question: freemy diary [new question]

cowmaster187

i have a two part question in regard to the freemy diary

i have two tasks left

arctic pine pyre ship - have the logs i just need the bones and i know about the glitch ( i have gotten 2 pms so far about this so here is what i know) when it first came out only 1 pyre ship spot worked for the diary, it is the one near the trainer guy) they may have fixed it now but i am not gonna take any chances

and

mithril dragon - this scares me out of my mind tbh :wall: :oops: - im looking for the best armor, food, weapon, fighting style etc. - remember i only need to do one. once i accomplish it i am teleing

what is the best way to do these tasks

STATS:

legoman187.png

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

For the arctic pine pyre ship, just search/fight some skeletons until you get mangled bones (fastest way)

For the mithril dragon... When I did this part of the diary, I followed the guide on this site and did well. My setup (if i recall correctly) was Robin hat, karils top + bottom, snakeskin boots, fury, ring of life (cowardly me :oops: ), rune c bow with broad bolts, anti dragon shield, and barrows gloves. My stats were 80 def, 80 range, and 80 mage, and I utterly destroyed it, using one dose of a range pot and 1-3 sharks. Granted, I may have just been lucky :-# IMO, the mith drags are overrated in strength. Some people think that they can one hit you lol, its amazing :P . Just make sure you go prepared with food, ring of life (if you're scared like me :P ) and a one click tele, and you'll be fine ;)

Good luck

5c96fbd7db.png

java2009021518224462vn5.png

PROUD Owner of Quest cape since 12/25/08 99 Attack Achieved 6/5/09

Drops: Dragon Boots x5, Dragon Chainbody x1 (Dusties) Abyssal Whip x3, Abyssal Head x1

Best single TT Reward: Saradomin Platebody + Zammy Page 3

so you guys things i could kill it with range?

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Definitely, just keep your hp high and use your range pot and you'll be fine. You could also try using about 50-100 Diamond (e) bolts since their armor piercing special wouldn't hurt ;)

5c96fbd7db.png

java2009021518224462vn5.png

PROUD Owner of Quest cape since 12/25/08 99 Attack Achieved 6/5/09

Drops: Dragon Boots x5, Dragon Chainbody x1 (Dusties) Abyssal Whip x3, Abyssal Head x1

Best single TT Reward: Saradomin Platebody + Zammy Page 3

awesome thanks guys

if i die ill just blame my brother :lol:

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

~~~legoman187~~~

another question do you think blk d hide would be enough?

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

~~~legoman187~~~

i have a two part question in regard to the freemy diary

i have two tasks left

arctic pine pyre ship - have the logs i just need the bones and i know about the glitch ( i have gotten 2 pms so far about this so here is what i know) when it first came out only 1 pyre ship spot worked for the diary, it is the one near the trainer guy) they may have fixed it now but i am not gonna take any chances

and

mithril dragon - this scares me out of my mind tbh :wall: :oops: - im looking for the best armor, food, weapon, fighting style etc. - remember i only need to do one. once i accomplish it i am teleing

what is the best way to do these tasks

STATS:

legoman187.png

~~~legoman187~~~

I think I followed the arctic pyre ship directions carefully to make sure I did it in the "non-glitch spot" but I did use mangled bones for that task...reason being, I was scared to death of Mithril Dragons.

I followed a now-defunct guide on fighting Mithrils and did very well, though I was scared and truthfully, still get a little nervous, I know they're not impossible.

Simply take your best range boosting gear that you can and don't forget prayer potions (5), a ranging potion (1), and antifire potions (2). Great one-bite food, a home teleport tab (really important in my opinion), and if you're just killing one of them and have Ava's Accumulator, you'll only need 25 diamond (e) and 25 ruby (e) bolts (but take about a hundred of each if you're trying to kill more than one on a trip) with a rune crossbow and the anti-dragonfire shield. I had an Amulet of glory, Ring of wealth, snakeskin boots, black [bleep]y vambs, and black d'hide chaps and black d'hide armour. Get close to the dragon when shooting them and use that protect from melee prayer and don't forget that while you're using the ruby bolts, you don't necessarily want to try to keep your health at max. Switch from the ruby (e) bolts to the diamonds when you have one down to less than half health. Use your potions wisely, and the antifire one when you get through the waterfall to make the run through the brutal green dragons with your prayer on at that time and of course your antifire shield on at all times.

You should be able to kill one at almost any respectable level. It is a hard task, but I no longer think of them as impossible.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Ranging mith dragons are easy, just alternate between ruby and diamond bolts (e)

wear your best d-hide

snake or bark boots

archer's helm or neit

anti-dragon fire stuff

range and pray pots + food (monks or better)

about 1 dose of anti-fires and range pots per 2-3 dragons and watch your health, their magic attacks can be pretty damaging

i used to do this with my stats

[hide=Stats]0_yak.png[/hide]

[hide=ETC.]Click Here to view my YouTube Channel

Read my blog here

4kp7q0p.gif[/hide]