Official Aion thread (Visions update)

Nadril

Good read, I'm rolling a sorcerer on launch and for some quests it's awesome since you can sleep, root, then run out of range for some collection quests, and we kill at the speed of light.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good read, I'm rolling a sorcerer on launch and for some quests it's awesome since you can sleep, root, then run out of range for some collection quests, and we kill at the speed of light.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

• 3 weeks later...

Gimme Gimme Gimme.

That sword's for the last Morheim Campaign quest, correct?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I'm going to buy this game once I got the time to play. I'll join you guys then (the ones on a European server) :)

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Since my latest posts got deleted and i didnt see if anyone replied:

I'm currently playing on [ENG]Kalil (EU) as a Level 10 sorceror, if you wanna level or something hit me up, my ingame name is Baguette (Don't ask).

I'm wondering about some of the grouping stuff. When do we start getting some decent group quests, and when are the first instances? What's the pvp like both small groups and huge raids?

Tah :)

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Since my latest posts got deleted and i didnt see if anyone replied:

I'm currently playing on [ENG]Kalil (EU) as a Level 10 sorceror, if you wanna level or something hit me up, my ingame name is Baguette (Don't ask).

I'm wondering about some of the grouping stuff. When do we start getting some decent group quests, and when are the first instances? What's the pvp like both small groups and huge raids?

Tah :)

When do we start getting some decent group quests

Level 17.

and when are the first instances?

Level 25 in the abyss, doable once a day. Not sure if you're elyos or asmodian but asmodians can get to fire temple at 30 (30 min lockout) and Elyos can get there a bit later.

What's the pvp like both small groups

Usually small group PvP is roaming around as a small gank squad. A lot of kills might be sort of easy ones as your goal is to really maximize your ap gain and minimize deaths (ap loss). Almost always though if you hover in the same spot in the abyss you'll meet resistance (generally a group banding up and zerging you, which is fun to fight) and you might get the same bit from doing a rift as a small group.

and huge raids?

Large scale PvP is usually for fortress sieges or giant rift parties, it's not really worth doing a huge raid for a gank squad. In fortress sieges it's pretty tactical, since you don't want to leave your squishies undefended and you don't want some classes to over extend (which would make them easy for an assassin or glad to pick off). Each class seems to have their own purpose in a large scale fight , with some who are adept at the air, some adept at land. In general the ranged classes, such as Ranger and Sorc, are most adept at the air. To balance this at higher levels SM's are great "anti-air" type of classes due to their wing clip ability, which will lower a chunk of flight time off of the enemy. You have your ground DPS such as the assassin/Gladiator who's goal is to kill those who overextend or those who the templar pulls. Obviously you have your healer, the cleric, who is a big target to protect. The chanter sort of winds up in the middle of a lot of roles, and is a hugely important character due to having a lot of incredible buffs. Finally you obviously have the tank, templar, who's main goal is to pull targets in for burst. (Think : Death Grip).

It can get a little laggy at times, but nothing compared to the lag of WoW wintergrasp (where the servers just [cabbage] themselves) or WAR sieges. Most of it is just CPU lag, and I even run pretty modest in a huge fight (with 150-200 people on screen) with my laptop. Obviously there is only so much you can do, and I'm sure I could probably up my FPS in mass combat by turning down some settings.

There deffinitly is a time and place for small group/raid pvp though, like I said. You can do small group PvP in sieges too, which for the most part involves cutting off reinforcements (the cost to port to a fort in siege is high, so many try and fly there instead) and even ganking people who over extend from their group and the main battle.

Aion0001-1.jpg

I am one lucky mother [bleep]er.

Departed Chain isn't worth all that much anymore, still like a nice 350-400k though on my server. I got the yellow leather gloves a bit back and sold them for 450k.

How long would it take for someone who has never played a game like this to get used to it?

:S

edit:

Why isnt your website in your sig, Nads?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

How long would it take for someone who has never played a game like this to get used to it?

edit:

I dunno, MMOs aren't that hard to "get".

And my website is in my sig, what are you talking about Ray?

Not bad for a few Temple runs.

<< Has run FT at least 10-15 times and I've only seen one yellow (the mace) drop.

edit:

I dunno, MMOs aren't that hard to "get".

And my website is in my sig, what are you talking about Ray?

Right.

Err, the online-aion website. I just scrolled over your whole sig and didnt see a link to it.

Not talking bout the obvious one.

O and dont decline me :D

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I could say this much: The ranger class is pretty good, but you really have it bad until you hit level 19 or 16, when you get decent ranged skills.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

level 22 now.

two of my friends got blanket banned yesterday, because they changed the aion.bin to aion[Caution: Executable File] so they could create SLI profiles for their Nvidia cards. GG NCsoft.

Messing with the game files is kind of risky in the first place. That being said just have them talk to support about it (I'm sure it'll be swarmed though). On the bright side NVIDIA released new drivers with SLI support for Aion.

Level 39 now, about 4 bars into it. 36 million TNL for me, haha.

And on another note I assume you all heard about the mass bannings yesterday/today. I've got to say that even though there are still a bunch of spammers a lot of the bots I've seen around aren't there anymore. Even just today a number of the bots that hang out ended up disapearing by tonight after we reported them. Pretty happy that NCSoft is starting to take a good hard stance on them. With luck they'll have a good spam filter in place as well which will reduce tells a lot. (that being said I'm getting gold farming tells a lot less now, even though there are a few who just spam the LFG channel non-stop. If you mute them though it stops for a good while.