Constant High CPU Usage...

Mio

For some reason ever since I installed 'The Sims 3' Onto my computer i've have constant High CPU Usage; I've removed 'Sims 3' from my Computer since but im still getting High Cpu...

Any Suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks.

dzuz3d.jpg

Bring your taskmanager up - cpu, and see which program is hogging.

Either tell us the program or take a screenshot of it.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Which is why you should look at the task manager. Applications or windows aren't the only thing that take up resources. You can open this by pressing ctrl+alt+delete at the same time and then selecting task manager. Alternatively, I believe you can right click the task bar in the bottom of the screen.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Hmm, Looking at the processes in the Task manager, Java[Caution: Executable File] is at 50-70 CPU all the time, Could this be the problem with the CPU Usage?

If so how could this be fixed? Gettign the latest version of Java maybe?

Java[Caution: Executable File] Is the problem.

How could it be fixed?

dzuz3d.jpg

Hmm, Looking at the processes in the Task manager, Java[Caution: Executable File] is at 50-70 CPU all the time, Could this be the problem with the CPU Usage?

If so how could this be fixed? Gettign the latest version of Java maybe?

Java[Caution: Executable File] Is the problem.

How could it be fixed?

Java's a CPU-intensive process. You could kill the process and everything will run smoother.

There's nothing really wrong here as far as I can tell. Java[Caution: Executable File] is a remnant of the program.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Hmm, Killing the process makes Jave based games not work, Until they are reloaded, then Java[Caution: Executable File] returns... So i supose this is a thing Im going to have to live with?

(Btw the High CPU is making my computer very loud, Its only started getting loud since I instaleld Teh Sims 3 Into my computer (I've Unintsalled since))

dzuz3d.jpg

Nope.

At the moment I havent loaded up any Java Based/Installed Games from my computer, It is quiet.

But after I have loaded one up once it will carry on being very load for the rest of the evening even when Theres nothing loaded up and I've left my computer for about a hour.

dzuz3d.jpg

Nope.

At the moment I havent loaded up any Java Based/Installed Games from my computer, It is quiet.

But after I have loaded one up once it will carry on being very load for the rest of the evening even when Theres nothing loaded up and I've left my computer for about a hour.

Yeah it does that to me too. When I close Runescape, I have to kill java[Caution: Executable File] or my computer won't do anything. (1.1ghz processor)

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

Nope.

Yeah it does that to me too. When I close Runescape, I have to kill java[Caution: Executable File] or my computer won't do anything. (1.1ghz processor)

Java does that to me as well. You just have to kill the program.

I suspect it is just this version of Java that is the problem. :-k

It Auto-Kills itself, But then im stuck with a loud noise coming from a fan inside my computer... Which is annoying and have to mask with loud music. :l

Anybody know how to stop the loud fan noise? (sometimes leaving my computer for a hour dont even help it calm down, With nothing open)

dzuz3d.jpg

For the noise, looks like it's heating pretty much. You could have a look to see if there's a lot of dust in the fan, could be the cause of the CPU not cooling itself off after you stop the CPU intensive activities.

@ laura0077: My computer is roughly under 2 years old.

@ sbrideau2000: That could be it.. Ill open it up soon and give it a good clean and reply back to say if there is any difference.

dzuz3d.jpg

If you're going to clean it, the best way is with a can of air or a special vacuum. You don't want any static electricity, since it can fry the parts.