A new PVP loot system.

Hi, I'm brunokiller and this is my suggestion for a new PVP loot system.

We know the current drop system (basically pure cash; strong inflation occurs), and the system before it(creates a lot of items that would otherwise be hard to obtain(for example, infinity robes went to 700k a set when the old price was 3-4m a piece)) does not work.

I am going to define the following words here:

Earned Potential : The same as the one we have now, chance of getting a good drop.

Death Value : The value of the items someone loses upon death.

Loot Value : The value of the items the killer gets when his opponent dies.

Loot Pool(lame name, I know) : Includes the collection of items the killer did not get as loot but were lost by the opponent. This is not a single person database but covers all fights in PVP/BH. Junk items like poisoned bolts and unstrung maple bows and untradables will NOT be dropped into the Loot Pool.

PVP Loot : Stuff like pvp gear such as vesta's and brawlers. Brawlers have no value so you can obtain them with high Death Value kills too.

A note about the prices below: They are NOT accurate prices, I am just using them as examples. Please do not reply with 'lolo noob d boots are 400k not 300k'.

My suggestion is as follows.

When the opponent dies, a Loot Value is calculated using the Earned Potential value and parameters like 'kill impressiveness' and whether it was a target kill or not.

This Loot Value is composed of what the opponent loses, the Loot Pool and PVP Loot.

The first part of the Loot Value, what the opponent loses is a priority of the system. So it tries to fill the Loot Value with Death Value as much as possible. The Loot Value does not exceed if the Death Value is higher than the Loot Value.

If the Death Value is larger than the Loot Value then the items which the killer did not get are added to the Loot Pool.

If the Loot Value is higher than the Death Value, ALL Death Value will be included in the loot. The remaining part will consist of a mixture of PVP Loot and Loot Pool.

Examples:

Player 1 kills Player 2.

Player 2 loses an abyssal whip and full rune. The Death Value is 1800k.

Player 1 gets assigned 150k Loot Value.

Player 1 gets his rune armour (and small items like sharks and pots to fill the full rune-150k gap) only. The abyssal whip gets dropped into the Loot Pool.

A few hours later, Player 3 fights Player 4.

Player 3 dies, losing full mystic and a neitiznot helm. Death Value is 200k.

Player 4 gets assigned 4m Loot Value.

This means the mystic and neitiznot helm get dropped in the death pile. There is still 3.8m left.

This means 3.8m will be taken from the Loot Pool and PVP Loot. Player 4 recieves not only the mystic armour and the neitz helm, but also the abyssal whip (that player 2 lost) a vesta's platebody and a pair of brawlers.

Basically, the whip got recycled.

FAQ

Question: This will still mean the game creates items such as abyssal whips and dark bows.

Answer: Wrong. ALL items from the Loot Pool were lost by other players. This means that the game does not create items like dragonfire shields and whips if they were never dropped into the Loot Pool. It is just recycling and redistributing items.

Question: This won't stop 26King.

Answer: The 26King should be stopped by tweaking the 'kill impressiveness' system and that's something very different that what this thread is about.

Constructive criticism only please. I know it is hard to explain, so please ask your questions if you have them.

Asking questions isn't dumb :)

I like the idea although I'm not sure how hard to code it would be with jagex current engine, but if it can be done I think it should.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

support for sure the recycling concept is great and it would fix most of the inflationary problems we have with the current system

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Sounds good, but I still have the feeling that the "kill impressiveness" can be manipulated.

But yeah, this is a great idea, I support.

Hey Brüno! I like the idea of the pool system and death and loot values but I also think that the actual PvP 'special' drop tables should be added to/changed.

Baalboy and I have come up with ideas for loot that you could incorporate into your suggestion, which would be preferable to me making a new thread with no new way of introducing them

[hide=Ideas (originally posted in "Nerfing the PK Trick.")]

Why not give pvp drops exchange a different type of currancy? For example, you get something else besides coins(let say ancient coins) and you can only buy certian things(sharks, pots, gear, rune ect..)

Of course, the items would cost more or less depending on ge graphs. So make the items buyable have to be sold at max to the player. Or min?

Tradeable Brawlers.

PvP gear people will actually pay for. That's actually worth using and buying for normal players.

Raw noted materials that give good XP but can only be used on PvP Worlds.

All new items that give advantages but don't last long enough to out class other equipment.

The PvP gear would have to stay long enough to make them worthwhile, unlike the ones we have now.

I personally think it should be...

Badly corrupted: Non-PvP 1:00, PvP: 1:30

Partially corrupted: Non-PvP 2:00, PvP: 4:00

Non-corrupt: Non-PvP 3:30, PvP 7:00 (not available for F2P for dragon obviously)

They should all act like Barrows, only degrading in combat.

Everything listed that's tradeable should have high starting cost, and are money sinks, since they degrade and disintigrate.

[/hide]

You can of course tweak and add to them but hopefully you won't have to much if at all.

2dgucz6.png

I like it. Very good suggestion. However I have a questions. Player 4's 4m loot value came from killing someone who lost 4m but did not immediately received? Also, it should have some kind of anti rwt detection system where it will realize if someone killed the same person too many times.

120dgl.jpg

Why not give pvp drops exchange a different type of currancy? For example, you get something else besides coins(let say ancient coins) and you can only buy certian things(sharks, pots, gear, rune ect..)

Of course, the items would cost more or less depending on ge graphs. So make the items buyable have to be sold at max to the player. Or min?

I don't really think that'd work very well. Instead of those ancient coins, it would be wiser to drop the items themselves in the death pile. I think it'd also be a great idea to make it drop noted sharks and pots (and there will be a LOT of those in the Loot Pool).

Tradeable Brawlers.

Don't want all skills to be buyable, I don't like this one.

PvP gear people will actually pay for. That's actually worth using and buying for normal players.

The current PVP gear is at a price that makes it worth using.

Raw noted materials that give good XP but can only be used on PvP Worlds.

We already have brawlers.

All new items that give advantages but don't last long enough to out class other equipment.

TH

The PvP gear would have to stay long enough to make them worthwhile, unlike the ones we have now.

I personally think it should be...

Badly corrupted: Non-PvP 1:00, PvP: 1:30

Partially corrupted: Non-PvP 2:00, PvP: 4:00

Non-corrupt: Non-PvP 3:30, PvP 7:00 (not available for F2P for dragon obviously)

They should all act like Barrows, only degrading in combat.

Everything listed that's tradeable should have high starting cost, and are money sinks, since they degrade and disintigrate.

The PVP gear we have now works fine. Making them last longer would be overpowered.

Anyways I think you are overestimating the rewards aspect of PVP. I think pking should be about fun, not making more money than another moneymaking method.

I like it. Very good suggestion. However I have a questions. Player 4's 4m loot value came from killing someone who lost 4m but did not immediately received?

Part of that 4m consisted of items that were lost by other people earlier on.

Also, it should have some kind of anti rwt detection system where it will realize if someone killed the same person too many times.

That's another topic.

Well Brüno, from how I understand your system, the rewards can't be unbalanced in the first place.

However, unlike now, there will need to be a 'draw' for normal players to buy the more expensive rewards, because I don't think there will be many PK'ers who are willing to buy the items as they are now. Further to that, I'm sure that some PK'ers are there for the rewards side of things.

But the main reason for all of these additions would be money sink items. The current system with artifacts has flooded gold into the economy (whether we two are really worried about that is another story) and since all of these items degrade into nothing, we could possibly have a chance of taking a lot of that new gold out.

2dgucz6.png

Well Bruno, from how I understand your system, the rewards can't be unbalanced in the first place.

However, unlike now, there will need to be a 'draw' for normal players to buy the more expensive rewards, because I don't think there will be many PK'ers who are willing to buy the items as they are now. Further to that, I'm sure that some PK'ers are there for the rewards side of things.

Pking should be about the fun of killing someone in the first place :)

And if the frequency of PVP drops will be improved, prices will go down. Many PVP items are at a price that makes then worthwhile to use.

But the main reason for all of these additions would be money sink items. The current system with artifacts has flooded gold into the economy (whether we two are really worried about that is another story) and since all of these items degrade into nothing, we could possibly have a chance of taking a lot of that new gold out.

I fail to understand how PVP would be a money sink, unless you want to be able to buy PVP gear with coins, but that would ruin the concept of getting the gear as loot.

Much better than the current system, I think it would work very well, actually.

One problem with it though, it could make MINOR real world trading possible, but then again, I think that is practically impossible to stop.

2Xeo5.png

Like I said in my first post, yes, the new stuff and improved items should be tradeable if added, and worth a lot of money.

This means that, if say, Agility Brawling Gloves are worth 3m, and someone buys a pair, uses them, and they disintegrate, 3m is taken out of the economy. That's just an example price.

I'm sure they'd set the initial price of the 3.5/7hr armor to some huge amount (relatively) like 20-30m for a set? And if it lasted 3.5 hrs (210 minutes) (in combat only) in non-PvP, people like Castle Wars enthusiasts would certainly buy them, creating a decent market meaning that there would be more PK'ers who are only there for the rewards side of things.

And of course that means more targets for you.

And the items are still worthwhile for use if you get them yourself, but they can also easily be sold because they're worthwhile to be bought by NORMAL players.

I don't think I ever said anything about the frequency of rewards increasing...

I don't see the negatives... :)

2dgucz6.png

Much better than the current system, I think it would work very well, actually.

One problem with it though, it could make MINOR real world trading possible, but then again, I think that is practically impossible to stop.

The Loot Value will not be affected by the Death Value, so rwt will be hard.

Like I said in my first post, yes, the new stuff and improved items should be tradeable if added, and worth a lot of money.

This means that, if say, Agility Brawling Gloves are worth 3m, and someone buys a pair, uses them, and they disintegrate, 3m is taken out of the economy. That's just an example price.

I still fail to understand how tradable brawling gloves would take out gold.. :? Please explain.

I'm sure they'd set the initial price of the 3.5/7hr armor to some huge amount (relatively) like 20-30m for a set? And if it lasted 3.5 hrs (210 minutes) (in combat only) in non-PvP, people like Castle Wars enthusiasts would certainly buy them, creating a decent market meaning that there would be more PK'ers who are only there for the rewards side of things.

And of course that means more targets for you.

7 hours for 20m, so 1 hour for 3m. All PVP armour sets(not the melee weapons) are below 3m.

And the items are still worthwhile for use if you get them yourself, but they can also easily be sold because they're worthwhile to be bought by NORMAL players.

This is the case with the current PVP gear too.

I don't think I ever said anything about the frequency of rewards increasing...

Well, you want to introduce more armour and make the other drop rates lower?

I don't see the negatives... :)

I don't really see the positives either.. :|

Oh dear, circular logic has foiled me again.

Forget the part about it taking money out of the economy. If it's just handed to another player then the money isn't disappearing, even if the item is. The only way what I was saying would be true is if it were bought from a NPC, which would just be silly, and then I don't even see a smart way of adding that.

Perhaps if it were repairable, also like Barrows, but cost a certain amount depending on the Grand Exchange value then this idea would work.

But not for Brawling Gloves. So let's just focus on armor and weapons.

Also, depending on the grade of armor, you could repair it more or less times.

I don't see why adding more armor would matter for the drop rates, especially if the stats are fairly similar like they are now. You might have less chance of getting a specific one but the same chance of getting a similar one. Since they have no set effects, it only really matters for the weapons... However, only having different styles seems a bit pointless. I think just two sets should be added, to even out the selection for mages and rangers.

Brawling Gloves could remain nontradeable, and only sold to a new NPC for half the cost (or less...) that it takes another player to buy them (from that same NPC or perhaps they can be added to the Grand Exchange from that NPC but remain untradeable?).

The only problem here is that we cause more inflation if no one buys them, which could be solved by changing it to where the seller is paid AFTER the Gloves sell.

Most NON-PK'ers will simply not spend that much money on armor for use outside of PvP that only lasts an hour. If we use my first idea in this post to where you can repair armor a certain amount of times for a proportional amount to the Grand Exchange price, then it might become useful to non-PK'ers, creating a greater market for it.

I'm sorry, I feel like I'm hijacking your thread to promote my ideas. But if we just tweaked mine to be more feasible, then they'd fit very well with your own...

I'll leave now... :?

2dgucz6.png