Official Aion thread (Visions update)

Nadril

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Characters will be wiped going closed to open beta and then open beta to retail launch, normal practice. :)

The good thing is I feel like I could probably knock out these 21 levels pretty quick if I sit down and focus on it when the game launches. It was well worth getting up to lvl 21 (i'll prob try for 22 as I'm getting close tonight... I get some awesome skills) so that I could get a pretty good taste of PvP. Of course I just scratched the surface, didn't even make it into the Abyss this event.

When does Aion actually get interesting?

What level? Clans etc?

And how long does it generally take (or did it take for you) to get to the level to make the game more interesting?

Note: I'm not saying it's not interesting, it really is, but I dont want to play a game that takes ages to get decent and less repetitive.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

When does Aion actually get interesting?

What level? Clans etc?

And how long does it generally take (or did it take for you) to get to the level to make the game more interesting?

Note: I'm not saying it's not interesting, it really is, but I dont want to play a game that takes ages to get decent and less repetitive.

Well I think most people would agree that the game really starts to shine at 25 if you're a PvP player. At that level you can go into the Abyss, which is a huge PvPvE zone with fortresses, castles, boss monsters and more to fight. It also has All 3 factions there (Asmodian and Elyos which are player controled and the 3rd, NPC faction, Balaur) so a lot of PvP naturally happens. It's probably where you'll spend a lot of your time in Aion.

That's not to say that 1-25 aren't fun though, they serve as a good introduction to the game and your class. In 20+ zones rifts can also appear which link an Asmodian and Elyos zone together which also brings together a bunch of PvP.

If I had to say how long it took me to get to 21...hmm. I've been playing for two beta weekends so far. The first one I played really casually, not playing too much, and got to level 16 then. This next weekend I couldn't play at all on Friday which was a bummer, but Saturday I played a good bit and got up to 20 then, and then today I mostly just PvP'ed, explored and stuff while sort of questing and got to 21.

So if you know what you're doing (I did a lot of other stuff other than just level) it shouldn't take all that long for a player to get up to 25 and start experiencing the abyss. The level cap, if you didn't know, is 50 as well. :)

If you're more of a PvE player I'm not really sure, I know there are instances and such at 50 and I think maybe some lower level ones too. Really though a big focus of this game is on the PvP.

Thanks. Really summed it up.

I've only really played Runescape in the mmo's, so I cant tell if I like PvP over PvE or anything.

I figure by the way I play games I'd like this and be more PvP styled.

No problem.

If all you've ever played is runescape you'll probably be shocked and amazed at the combat for the first 20 levels anways. :lol:

No more click and wait for a half hour.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Pretty cool thing I found, an explanation on what certain movement does for you:

Forward

d8e19dc0bdfa8dedf34a8c4b.jpg

+10% Physical Damage

+10% Magic Damage

-20% Physical Defense

-20% Magic Damage

Backward

1d7b8a952a1163ee4a57736b.jpg

+500% to Parry

+500% to Block

-70% Physical Damage

-40% Movement Speed

Left/Right Strafe

fb4236884c1f6a137750b611.jpg

+300% to Evasion

-70% Physical Damage

-20% Movement Speed

So expect movement to be a big deal in this game.

In WoW you need to get behind your opponent for extra crit chance. And rogues have some attacks that need to be executed on the back of your target.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

In WoW you need to get behind your opponent for extra crit chance. And rogues have some attacks that need to be executed on the back of your target.

Of course. Plus the 0% chance to block, parry, and dodge if someone is behind you. But its no where near as complex as the Aion movement system.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

There is no extra crit chance from behind unless it's something they added very recently. The rogue's backstab and ambush move as well are useless in actual PvP, people either use SS/Hemo/Mutilate all which have no positional requirements.

In WoW the only positioning that matters is how close your [wagon] is to that pillar.

If the endgame is PvPvE I fear the worst for this game... It might be fun at the start when all areas are really crowded but when the game releases new content and the old content is visited less frequently (like it happens in every MMO) it looks like nothing more than an excuse for ganking.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Nice price.

So another beta event up this weekend, who else is excited? I'm planning on getting my chanter to 25 and trying to experience some of the Abyss. Going to try out a crit based manastone build as well because I heard staff crits cause knockdown. :thumbup:

If the endgame is PvPvE I fear the worst for this game... It might be fun at the start when all areas are really crowded but when the game releases new content and the old content is visited less frequently (like it happens in every MMO) it looks like nothing more than an excuse for ganking.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about? The game is primarily a PvP game (the PvPvE portion is due to the 3rd faction in game being an NPC controlled race) and the PvP pretty much all takes place in the Abyss, which is huge. They've actually added a ton of content since the game has came out, and the only thing which might have slowed down PvP would be the inclusion of fort dungeons, which grant some AP on completion. I heard on the test server for 1.5 they increased the lockout timer on them though, so players wouldn't just hide away.

Man, I cant work out what class I will/might be... I really cant work it out :(

Roll a dice.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Man, I cant work out what class I will/might be... I really cant work it out :(

Roll a dice.

I think I will do Ranger.

Looks so cool, but probably wont be useful for PvP in comparison to others.

All the classes are useful, Ray.

Ranged doesnt seem very 1 on 1 pvp though. You have hand to hand weapons yeah, but you arent good at using them. Plus traps dont seem like they would help when you're already in a fight.

But still looks cool as hell.

Anyway I would probably choose a different class if ranger doesnt work out. I watched the short vids and ranger appealed most. So I'll change if its worthless in comparison to others.

Rangers have a load of CC, can kite well and do great burst damage. Plus a ranger that knows how to use traps correctly (in a 1v1 fight) is a tough match. Of course if you just stand still and shoot you'll get pooped on, so kite :P.

As a chanter (the best 1v1 class probably pre 30) my one really tough matchup was versus a ranger. It's not like you should really look at 1v1 fights anyways, this game isn't about fighting 1v1.

Just so you know, when you explained the "Abyss" it seemed very 1v1 to me :? lol.

But to be honest it really doesnt seem like a Ranger would do particularly well in 1 on 1, 'cause if someones watching the ranger even a bit they can tell where they put the traps. And that's a bit of a [bleep].

Who cares anyway. I'll just restart if it isnt good for me :D