Single target ranged training

Zoov

I have 80 ranged, leveling up as fast as I can, I'd prefer loot. I was thinking slayer but that's sometimes melee. I am considering black dragons because I don't need potions. What do you think? Needs to be single target. Money is a bonus!

Thanks!

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.

Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

I'm not sure what you mean by single target... so not multi combat?

All dragons that drop leather are quite good, but training range with them is slow exp - however you will get good cash.

Aviansies are another excellent option for cash, and slightly better exp than dragons.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Many Slayer tasks are both range-able and melee-able. Sumona assigns some good Ranging tasks. If you get stuck with that, Aviansies would probably be your next best bet, followed by Black Dragons.

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

Many Slayer tasks are both range-able and melee-able. Sumona assigns some good Ranging tasks. If you get stuck with that, Aviansies would probably be your next best bet, followed by Black Dragons.

Agreed.

Fire Giants are okay too, Black demons are fine. Aviancies are good, but in multi-way combat area.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I don't consider aviansies multi target because I have an armadyl pendant.

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Zoov you seem cool. Giving slayer-range a chance.

Check out RobinHoodies guide (AOW) on Ranged slayer. Epic guide <3:

Now, for a list of things I have compiled..

Fire giants

Aviansies

Green dragons

Blue dragons

(85+) Black dragons

Slayer monsters

Tanking is really good too. Dont underestimate it.

Tank-ranging Turoths and Kurasks is the BEST way to finish those tasks unless your melee is MUCH higher than your ranged. Im thinking 10 levels? :)

You can easily tank range green dragons too. I always recommend 70 defence for ultimate tanking armour. But I think 60 could get you there lol.

The "loss" from maximum cash at green dragons isnt bad. You get kills faster on more crowded worlds since you hit before a Melee'r, and you would, thus, get more dhides and bones per hour.

EDIT: Chaeldar for simple ranging tasks. Sumona for cannon. Duradel for melee.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Fire giants are decent money.

Aviansies are great money and good xp.

Black Dragons are good and you get a chance at a visage.

But greatest of all would be slayer because you train more than one thing at once.

Low_C.png

With Diamond Bolts(e) Steel Dragons are decent, the experience isn't super but the drops can make up for that. I see you're leveling "as fast as possible" so this might not be for you, though this may make Slayer more appealing. For fastest experience that doesn't involve Chins or a Cannon I would take some Iron Knives to the Waterfall and kill some Fire Giants.

Ultra_Crabs.png

Well, I am always a fan of money. I've tried all of your methods now, I think I have found my favorite.

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Ranging aviansies and spending the profits on chinchompas blows any other possible range training methods out of the water

Agree 100%

However, if you wanted to train slayer because you wanted to train slayer it isn't that bad to range tasks, (look at robinhoodie's guide in the AoW.) Another option is tank ranging green dragons in the chaos tunnels, which gives surprisingly high ranged exp and good money, although is still not as efficient as aviansies for ranged exp.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again