Official Aion thread (Visions update)

Nadril

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goddammit.

Why is the quest <Allies Among Enemies> so nyerking hard?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Lol.

Allies Among Enemies is the easiest of the group morheim campaign quests. Have fun with A lost Daeva and Hold The Front Line.

I might just think it's hard because my group is full of idiots. Not to mention another group nyerked us by accidentally pulling pats.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Dinged 42 today and got about half way to 43. Once I hit 43 I can get my yellow weapon ^_^.

Also made it to the last boss in Steel Rake before getting demolished by him. He spawns waves of adds really quick and you have to just burst dps them down and keep dpsing the boss.

Hmph.

Finally about to begin the last Morheim quest. I just know that the quest is nuts because all the mobs. My legion is decking out in all the potions and buffs we can get. A small group of about 8 of us downed King Consierd also. That boss is [bleep]ing nuts. He's fairly easy for the first 75% except for that annoying long-range AoE. After that, he starts spamming AoEs and keeps breaking aggro after both AoEs. He's probably the first serious world boss. Pff, Zugog and Kromede are easy enough as it is.

Hmph.

Finally about to begin the last Morheim quest. I just know that the quest is nuts because all the mobs. My legion is decking out in all the potions and buffs we can get. A small group of about 8 of us downed King Consierd also. That boss is [bleep]ing nuts. He's fairly easy for the first 75% except for that annoying long-range AoE. After that, he starts spamming AoEs and keeps breaking aggro after both AoEs. He's probably the first serious world boss. Pff, Zugog and Kromede are easy enough as it is.

My legion hasn't downed Consierd, we tried once when we were all in our low 30's and haven't been back since. Killed some boss in top abyss yesterday alongside of Masto the Ancient in Belusian, who is a lvl 42 boss. Masto is fairly easy as well except that every 25% he puts a 1m sleep on everyone and near the end aoes and breaks agro a lot.

Aion0010.jpg

Stretchy dagger?

Oh, and you failed to enchant your sword :P That being said, I haven't found a group to go do mistmanes with in 3 DAYS.

Yeah I've put it on hold as well. It simply requires way too much from the player's time to level in the game. Also, you need someone to level together with in order to stomach the quests. It's a pretty game but too much anime for my taste and quite bad quest-structure. I only got to level 16 though, so the quests might pick up later in the game, but getting there is far beyond my willpower and the amount of time I'm willing to invest on a game.

2009rb9.jpg

Yeah I've put it on hold as well. It simply requires way too much from the player's time to level in the game. Also, you need someone to level together with in order to stomach the quests. It's a pretty game but too much anime for my taste and quite bad quest-structure. I only got to level 16 though, so the quests might pick up later in the game, but getting there is far beyond my willpower and the amount of time I'm willing to invest on a game.

They don't pick up, you're at a part still where quests are plentiful. That's the biggest issue I have with the game, the leveling is just sort of boring. It makes up for it with nice content in other areas, but still.

Ya I am letting my account run out too. Excellent game and game play, and the grinding isn't that bad, but its the group structure of the game that doesn't fit. I can understand group quests at maybe 40, but 20 is just too much. Not to mention that the story is a bit bland.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Sorry to hear that guys. Like I said before I can overlook a lot of the negative points because:

- The PvP is awesome

- I've been playing MMOs for a long time now, so I'm no stranger to "the grind".

I tried to get out the message as best as possible about the grind, sadly the tricky thing with writing up about betas is that with a limited level cap its hard to see what will come for the future. Hopefully you guy's don't regret buying it too much, I always feel bad if I end up persuading someone to buy a game they don't like, because it's not really my intention.

On a lighter note I've been leveling weaponsmithing these past few days when not leveling with my group. 345 weaponsmithing currently, I've spent 2.1 mil on it so far (got mats to make it to 399). Then it'll be time for the really hard Expert quest.

Also dinged 44, I've got all blue and higher gear now with the exception of my helmet/earing. Have two of my big stigmas for 45 as well (Throw Shruiken and Shadow Walk).

Sorry to hear that guys. Like I said before I can overlook a lot of the negative points because:

- The PvP is awesome

- I've been playing MMOs for a long time now, so I'm no stranger to "the grind".

I tried to get out the message as best as possible about the grind, sadly the tricky thing with writing up about betas is that with a limited level cap its hard to see what will come for the future. Hopefully you guy's don't regret buying it too much, I always feel bad if I end up persuading someone to buy a game they don't like, because it's not really my intention.

Don't worry about it. I think it was an Aion thread on SA that initially got me interested anyway, and I did like playing it during the CBE and OBE. It's a game I'd definitely be willing to pick up again if I had a few RL friends I could level with, since that's what I did during the CBE and it was great. At the moment I'm sort of considering going back to WoW for a bit and see how I like it now. A classmate and his girlfriend are interested as well. Just start fresh on a new server or something. Since I'll buy a new laptop next week that will actually run WoW I won't have to sit by the stationary computer and the godawful table it stands on. Damn thing is doing quite well in ruining my back and knees.

2009rb9.jpg

http://na.aiononline.com/board/notices/view?articleID=139&page=

Its been a month now since Aion opened its doors to players in North America and Europe. In that month, the growth of the game's community has signaled Aion's success. We've received an amazing amount of feedback, both positive and negative. We'd like to reiterate that we've been listening. We have been working around the clock toward solutions to the problems many of you have experienced.

You've told us that it's difficult to advance within certain level ranges. To address this issue, we're planning to raise quest experience, in addition to reevaluating the experience rewards characters gain for individual kills. We understand how frustrating it can be to repetitively kill enemies. Our goal is to limit the need to mindlessly "grind."

In this week's Eye on Community, we answered a question that a player had about client instability. In the reply, we noted that most of the claims stem from the infamous "Crysystem.dll error." We've been working with members of the community to identify the cause of the problem in order to find a permanent solution. Our development team is currently investigating, and will be testing a variety of different short- and long-term solutions. These include adding additional and improved display options to the Aion client, as well as system and memory optimizations.

We've heard your unhappiness about the chat spam and bots in Aion and recognize it as an annoying problem. Weve taken measures to reduce the amount of chat spam youll be subjected to and have already seen substantial improvements in this area. We've been expanding our GM customer service staff, and we have also assembled a special team dedicated to hunting down and eliminating botting operations. It's obvious these activities erode your gameplay experience far too much to be acceptable. They also harm us from a business standpoint due to the RMT organizations' frequent use of stolen credit cards.

Many of you have asked us why we haven't spent more time communicating the specifics of our plans. The unfortunate truth is that the same people spamming chat channels and setting up bots are also reading our announcements. In order to keep the enemy in the dark, we cannot be too vocal about our plans to fight back.

We want you to know, though, that we're more dedicated than ever to eliminate chat spam and the use of bots. The good news is that you can help. If you see any suspicious player activity, report it. To quickly report these players, use the /AutoReportHunting feature by typing /AutoReportHunting while a suspicious character is targeted. It's important to note that this system will actually begin to penalize players after they've been reported multiple times. The more of you that use this systemthe more effective it will become.

To add more specificity to what we're discussing here, early next week we're going to be releasing details about a game update that will go into further detail about how well be fixing some of these issues, in addition to others.

Its been an exciting month, and the future of Aion is full of promise. Please continue to send us your feedback and never forget that patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.

-The Aion Community Team

For you guys who didn't really like the leveling aspect I would deffinitly keep an eye on things. NCSoft has been known to make leveling drastically faster in their games, Lineage II is a great example of this. Lineage II from C1 to C3 got drastically faster and then got a lot faster more recently with Gracia II. I've no doubt that they will increase the XP overall by a good amount.

Eye on... Aion... shameless pun really >_>

I can't be bothered to play Aion much lately, job's been eating at my time, along with other stuff. I'll hit 50 eventually anyway, so what's the rush? :P

399 Weaponsmithing and got part 1 of 2 done for my [Expert] (400+) quest. The issue now is what it is going to take to do this next one:

Durable Orichalcum Sword

-30 Orichalcum Rod = 334,000

-51 Orichalcum Nail = 167,280

-6 Premium Weapon Flux = 480,000

-78 Aether = 78,000

TOTAL COST= 1,059,480

CRAFT RESULT PROC = Noble Durable Orichalcum Sword

Worthy Durable Orichalcum Sword

-Noble Durable orichalcum sword

-6 Worthy Premium Weapon Flux = 2,700,000

-17 High-Grade Aether = 142,800

-25 High-Grade Orichalcum Ore = 207,500

TOTAL COST= 3,050,300

CRAFT RESULT PROC = Worthy Noble Durable Orichalcum Sword

So I need to proc the 1st one (costs 1m per attempt) and then use that proc in the second one in order to get that one to hopefully proc (3m per attempt).

Yikes.

Anyone who plays on Vasil, add me - Fearless

If you're Elyos of course ;)

21233608.png

in new york, concrete jungle where dreams are made of

theres nothing you cant do, now youre in new york

these streets will make you feel brand new

big lights will inspire you, lets here it for new york

399 Weaponsmithing and got part 1 of 2 done for my [Expert] (400+) quest. The issue now is what it is going to take to do this next one:

Durable Orichalcum Sword

-30 Orichalcum Rod = 334,000

-51 Orichalcum Nail = 167,280

-6 Premium Weapon Flux = 480,000

-78 Aether = 78,000

TOTAL COST= 1,059,480

CRAFT RESULT PROC = Noble Durable Orichalcum Sword

Worthy Durable Orichalcum Sword

-Noble Durable orichalcum sword

-6 Worthy Premium Weapon Flux = 2,700,000

-17 High-Grade Aether = 142,800

-25 High-Grade Orichalcum Ore = 207,500

TOTAL COST= 3,050,300

CRAFT RESULT PROC = Worthy Noble Durable Orichalcum Sword

So I need to proc the 1st one (costs 1m per attempt) and then use that proc in the second one in order to get that one to hopefully proc (3m per attempt).

Yikes.

O_O...

Just wow. Oh, and don't think you'll get a dual-proc on the first sword either, it's like a 1in4 or 1in5 chance of procing on any recipe. Expect to make 25 swords as a maximum >_>

Yeah, it's nuts. I'm getting aether gathering up now to hopefully have a good influx of cash. I've also been making money from stupid people who put up the level 45 Expert Major Weapon Flux's for the lvl 35 price.

Yeah, it's bad though, I'm approaching 399 Tailoring right now, and I'd rather not hazard a guess as to the resources I'll need >_>

So im thinking of playing Aion so what's the monthly fee? is it worth the money? are there pre paid cards? and most importantly hows the gameplay?

Here.

You might want to read the first post.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!