Mournings End Part 2 - Problem with 3rd and 4th door

In the guide, when it tells you to point the light down it says have the mirror going east/west. It Didn't work for me like that, but it DID work when i put it north/south.

***Edit: I think the person who wrote the guide just put the north/south east/west for the wrong lights, because the 4th one ended up needing to be turned east/west

So in conclusion

3rd door: Last light needs to be turned North/South

4th Door: Last light needs to be turned East/West

30 mins of failed attempts lol, if you want to spare someone else that pain change it :P

Socc.png

Socc | 99 Magic | 95/99 Range | 99 Defence | 99 Hitpoints | 96/99 Summoning |Join SODB for some monster Slayin! |

In the guide, when it tells you to point the light down it says have the mirror going east/west. It Didn't work for me like that, but it DID work when i put it north/south.

***Edit: I think the person who wrote the guide just put the north/south east/west for the wrong lights, because the 4th one ended up needing to be turned east/west

So in conclusion

30 mins of failed attempts lol, if you want to spare someone else that pain change it :P

Maybe they changed it recently? I know the guide was accurate when I completed the quest earlier this year. I suppose someone else would have to take pictures of the wrong places?

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

I finally went back to complete this quest and

held true for me.

Although, I would say "mirror" instead of "light" if you make the changes The_Socc_Masta suggests. See quote from his post:

Sorry I was otherwize fighting for my life or I would have taken a few screen shots ::'

• 2 weeks later...

I fail to see how its wrong.

First time you send light up or down it clearly says

"To achieve this the mirror needs to have its base where the light enters and top on the opposite side. In this case west and east. Light travelling up can be noted by a beam above the pillar."

Then for goping down we get

"From here we want to send our light down. To do this arrange the mirror so its top is by the east and base is by the west markers."

Which is clearly the inverse of what we did for upwards as the light beam is coming from the east.

Though I would say whoever last editted this guide has moved a picture into between the third and 4th doors that has no place there, as it clearly depicts placing the red beam for the last door.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I fail to see how its wrong.

First time you send light up or down it clearly says

"To achieve this the mirror needs to have its base where the light enters and top on the opposite side. In this case west and east. Light travelling up can be noted by a beam above the pillar."

Then for goping down we get

"From here we want to send our light down. To do this arrange the mirror so its top is by the east and base is by the west markers."

Which is clearly the inverse of what we did for upwards as the light beam is coming from the east.

Though I would say whoever last editted this guide has moved a picture into between the third and 4th doors that has no place there, as it clearly depicts placing the red beam for the last door.

The mirror interface has changed since the guide was originally written, apparently. There is no longer a top and bottom of the mirror. And because there is not a picture of the interface in the guide it is even more confusing.

I only discovered the difference when I found a guide that showed a picture of the interface and saw immediately that it was different than what I was looking at while doing the quest.

I am certainly not criticizing the guide author. Your instructions make perfect sense when looking at the old interface.

ETA: Here is an image of the old interface

oldme2mirror.png

When I have time I will go back to the temple and take a screen shot of the way it looks now.

Edit 2: Screen shot image of new interface. Please note that this is not the pillar of either of the doors in question, so do not use this as an example of that. I just wanted to show what people are looking at in the context of the changes that have been suggested.

me2newmirrorinterface.png

NOW I'm finished :D

Ahh if the interface has changed then it certainly wuldnt make sense lol

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Glad to Have helped the few of you that had trouble with this ::'

and Paw_Claw, I wasn't trying to be mean or saying you were wrong or anything(I was just looking at the guide and noticed you wrote it haha). I was just stating that what I mentioned above was what worked for me after 30 minutes of failed attempts. It might have been a bit of a mix-up when posting it on Tip.it or someone on the crew was careless when they edited the guide. It also might have something to do with the interface change, who knows lol.

Socc.png

Socc | 99 Magic | 95/99 Range | 99 Defence | 99 Hitpoints | 96/99 Summoning |Join SODB for some monster Slayin! |

• 3 weeks later...

Crew Note: Posting on behalf of a friend who PMd this correction to me. His username is Hunter360x.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?page=light_temple_d3.htm#

The next pillar along this corridor also needs a mirror, but it must point the light upwards. To achieve this the mirror needs to have its base where the light enters and top on the opposite side. In this case west and east. Light travelling up can be noted by a beam above the pillar.

Using the ladder beside this pillar, head up one floor. Here, use a mirror on the pillar to send the beam west. The beam will pass through a pillar you cannot reach, this pillar has the useful effect of turning cyan to blue and yellow to red.

Head back down the ladder and head south to reach the other stairs to the top floor. Once here cross to the north side using the double stairs, then head directly west through a narrow grey passage. Once through head north to find your now blue light beam.

From here we want to send our light down. To do this arrange the mirror so its top is by the east and base is by the west markers.

Head all the way down to the first floor and make your way to the north west corner again. Your beam should have opened a yellow door for you. Head through and rotate the fixed mirror to hit the other door. Raid the chest in here, then rotating the miror again, escape.

Change to top by North and bottom by South.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

I'm not sure how it has changed, but I know the directions were right, but confusing when I did this quest. Perhaps this previous discussion could help. You'll have to ignore my deleted images, but pokemama provides the edited versions...

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]