Tip.It Times: 14 June 2009

Mirror

:? Hrm. Either people are just skimming through my article or the whole idea was completely missed somehow.

Rest and fatigue. Sleep. Think about it. :lol:

No I think I know what you're saying my dear. Its just that I find this rest feature 100% positive whereas I found every aspect of the fatigue system with beds and bags 110% negative towards the dynamics of the game.

I can't seem to draw any parallels between the two, except of course that we have to "rest" back than and now hehe.

Fatigue really discouraged myself and many others but rest seems to have raised the bar and made alot of ppl happy . ::'

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:? Hrm. Either people are just skimming through my article or the whole idea was completely missed somehow.

Rest and fatigue. Sleep. Think about it. :lol:

No I think I know what you're saying my dear. Its just that I find this rest feature 100% positive whereas I found every aspect of the fatigue system with beds and bags 110% negative towards the dynamics of the game.

I can't seem to draw any parallels between the two, except of course that we have to "rest" back than and now hehe.

Fatigue really discouraged myself and many others but rest seems to have raised the bar and made alot of ppl happy . ::'

Roflmao I said that in my article silly!

I still think you're my hero though. :P

nice articles! =D>

the dyk was cool too

wish they woud make a range weapon with 9 speed

(i woud just use rapid and go own some boss(and loose all my ammo in 1 shot, well nothing is perfect...))

Just because something is at the top of the Google search, does not mean it's accurate or reliable.

Google ranks pages by their "votes". Different actions by internet users cause them to (unknowingly) submit a "vote". These actions include linking to, visiting, and downloading off the sites. So Wikipedia is visited and linked to many, many times. Therefore Google has many, many "votes" for it, and it is thus ranked high.

Need evidence? Just check out my Forum Game on Googlebombing. You'll be convinced that the highest search isn't always the best search.

Completely off topic here, for which I apologise profusely, but I have to say:

Deathmath that is one hell of a sig! Your artist has done an excellent job there. :-)

That is what the private messaging system is for. ;)

But anyways, I really enjoyed working with this weeks articles. I like how there are the two articles based on totally different things, but intersect in a common theme. Its almost like the authors planned this before starting their articles. =P~

Heh, the things I never knew existed...! :wall:

I agree, I think this was a strong week and a good read. Shame everyone seems to be caught up in a Wikipedia flame war instead of commenting on the quality of articles. We all complained at the less popular ones, now there are good ones people complain about Wikipedia and it's (un)reliablity and ignore the articles?! Sheer brilliance...!

Completely off topic here, for which I apologise profusely, but I have to say:

Deathmath that is one hell of a sig! Your artist has done an excellent job there. :-)

That is what the private messaging system is for. ;)

But anyways, I really enjoyed working with this weeks articles. I like how there are the two articles based on totally different things, but intersect in a common theme. Its almost like the authors planned this before starting their articles. =P~

Heh, the things I never knew existed...! :wall:

I agree, I think this was a strong week and a good read. Shame everyone seems to be caught up in a Wikipedia flame war instead of commenting on the quality of articles. We all complained at the less popular ones, now there are good ones people complain about Wikipedia and it's (un)reliablity and ignore the articles?! Sheer brilliance...!

Haha, next time the articles should be horrid so there is more room for critique!/sarcasm

Just kidding, a horrid Times article is an oxymoron. /sucking up

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

On topic: if the highest weapon speed is 10, could someone tell me what the Abyssal Whip speed is? I thought this was quite an interesting read, I've always been curious about understanding how RSC worked.

Abyssal whip is 4, Godsword is 3, Dharok's Axe is 2, and I think that the fastest (darts) is 7.

according to wikia

abyssal whip's speed - 6 , so it attacks every 2.4 seconds (6 sec - 0,6xspeed)

GodSword - 4 , so it attacks every 3.6 seconds

Dharok's Axe - 3 , every 4.2 seconds

and the darts is indeed 7 , so it attacks every 1.8 seconds

Thanks, I was going by memory, and mine isn't the best. I only got one right; too bad.

Think of how much fun (and unbalanced) a weapon with a speed of 10 would be (server crashes due to an infinite loop, maybe?)

Cannon! You can see that it has the infinite ability, just that it does not have infinite targets/ammo.

You are awesome for putting "~Shadow" in your signature and not at the bottom of your posts

~Shadow

• 2 weeks later...

1st article: meh

2nd article:

Comparison with fatigue is minimal. You didn't get fatigue from walking.

And also, the idea that autoers will try to take advantage of "rest" is laughable, macroers have been for the most part removed, and creating a macro that will try to emulate when you need to rest is not something I think many people will take the time to program.

Third article: First time I've seen the word "government" crop up in fantasy fan fiction. And I thought in general tip it avoided writting over runescape history?