Setting Goals

Grogthurk

I have a hard time getting motivated to stick to any skill on this game.

I do slayer to kill time while I'm thinking of what to do next, but at the same time once I make it a goal I want to do something else.

What do you guys do when setting goals?

Also, how long do you think it would take getting 85 slayer playing around...20h a week? 68 slayer now...I'll post stats

top_lel_face.png

my goal rite now is to get 99 wc which will take me about 20-30 days with 40k magic logs makin me 56mill...the money motivates me...but in ur case its the goal to b able to make money when u hit 85...not to mention u will get combat exp as well..but if u get bored switchin to come else for a day or so could help u relax from slaying den come bak to it. its just a matter of patients and the knowledge about how to skill up..ask around for tips in slayer ur bound to find some usefull stuff and GL :thumbsup:

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

If you are not motivated to invest in skills, try minigames.

If it is more general, and you are losing intrest for RS alltogether, quit. find another game/hobby/time sink. Come back when you get bored with that.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

You think getting 85 attack, then str, then def would be a good goal?

Then I could train with whip on controlled and they'd be about the same level.

I love Runescape, just staying motivated to one task is hard.

top_lel_face.png

yess it is a gud goal...i would say do it along side of slayer...and if u get bored of slayer go for normal mob grinding...this way u can swing bak and forth between slayer or casual training

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

Try figuring out new ways to do your everyday tasks.

For example, I did Black demons (melee) without prayer. It was fun to see the results. I also ranged Fire Giants at Waterfall while using a cannon, attacking nearly every giant in the melee room. That was fun as well, and also fun to see the reactions of some people.

Cannon is ftw, just remember that.

yeap tiger is rite....bordem is set in this game like any other game...the thing is u need to set when u wanna do something diff..like i left rs to play COD4 and i got bored of dat so came bak to rs

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

yeap tiger is rite....bordem is set in this game like any other game...the thing is u need to set when u wanna do something diff..like i left rs to play COD4 and i got bored of dat so came bak to rs
ya playing entirely different games helps alot. i have been playing windwaker when i get bored of training slayer

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Verac- Helm, Brassard x 2,

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff

I find it easier to set various smaller skills on things I haven't done in a while. It helps kill boredom.

Example:

I did Garden of Tranquility. After I was like "hmm that wasn't so bad; let's do more farming. Ranarrs are good money anyways" and then set my goal to something I knew I could achieve through sweetcorn, strawberries, etc. I even did a little more after my goal because I was having fun with it

Choose something you know you can achieve but more importantly you find fun otherwise you will get bored.

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

I just get really excited about like "YEAH I CAN GET 99 COOKING ONLY 4M LOSS WOO WOO" then I start to do it and I'm like...f this.

I thought maybe I should just grab a couple levels every now and then, I'm in no rush to 99 anything.

top_lel_face.png

lol true true its because we tend to procasinate alot ...first we think yea i should get 99 cooking then we are like i got 72 cooking dam 99 seem so far and its gonna get boring...for me it was hunter i said to myself im going to get my hunter ranked in hiscore then im like dam lvl 1 in hunter nah ill leave it..now after i complete diaries im planning on doing it till 66...hopefully i can achieve this goal :pray:

P.S. hows my english??

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

lol dat piss ppl off

Are you killing Fire Giants for yourself, or for random strangers?

The cannon is just like any other weapon. Not using a cannon would be like giving up a weapon. If someone was annoyed because you were killing Fire Giants too fast with a whip and he couldn't get any for himself, would you give up your whip to make it "fair"? No.

Would that be good for doing them as a task?

Cannoning fire giants? It's fantastic.

If you're in a single combat area, but you are ranging from a safespot, the cannon treats the area like it is multicombat and still shoots everything, even more than 1 monster. You can apply this to almost EVERY task. For example, you can do the same with Black Demons at Taverly Dungeon, or Hellhounds. In this way, very few tasks are "uncannonable". You should bring a cannon to every task. The only exceptions are tasks you MUST use the CTs, Slayer Tower, or GWD area to do. However, if there's an alternative location, cannon them there. You won't regret the speed.

I STRONGLY recommend you at least try cannoning them. Essentially, it's ranging them with a bit more cost and like 4x-6x faster. It's pretty basic. You set up the cannon south of the table in the Waterfall melee room. Then you use the south safespot (one with the door) the ENTIRE time (even if they're unaggressive). Then you load up the cannon, fire it, go to the safespot, and pick a giant. When it's out of ammo, rinse and repeat.

Just note that if you are attacked by 1 giant, the cannon will stop cannoning all the giants and focus only on the one that's hitting you. So it ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL that you stay in the safespot for as long as you can. Waste bolts if you have to. (Although there are times when you can't help being hit, such as when you're reloading or grabbing charms.)

I am a classic case of doing whatever I feel like...

This left me with almost leveled wc, mining, crafting, fletching, runecrafting, magic, you name it..

I did get myself to level some of the almost leveled skills using familiars, talking to friends in cc/pm and while fishing watching a tv show helps...

If I have a goal I really want to achieve I usually stick to that until I no longer feel like it, and I'll just do it later. I feel that's the best way to play as things ought to be fun, and for the die-hard "I-gotta-get-this-level-achieved!" fases, just watch some tv-shows on the side (for afk skills like fishing). As said, familiars help. :thumbsup:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]