Official Aion thread (Visions update)

Nadril

even though I've since quit Aion something today popped up that may just get me to resub when it comes out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PAM0wr7cZ8

Essentially the idea is that apparently NCSoft is fully reworking Aion.

* Major Graphics Overhaul: DX10 included

* Player Housing

* Combat Revamp: The game will play out more like an action game (think Blade & Soul)

* Weather System Revamp

* Swimming

* Under Water Environments: Players will be able to explore new under water cities, dungeons, and quest hubs

* User Generated Content Expanded: Players will be able to post writs on boards through out the world.

* Quest System revamp: Many, many, many more quests and story-line quests are being added

* New Classes (Supposedly, according to the Korean forums)

* 2 new weapon types: Whip & Crossbow

* New Skills for every class

* New Zones

* New Monster and NPC AI Revamp

* Mounts: You can tame your own mount out of various creatures in Atreia, one of which is a Chocobo-Esque bird, you also will be able to ride with 2 people on some mounts!

* Revamped Sieges

This is a list of what is currently translated from the Korean forums. I have to say that there is a lot here that, if implemented, would really change my opinion of the game. A combat revamp, more quests and user generated quests would really help the general feel and leveling of the game. Revamped sieges are great, new zones are always great (especially if there is more PvP active zones to go to).

So even though I went into the video with some pretty big angst against NCSoft right now this stuff is... promising. If they do this and take care of the bot issue than Aion may have more of a chance here in the west than we originally thought.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was never disappointed with Aion, more as I could just never get into it. I think if they give it more action to make up for the lack of a story, I would be willing to retry it.

For me it was the large lack of quests, the seemingly immobile combat system and lack of decent PvP stuff to do other than forts. From the looks of this it solves the quest issue, it solves the combat issue by making it more action oriented and I'm going to assume that there is more PvP stuff going on as well. At the end there it looked like you could actually siege other players (or clan?) villages.

Reading around a bit I've heard that this is all stuff that is currently on the Korean PTS, so none of it would be pre-rendered then. I've heard another claim that they are around ~80% done with it already, which might mean that it'd come out early next year sometime. At any rate I'm going to keep a close eye on this and I'll be sure to keep everyone updated.

If they do release a new class I'll probably play that if I return (have to buy the game again, lol) but if not I'll prob do sorc or something =P.

If they do release a new class I'll probably play that if I return (have to buy the game again, lol) but if not I'll prob do sorc or something =P.

Why do you have to buy the game again? Why not just reactivate your account?

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Sold eet. ;O

Sounds interesting. I might come back too, WoW's loosing its grip upon my mind. ;D

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Sold eet. ;O

Sounds interesting. I might come back too, WoW's loosing its grip upon my mind. ;D

^ That. Sold it a few weeks ago.