any slower 4 years from purchase than 4 months from purchase (what are the chances? I also don't download a bunch of stuff), and doesn't require a lot of maintenance. If anything, I avoid computers from retail stores (i.e. computer companies like Compaq, HP, eMachines, and the likes) because those just deteriorate right out of the box.

OS: As far as operating systems go, they all begin to slow down as the disk enlarges. If you wanted to try OS X, the cheapest laptop you could purchase that isn't from the refurb store is the polycarbonate MacBook for $950 after an education discount. During the back-to-school program (which is going on now) you can get a free iPod Touch after rebate, which has a $220 price tag. In addition, you can get a free $100 printer after rebate (this goes on all year, and you can get it with the iPod Touch). However, if you aren't planning to keep these items, their value decreases because they are essentially free with every Mac purchase.

Games: A Macintosh with, even with an IGPU, will play the games it sounds like you may want to play.

Ports: The polycarbonate MacBook has two USB ports and one FireWire 400 port. It also has a MagSafe connection, ethernet, mini DVI, and a headphone port. The trackpad is capable of two finger scrolling.

It shouldn't slow down over time, as any laptop shouldn't less the parts become damaged. The problem lies that new software is always being released. I haven't had an issue with Apple's customer support, but I'm only one person.

I didn't really assess any options for the PC side, as the laptops stated here should be more than capable of running the software you require.

hopesolopatriot.jpg