Official Aion thread (Visions update)

Nadril

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are right, they did add 6 man instances.

reading up on it though, it looks as though every "raid" boss is outdoors. there are no instanced raids to date. in other words, it looks as though all of the raid bosses will be pvpve...as in factions competing against both each other and npcs to take over fortresses

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

Ya this thread is fine. No need for a brand new one.

But it's full of Noob :lol:

Err..

On a sophistication level, what do you guys think will be easiest -> hardest to learn well?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

hmm, tough question. I would say on a scale from easiest to hardest to play their role effectively:

Gladiator > Sorcerer > Templar > Ranger > Cleric > Assassin > Chanter > Spiritmaster

I would prefer it to be in clumps a bit though, like:

Gladiator, Sorcerer, Templar > Ranger > Cleric, Assassin, Chanter > Spiritmaster

Gladiator/Sorc/Templar all don't seem to be crazy difficult in PvP. Glad and temp have heavy armor which helps a lot, and the sorc has some great burst damage at a range. Likewise the ranger just needs to know to kite really well.

The Cleric and chanter both have a difficult role healing, especially with a lot of damage going around. A good chanter is going to have to know how to switch roles quickly and efficiently between DPS, Heals and short duration buffs. The assassin really needs to know his class an the enemy class for any case where he doesn't get the jump on someone.

The spiritmaster is all about C/C, so you need to know how to use it to your advantage.

Perfect.. Ranger around middle. Great starting for me. Not too easy, not too hard.

Ranger, Templar and Assasin are my 3 ideas really. I'd like Assassin, but it seems a little complex.

• 2 weeks later...

Closed Beta 6 was excellent, from what I played of it. I decided to go Elyos mage for my first character and got to around 14. The quests were fun, combat was fun, the game is beautiful; it looks like it'll be a great game. Unfortunately I was only able to play on Friday because I've been away Saturday and Sunday, I wish I could've done alot more. Can't wait for open beta though.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

I missed pretty much all of CB6 except for this Monday morning, sadly. The internet in my new apartment wasn't on until today. Still I got the chance to get some duels in with my 19 assassin versus my roomates 19 sorc. We were going pretty even for a while and then he got a pretty good idea that ended up working well. I might have been able to figure out how to deal with it but we ended up just playing some TF2.

There was plenty of decisions to make though even in a fight at 19, I honestly was very impressed. Coming from other recent games where in low level PvP it revolves around me spamming a couple of buttons was, well, refreshing. I mean even at level 19 we had fake casts going on (My roomate actually fake casted a few of his ice spells, which is a snare, against my focused evasion [makes me dodge/resist the next attack] making me waste it) and there was just a lot involved.

How is Aion in beta? It's been out properly in Korea for a year or something now.. I think they're teasing us.

I saw an ad in a Game store near my school.. I was skipping a lesson..

Anyway, there's alot of stuff you get from preorder... XP talisman, stat boosting hat, 48 hours prior to complete server open...

How is Aion in beta? It's been out properly in Korea for a year or something now.. I think they're teasing us.

I saw an ad in a Game store near my school.. I was skipping a lesson..

Anyway, there's alot of stuff you get from preorder... XP talisman, stat boosting hat, 48 hours prior to complete server open...

The "beta" status in the west is for a couple of reasons.

•  
    -Testing the localized text and speech, making sure no errors in that.

- Stress testing servers. This is the biggest reason, they need to make sure their servers are up to speed for when the game launches here.

So I've been looking at this more and I REALLY WANT TO PLAY THIS RIGHT NOW AND CANCEL MY WOW SUBSCRIPTION!

Questions:

1. Can I download the client now and if so, where from?

2. Are there any open BETAs I can get into to give me a taste of it?

3. What servers and factions are the EU guys here planning to playing on? It'd be nice if TIF-EU could stay together so it doesn't end up like WoW with us all on different servers and such.

4. I heard that subscription is different, like you buy 100 hours of play time for $15 or something for 3 months and if you only play 66 hours you pay $10? Can anyone shed light on this?

5. Is it worth it to pre-order now?

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

4. I heard that subscription is different, like you buy 100 hours of play time for $15 or something for 3 months and if you only play 66 hours you pay $10? Can anyone shed light on this?

That is probably the Asian servers. I know WoW did something similar where they charged for hourly time cards and not per month time cards. America and Europe probably will work on 15ish dollars a month.

Probably is. Not for the reason that it will be sold out, but for the reason that you get good stuff with the Collectors edition.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

That is probably the Asian servers. I know WoW did something similar where they charged for hourly time cards and not per month time cards. America and Europe probably will work on 15ish dollars a month.

Probably is. Not for the reason that it will be sold out, but for the reason that you get good stuff with the Collectors edition.

Ah ok, I was just wondering if I could save myself a buck.

Does the Collector's Edition cost more or anything either?

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Ah ok, I was just wondering if I could save myself a buck.

Does the Collector's Edition cost more or anything either?

The CE costs about 30eur ($42) more, and you get:

16.5cm hand-painted figurine of the powerful Aiva.

Exclusive in-game items.

Official Aion soundtrack.

Asmodian A2 poster with Elysian map on back

Elyos A2 Poster with Asmodaen map on back

Trial Code

Exclusive Digital items: Elyos or Asmodian Special Wing Set, Earring , Exclusive colour dye, 2 Exclusive Emotes, Exclusive Title

The normal one (if you pre-order) gives you:

Access to all available Aion Beta weekends

Access to Server and Character pre-selection

Access to Headstart

Exclusive digital items including:

o Talisman of Lodas (1 hour XP + 20%)

o Dark Cloud Hat (Attribute booster)

o Ancient Ring Earth effect

I don't know yet if I'll keep my pre-order. It's pretty much dependent on whether any of my friends will play as well, since leveling by yourself is hella boring. Also depends somewhat on the goon EU turn-out.

2009rb9.jpg

1. Can I download the client now and if so, where from?

You can probably find a download from like fileplanet or something.

2. Are there any open BETAs I can get into to give me a taste of it?

There should be an open beta soon, although I'm unsure of how "open" it is. I.E I don't know if it'll be open for everyone or if it'll be like a fileplanet thing or something.

3. What servers and factions are the EU guys here planning to playing on? It'd be nice if TIF-EU could stay together so it doesn't end up like WoW with us all on different servers and such.

I can't answer that since I'm not EU (: . That does remind me though that I will post what server we will be playing on once my legion decides for all of the US TIF guys who want to play together.

That's for the eastern version.

Yes! You get some nice pre-order bonuses and you get a garenteed acceptance into the rest of the betas (which at this time is just open beta).

Thanks Nad, I mean I've been everywhere like all the Aion fansites, well some, and such looking for where to download but haven't found anywhere yet but I'll look some more.

And who ARE the EU players here who are going to play, so we can decide to play together. I don't want to start a character, get to level 20 then find out that all of you are having fun on the other server on the other faction. :wall:

And also do you know how many more BETAs there will be by the way?

EDIT: http://www.aionglobal.com/download-aion-client.html

Safe? Looks like it as these guys are on the aiononline.com Fansite list but I want to be sure. :)

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Thanks Nad, I mean I've been everywhere like all the Aion fansites, well some, and such looking for where to download but haven't found anywhere yet but I'll look some more.

And who ARE the EU players here who are going to play, so we can decide to play together. I don't want to start a character, get to level 20 then find out that all of you are having fun on the other server on the other faction. :wall:

And also do you know how many more BETAs there will be by the way?

Two open betas, I believe. Unsure of their dates.

Here's where I downloaded mine: http://aion.patcher.ncsoft.com/liteinstaller/aion[Caution: Executable File]

Also, like I said earlier, I am EU and I've pre-ordered already. Will be playing Elyos with the EU goons, but we haven't settled on a server yet.

The Open Beta dates haven't been announced yet either, as seen here: http://kindred.aion.tv/status/

2009rb9.jpg

Ah thanks Azvareth, who are the goons by the way? As you know I play WoW at the moment so any back history would be awesome and since I was thinking of Elyos that would be awesome for me, I'm going to download it now so my computer doesn't explode overnight.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Ah thanks Azvareth, who are the goons by the way? As you know I play WoW at the moment so any back history would be awesome and since I was thinking of Elyos that would be awesome for me, I'm going to download it now so my computer doesn't explode overnight.

SomethingAwful forum members. :P Goons in MMOs go pretty far back (there is, or has been, a goon guild in basically ever MMO made - even Runescape. The Goonfleet's influence in EVE Online is apparently huge). To get an idea of what they're like check out the

raid-encounter videos, where they talk about everything except the actual encounters. The guilds are usually known for being hated in most MMOs they play since they troll and make fun of everyone not in the guild. Really great guilds to be a part of though as they're very nice and helpful to people in it, they also have a knack for advancing fast in MMOs, and the guild chat is never dead (at least wasn't in WoW). There are guilds at the aiononline forums that'll roll Asmo just so they can kill us. And the game hasn't even hit open beta yet. Tres fun!

2009rb9.jpg

Haha that's awesome. Oh well, I'll probably roll on your server anyway so we can chillax and stuff but it certainly seems like a fun guild to be a part of! I've seen these guys before elsewhere too and they are hilarious.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

SomethingAwful forum members. :P Goons in MMOs go pretty far back (there is, or has been, a goon guild in basically ever MMO made - even Runescape. The Goonfleet's influence in EVE Online is apparently huge). To get an idea of what they're like check out the

raid-encounter videos, where they talk about everything except the actual encounters. The guilds are usually known for being hated in most MMOs they play since they troll and make fun of everyone not in the guild. Really great guilds to be a part of though as they're very nice and helpful to people in it, they also have a knack for advancing fast in MMOs, and the guild chat is never dead (at least wasn't in WoW). There are guilds at the aiononline forums that'll roll Asmo just so they can kill us. And the game hasn't even hit open beta yet. Tres fun!

You have to pay to be part of the guild and forums though, right :(

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!