Emo Children

Antrune

I remember Smarvey's post about becoming on Emo and seeing if he got girls? *think thats correct*. Josh aka. Liquid Morph always uses 'Emo' as a derogitory term to me as a joke and too others I spose. Ive heard they cry and slit their wrists but what other noticable appearences do 'Emos' have and what sort of bands do they listen/ like. Also do they deserve the abuse :lol: ?

Im not one btw

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

I remember Smarvey's post about becoming on Emo and seeing if he got girls? *think thats correct*. Josh aka. Liquid Morph always uses 'Emo' as a derogitory term to me as a joke and too others I spose. Ive heard they cry and slit their wrists but what other noticable appearences do 'Emos' have and what sort of bands do they listen/ like. Also do they deserve the abuse :lol: ?

Im not one btw

EMO :oops:

mwp9oo.jpg

So much stereotyping in the world, it's pathetic :/

To answer your question, bands like My Chemical Romance, Funeral for a Friend, Taking Back Sunday, The Used, Yellowcard, and on the heavier side (screamo) It Dies Today, Still Remains, Bullet for my Valentine, From First To Last...It's lame whats considered "emo" nowadays, if you ask me theyre trying to steal all the good music off us :evil:

Average emo girl : Black windswept hair, black make up, band t-shirt, tight jeans, surface/nose piercing, abundance of badges, clips, patches and wristbands.

emo-38386.jpg

Average Emo Band (From first to last): Lyrics about making a big deal out of getting dumped, laced with metaphors about war and hearts, and cutting yourself.

fromfirsttolast3cr.png

From First To Last - Such A Tragedy lyrics

Keep on running darling,

you're bound to kill yourself with another thousand miles.

And tear my eyes right out.

I'd rather see you without them anyway.

Take me away.

I don't know you anymore.

And I know you will never

(rip my heart out) listen to me again.

You will never

(rip my heart out and leave it beating on the floor) listen to me again.

Take me away.

I don't know you anymore.

Sad thing is...I like a lot of emo music xD

logo.jpg

those emo guys look sooooo stupid :lol: pansies with make-up and all :lol:

you should become a metalhead :wink:

kiss_01_band.jpg

Like these guys? :wink:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Kiss is not metal.

I know, but still it's another 'harder' form of music that uses make-up too. :wink:

21o4pav.jpg

Make up doesn't make someone emo. Whining does.

Simple Plan are emo. Disgusting stuff.

:D

Not so disrespectful, it is a form of art, some people find help or inspiration out of it. It could be that you don't like the music, least thing you could do is show a little respect.

I think you're a pretty good new poster to the forums btw. :P

21o4pav.jpg

The "emo" group are not to be confused with genuinely depressed people who may self-harm for other reasons than to "fit in".

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

DanSwano, I had a few beers, but I got to say, I love you. Just like that other dude that guessed Otto e Mezzo in the movie guessin topic! I love you all! I love everybody!

MORE BEER AND LOVE PLEASE!!

21o4pav.jpg

Make up doesn't make someone emo. Whining does.

Simple Plan are emo. Disgusting stuff.

:D

Not so disrespectful, it is a form of art, some people find help or inspiration out of it. It could be that you don't like the music, least thing you could do is show a little respect.

I think you're a pretty good new poster to the forums btw. :P

This is the internet. You're not allowed to be nice, kind, helpful or give compliments. It's against the rules.

I wanna join the love again, a bit anyway :wink:

For all of you out there who enjoy judging people, keep in mind that everybody experience the world in a different way. If you take that further it means you can't really be "right" about anything.

Oh dear.. I went offtopic.

Anyway, no, nobody deserves abuse :o

Well, I was sitting with some friends down at a huge park area close to where I live and some random chavs (like 15 of em) just pelted these emo guys and gals with water bombs. It was pathetic. Now I know more about em they do seem pretty odd but pelting em for no reason is bloody harsh.

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

mask3.gif

The tragedian -- the founder of Emo!

Anyway, while there is certainly a place for songs about tragedies, and how someone left the singer for their best friend, and how the singer now wants to cut various body parts off and mail them to their bank manager...&c., having a band whose only purpose is to write these is -- I think -- silly.

I'm about to get optimistic on yo' [wagon]. After all, there is always someone worse off than you -- why not have a good laugh at their expense? I do it all the time: hahaha! why, only today I saw a badly disabled woman fall over in the park!* --see? Easy.

You know The Cure? There's an example of a band who can do tragic sounding songs, wear makeup and mascara/whatever it is that people darken their eyes with and get the balance right, with "happy" songs, too.

album.cure.bloodflowers.00.jpg1019667.jpg

*no, I'm not quite that nasty -- not quite.

Whats this emo bashing trend thats going on about? Why in the * would emo people deserve abuse? I see emo people just as a part of todays teen culture. Just like in seventies there were hippies, or hip hoppers or anything else today.

And I hate stereotyping so * much. I may look like emo to some people (I wear black converses and darkish (emoish type hair I think) at the moment.)

But that that some people may think I look like "emo kid", doesn't make me one, it's stupid to make stereotypies like that. I don't think there even are so simple people that fit the punk, emo, or some other stereotypes perfectly.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

While I know what you mean, and it is wrong to apply stereotypes to people like this... we're having a go at the people who DO conform to the stereotype -- the people who are all the same, and are[ like that :).

While it's wrong to say something like "Those people who listen to X genre of music are all morons" there's surely nothing wrong with complaining about the sort of person described by the steretype: the morons who listen to that sort of music.

On top of that... for someone to be an "emo" person (as far as I know -- I only ever hear the word on Tip.it) they must conform to that sterotype. Now, while I'm not going to start actually saying that they're bad people -- as usual, I don't know enough about it, and don't have an oppinion -- surely people can, with all accuracy in the world, talk about "those Emo kids who slit their rists and listen to x sort of music" -- if the person doesn't do that, are they an Emo person -- that's what I'm getting at.

Maybe I've completely missed the point, and that's not what these people do. Even so, because in this case it is the stereotype that defines the person (unlike saying something like "Emoians* are all drug addicts" -- in which case the type of person existed before the steretype), I think it's justified for people to be able to say what they want about Emo-folk. If they started saying "oh, those emo people do yyy", then anyone who didn't do yyy would cease to be an emo-face.

*I am at a loss as to how to use the word, even.

So much stereotyping in the world, it's pathetic :/

To answer your question, bands like My Chemical Romance, Funeral for a Friend, Taking Back Sunday, The Used, Yellowcard, and on the heavier side (screamo) It Dies Today, Still Remains, Bullet for my Valentine, From First To Last...It's lame whats considered "emo" nowadays, if you ask me theyre trying to steal all the good music off us :evil:

Theyre cool people to talk to, people are just intimidated, lol. People are afraid of goths cause of how they dress, which pisses me off :(

Eeew screamo :evil:

My girlfriend just LEFT ME

I swear ive heard like 4 emo songs with that line, makes me laugh every time.[/i]

lol. ive only read the first post and i can tell you some of their stupidest quilities.

1. wearing girl jeans

2. having hair thats longer in the front and having it over their face so the can be all like "i am tragic and mysterious....."

3. cutting their wrists

4. crying themselves to sleep

you can find all of this in the infamously [developmentally delayed]ed song that they play too much on mtv 2, "ohio hearts" or some other crap.

ALL EMO MUST DIE!!! :twisted:

l33t version: 3M0 T3H SUXORZEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: