Official Aion thread (Visions update)

Nadril

Ah. You might want to get a new computer then that could run this if you're interested in playing.

I don't see why an XP computer couldn't run this game flawlessly, provided it meets the specs.

It's from 2005 :thumbdown: Plus the graphics card is a piece of [cabbage]. What are the specs, anyway?

Updated System Requirements as of 12/16/2008

Minimum:

Pentium 4 2.8GHz, AMD Athlon 2800

1 GB RAM

GeForce 6600, Radeon X1550

Hard Drive 30GB

DirectX 9.0c(2008,6)

Recommended:

Pentium Dual Core, AMD Athlon 64 X2

2 GB RAM

GeForce 7600, Radeon X2600

Hard Drive 30GB

DirectX 9.0c(2008,6)

Second page bro.

In other news my guild has already made a reputation for ourselves in the game by trolling the Aionsource forums. People taking games far too seriously never disappoint.

2009rb9.jpg

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe goons.

I'm not sure what I'll do for a guild yet to be honest. As always if I could get enough people I would love to make my own guild, try and build a reputation, but I don't know yet. I'll figure it out when we get closer to release.

A vast majority of western Aion players don't know that there's an additional system implemented in the game beside Aggro/Threat system.

It is called Hate-listing. It is hard to explain, because devs didn't really give any info to players about that sytem (beside its core description) or how it works.

Basically, every single monster has a special list which contains the top 30-40 players that monster thinks is the biggest 'threat' of him based on previous encounters.

If someone's on his list, it is more likely that the monster gets aggressive towards that specific player the next time he's around.

Beside the amount of aggro/threat players generated during previous encounters, every type of monster/boss has different things that would make them hate certain players more.

Some examples of things that could generate hate:

- specific type of armor

- specific type of class

- specifictype of skills used against him (ranged, elemental, etc)

- level range

etc.

So in Aion, mobs are even more unique by having their own hate-list. Players need to know their enemy better, they need to know what things a given monster dislike and hates more and groups have to plan their stategy accordingly.

-------

Sounds pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to this game. <3

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Interesting.

I'm pretty excited. The other day some guy posted an offer to people who would be willing to moderate/help with his Aion fansite. He has the basic site set up (http://www.onlineaion.com) and has an idea on what he wants to do to move forward. Pretty much we're going to try and become a major fansite for Aion, the guy who set it up decrypted the quest database so we'll be able to have quest guides on the site and such.

Anyways my role is pretty much to be both a moderator and I am going to re design the webpage to make it more professional looking. I'm still waiting on what he kind of wants, but it's an exciting prospect for me. What makes it really nice is that me and the other guy who are helping out are both going to get free Aion copies from the owner, and when the site (hopefully) hit's a good amount of viewers we will be viewed as co-owners and given a share of the websites revenue. So pretty awesome, and at the very least I get to get a free copy of Aion and some great exposure for webdesign.

In other news Aion is quite a big game already in asia. Acording to the latest MMOData charts Aion is at 3.5 million subscribers in Asia alone right now.

[hide=source]1m-12m.png[/hide]

Considering it hasn't even released to the west yet or Japan (and I understand japan has had a very succesful open beta so far, with 160,000 opened player accounts and 46,000 users online at once. [1]

Needless to say Aion is proving to be a pretty strong game.

Nice graph. (and lol @ Lineage 1 and 2.) And yeah just looking at the graph makes you think, Aion could be bigger than WoW with ease, expecting it has a commited fanbase like WoW does, and good support etc.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I'm gonna pre order it tomorrow. I wanna try getting the collectors edition cause of the in game items:

The Aion Limited Collector's Edition gives you the complete Aion experience:

* 6.5"-tall, hand-painted figurine of Aiva, a winged Asmodian Daeva

* Exclusive in-game items, including:

o Black Cloud Wings (gives 40 seconds of additional flight time)

o Black Cloud Earring (gives an HP and an MP boost)

o Special character title with stat boost

o Color dye to tint one in-game item

o Two character emotes

o Official Aion soundtrack CD

* Two dual-sided, full-color posters

* Full-color, trifold quick reference card

* Two game DVDs

* Game manual

* First 30 days of gameplay

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I just got the regular edition of the game (pre-ordered from direct2drive last night). Next beta event is in a few days, and it's 1-25 so we'll be able to see what the abyss looks like! (hopefully, I'll need to do lvl 13-25 :P)

Patch 1.1 -- http://www.aionsource.com/forum/general ... 1-1-a.html

Patch 1.2 - http://www.aionsource.com/forum/general ... 1-2-a.html

Patch 1.5 - http://www.aionsource.com/forum/general ... alaur.html

The three patches that will be there on release day for the western launch of Aion. Patch 1.5 alone added 12 instances :)

I'm kinda disappointed that I probably won't see The Abyss this time. 1-25, isn't that supposed to take ages? Plus it's over a weekend, and... ugh... can't believe I'm actually thinking of skipping going out over a video game. I'm so damaged.

In the meantime...

2009rb9.jpg

I'm kinda disappointed that I probably won't see The Abyss this time. 1-25, isn't that supposed to take ages? Plus it's over a weekend, and... ugh... can't believe I'm actually thinking of skipping going out over a video game. I'm so damaged.

In the meantime...

They're getting trolled hard lol. People on aionsource are really [developmentally delayed]ed though.

I'm gonna pre order it tomorrow. I wanna try getting the collectors edition cause of the in game items:

The Aion Limited Collector's Edition gives you the complete Aion experience:

* 6.5"-tall, hand-painted figurine of Aiva, a winged Asmodian Daeva

* Exclusive in-game items, including:

o Black Cloud Wings (gives 40 seconds of additional flight time)

o Black Cloud Earring (gives an HP and an MP boost)

o Special character title with stat boost

o Color dye to tint one in-game item

o Two character emotes

o Official Aion soundtrack CD

* Two dual-sided, full-color posters

* Full-color, trifold quick reference card

* Two game DVDs

* Game manual

* First 30 days of gameplay

Damn... I want those wings and earrings.

So how much would the CE cost?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Btw if anyone is going to get into the beta I will be on the Israphel server Asmodian side. :)

Hehe, you'll be playing on the same server as the NA Asmo goons.

I still don't know what server the EU side is going with, but it seems we'll be Elyos (they're fabulous). I'll go Gladiator though I think, since I usually don't play plate-classes.

Man I'm so excited for the beta tomorrow, I even read through the Elyos and Asmodian books on the main site. Shame the beta opens so late for us EU folks though (9pm).

2009rb9.jpg

oh my god this game is awesome

That it is, good sir. That it is.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Seriously, [bleep] putting the closed beta events on the weekends, I can play maybe for one day uninterrupted (Sunday). Ugghh, anyway, I played with a friend of mine and it was a lot of fun. Got to level 9. Will hopefully get to level 10 tomorrow.

Played Asmo and oh my god are they gay.

2009rb9.jpg

Getting close to 20 myself (was 16 when I left off so :P) and I'm doing the last group quests stuff. They're pretty [bleep]ing challenging, a lot of this feels more like a lowbie instance than a normal world thing.

Was pissed off though, internet was down pretty much all day yesterday (Friday) so I couldn't play at all them. Still chanter is still proving to be fun. :D

Double post because there is enough stuff here to warent it.

So CB4 is getting close to an end (ending tomorrow at 2pm but I prob won't be around for much of it then) and I thought I'd chronicle a bit of what I did this CB. It was a lot of fun actually, ended it on a pretty cool note (not to say it's done yet, I'm still going to play for a bit more and try and hit lvl 22) with me and my roomate's sorc (lvl 21 and 19 respectively) just tearing hell in the Pandemonium Coliseum. Makes for a really deadly combo, between my buffs and heals (and support DPS if someone dares get close to me) and his BURST we were destroying people. Had a bunch of guy's make a pact to try and take us out, was a lot of fun.

PvP combat lasts a lot longer than some other MMO's that have PvP in them (which shall go nameless, haha). It makes it a lot of fun because people aren't just getting 3 shot and stuff, and it lets you think out what you're doing. Positioning is pretty important, especially since people still need to get used to the whole 3D with flying thing. A lot of times Nukkah (my roomate's sorc) would confuse the [cabbage] out of people by staying up in the air and raining nukes on an unsuspecting target.

I also managed to join a raid (alliance) and do a fight with a bunch of Elyos that came through a rift to us. It's cool because you can buy these little camp things which allow you (and your group/alliance) to port back to them after you die, but of course they can be destroyed. Was fun because we were looking around for where they were coming from (to put an end to the raid) while also fighting them. Sadly we got our faces rolled pretty hardcore as it was a joint effort between two top Elyos guilds on the test server. Still was pretty epic, and ran pretty damn well.

Did the regular assortment of quests and stuff too but I figure that isn't too interesting to talk about. But now for some screens! ignore the sort of crappy Jpeg's.

[hide=screenshots]2ykx5jl.jpg

First big encounter which had us getting steamrolled :(

28wi33q.jpg

Pretty epic shot of my group flying down to get to the elite mobs for the last campaign quest in Altgard

2e0n21c.jpg

An abyss gate we had to go through to destroy it. Music was epic as hell here. I should also mention that elite mobs are hard, we really had to be on our toes!

j9bp1d.jpg

GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!

2wf3kie.jpg

Yeah what you want! this is a winning team =P. (by the way the thing I'm doing is the game's /taunt, [bleep]ing hillarious

2en5gf6.jpg

And finally a self portrait of my level 21 self. :)[/hide]

:thumbsup: