New Computer, Help me please!

MyBowsLethal

Rate my Customized computer, 1-10 maybe gimme some tips too :)

Intel 2 Quad 2.83 GHz/12 MB/1333FSB

Kington 4GB 1066MHz DDR2 Non-ECC

WD 500 G Hard Drive16m

LG 22xDVD Burner+/-RW.SATA oem Black

APower 860W ATX Tri-Fan Power Supply

Windows Vista Home Premium(i get a free upgrade to Windows 7 When it comes out)

AOC 2217/216v 22" wide screen LCD 5Ms DVI Black

Normal Case Fan 12V 80mm

Hardware Installation and System Test

Gigabyte S775 MotherBoard

Mouse and Keyboard Kit

GF9800GT 1G DDR3

I will use this computer for everything I do, Chatting,Gaming,Itunes.. Etc

Please rate this from 1-10, costs $1864 AUD

What sort of other games?

PS newegg.com is a US site on AU.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

So your getting a motherboard with onboard graphics? I dont exactly know what motherboard it is, but onboard graphics are generally worthless when it comes to games, so you might want to get a proper graphics card. For example, an ATI Radeon HD4870 is alot of bang for the buck.

Also, an 860 watt PSU is major overkill in this system, even with a good graphics card 500 ish is plenty.

The rest looks pretty good, though you could look into getting an AMD Phenom II system instead.

darksigjd4.jpg

[Ellhound JR][Combat [bleep]][138][200M Attack XP][134/200M Hitpoints XP][250+ jad kills][ <!-- m -->http://www.ellhound.com<!-- m -->]

Geforce 9550? I never heard of that..did you mean by 9500?

if you do, i think that graphic card is way too weak to play any good games.... and it's like a waste of money to use it with that Quad core CPU. I'd say go for a GTX 260 at least for that CPU, if you want to play many of the latest games(I suppose that's your intention?), Or if you are really short on budget, you can go with a 9800GTX, but its just not a smart idea to spend so much money on a CPU and spend so little on the GPU....since the overall result will suck.

Btw, i love the match of a E8400 CPU with a GTX 260 or 9800GTX video card. It's like the best combo lol. Many of my friends get the best result with the lowest cost with those two. Since that E8400 can easily go to 3.6Ghz with proper cooling, and those cards are good enough to handle anything that CPU can handle.

Also go for more RAM if possible, since they are not that expensive anyway, 4GB is getting kinda short i think, since i'm using all of my 3GB of RAM playing GTA IV or FSX, or any game that require lots of computing power. So just go get a 8GB set, if not then a 6GB, however it's no big deal if you run out of budget. That video card you got there is a much bigger problem lol...

also, the PC will boot up much faster with a 32MB cache hard drive, (About 3 mins faster for me loading XP, from a 8MB to a 16MB cache, i expect the samething happen from 16 to 32 lol)

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

Here is a few tips:

1. Don't skimp on your power supply. Bad ones tend to break, and when a PSU breaks it tends to fry the rest of the computer with it. I have never heard of Apower before, but the best power supply brands include Antec, PC power and Cooling, Corsair, Thermaltake, and several others. Additionally an 860 watt power supply is overkill for a build like yours - a good 600 watt unit from one of the above companies will have plenty of power to spare.

2. I would either wait for Core i5 to come out (which should be in just a few months) or go for a core i7 based platform. Based on the USD to AUD conversion ratio, with a 1500 USD budget a core I7 should fit nicley into your plans.

If you want a complete parts list for a good computer that would fit within your budget, look here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/core-i7-sff,2312.html

with the monitor it should come to just about exactly your limit, and the computer above would be significantly faster then the one you listed. The only thing you may want to change would be to use a larger case - the above article profiled a small form factor PC, but the parts listed would run cooler in a regular tower case.

I'd rather not wait for the i5..... i5 is only Duo core and it has a graphic die inside of it. I think it might actually cause it to use more power and create more heat....however i might be wrong. I'm just looking forward to the 32nm i7....

i didn't see his budget before....

Just go for the 45nm i7. For $1500, you can get a i7 920, and overclock it to 3.6Ghz, get 8GB of DDR3 ram, and a nice Gigabyte X58 motherboard, and also a nice cooler for that CPU, (ex. cooler master v8), with a GTX 285 video card, and a 750W PSU should do it to power all of those. Get one from Antec, since i trust their quality and have many of them myself. That config should let you handle 95% of the games out there.

But again, all depends on your budget...

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

^i5 comes in dual/quad.

i5 or P2 is enough for all what you've stated. If you want to blow money on a i7, sure, but i'd spend the money on a better graphics card instead.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé