any way 2 Play RS better on a 1.6ghz P4, with nvidia 6600 gt

jjjon123

Is there any tweaks I can do to make java/runescape run better on this pc? I can Play (on SD) but it takes a long time to load and its its sort of choppy (not unbearable thank goodness). I can skill but i find it too risky to even attempt any type of pk'in.

Any help?

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Someone will barge in and tell you to get more memory if you don't got atleast 1gb, but doesn't matter in this case.

Your cpu is too weak. And it's socket is outdated. You will basically have to get a whole new computer (6600gt was released in both pci-e and agp version, so unless it's pci-e you'll have to change it aswell).

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

A $200 netbook could run runescape. You could hook one up to your monitor and use a wireless keyboard and mouse.

Edit: scratch that, they wont have to ports necessary to hook up to a monitor.

Someone posted a gaming computer build that was around $350, you could try that if someone can dredge it up.

Someone will barge in and tell you to get more memory if you don't got atleast 1gb, but doesn't matter in this case.

Your cpu is too weak. And it's socket is outdated. You will basically have to get a whole new computer (6600gt was released in both pci-e and agp version, so unless it's pci-e you'll have to change it aswell).

not really true. My internet / chat computer can run RSHD on full details with 1 GB of RAM, a 1.8GHZ P4, and a ATI 3650 PRO AGP. If the game is lagging on SD, chances are your internet connection is having troubles or you have too many processes hogging system resources. Try speedtest.net and post the results, as well as a screencap of taskmanager sorted by CPU usage. Finally, you may want to get some more RAM (20 bucks should get you another 512MB, which is plenty for RS).

If you don't already have, download Process Explorer (it is like task manager times 10). If you can, open it when running runescape and see what is using up your cpu. nVidia 6 series cards have a major problem with some sound cards causing Deferred Procedure Calls to [bleep]e and make the game very choppy. I have a 6200 myself, and until I can replace my current onboard sound card I can not use sound at all. Oh yeah, if in task manager or Process Explorer you find that the PID 4 SYSTEM is [bleep]ing it is also caused by your sound card drivers and a nVidia conflict.

Process Explorer will also let you see threads and stacks to find an issue.

Is it agaist forum rules to post links to Proscess Explorer or threads pertaining to the issues that I described? The threads are on the sysinternals forum.

More information is needed.

Operating system (windows version)

Ram (dxdiag should tell you this)

Anti Virus

Web Browser

etc.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

not really true. My internet / chat computer can run RSHD on full details with 1 GB of RAM, a 1.8GHZ P4, and a ATI 3650 PRO AGP. If the game is lagging on SD, chances are your internet connection is having troubles or you have too many processes hogging system resources. Try speedtest.net and post the results, as well as a screencap of taskmanager sorted by CPU usage. Finally, you may want to get some more RAM (20 bucks should get you another 512MB, which is plenty for RS).

Well, that might be. I still maintain that a new computer would be in order (i'm not pushing the idea).

I suppose he could try with Chrome.

Well, that might be. I still maintain that a new computer would be in order (i'm not pushing the idea).

You people. Web browsers. Lag. I fail to see the correlation. Another web browser won't do anything.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Chrome itself uses alot less resources. It's just a [bleep]ing suggestion.

You people. Web browsers. Lag. I fail to see the correlation. Another web browser won't do anything.

But it does.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

I thought chrome couldn't run rs.

*suggests opera*

Windows XP pro SP3

Firefox 3.5

768 mb ram

AVG free anti-virus

-No other processes are using the cpu (in tsk manager java[Caution: Executable File] is using 90% cpu, firefox the other 10%)

- i am using no sound card (using the one built in to the mother board)

- and i have a 2.5+ mbs DSL

I will try opera and chrome to see if that helps

PS. actually i am only playing it on my VGC (Virtual Game Console [NES, SNES, gaming] ) computer until my mom finally lets me play on hers (now that she found out if she doesn't install java i wont be able to play RS) -.- which it works fine on...

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Get Process Explorer. Open it up. It is way better than Task Manager. It will show you if you are having Hardware Interrupts or deferred Procedure Call problems. If you are using the motherboard sound card with the motherboard manufacturers drivers you are probably getting PID 4 SYSTEM [bleep]es. If you are using Realtek ac97 drivers you are probably getting Deferred Procedure Call [bleep]es. Both of which are using up your cpu. Those are both known issues in just about every computer tech forum on the internet with nVidia 6 series video cards and onboard sound devices.

Its not my internet connection ;)

DSLSpeed.png

EDIT: Seems fine now, I found out that it runs the best on HD-Small. The only problem is when you teleport or come to a new area it loads slow. Thx for all the help :mrgreen:

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂