10th July 2009 - PayBySMS available in Singapore

@Dan3HitU

[hide=RuneScape Update]We're pleased to announce that our players from Singapore can now pay for membership of RuneScape by SMS. This means that you can purchase or renew membership using your mobile telephone. We know this is something that our Singaporean players have been waiting for, so we're happy to be able to offer this service. If you're a free player from Singapore, and want to know more about the benefits of membership, click here.

The following networks in Singapore support PayBySMS:

•  
    [*:1tcrs6vh] SingTel

[*:1tcrs6vh] Mobile One

[*:1tcrs6vh] StarHub

We're continuing to look into ways of making alternative payment methods available in other countries, and as soon as we're able to offer these services, well let you know.[/hide]

Do lots of people pay by SMS anyway? I was under the impression that the vast majority of payments were through credit cards and only the few that couldn't use a credit card bought the prepaid cards or did it through text.

2496 Completionist

Do lots of people pay by SMS anyway? I was under the impression that the vast majority of payments were through credit cards and only the few that couldn't use a credit card bought the prepaid cards or did it through text.

I use text. But I don't live in Singapore.

2v8sgvs.png

Jagex's business is expanding! /sarcasm (Cookie to whoever catches on, ;) )

ANYWAY, Good to see that even more people can get membership. Hopefully they'll make more money and put out a good update for once(Don't you dare say MA. Sure it drains junk, but its fun for all of 10 minutes.)

Runeman231.png

GESig.gif

Beats having to pay by Western Union. Unless there's some even more exorbitant transaction fee (Still, you have no idea what a pain it is to queue up in that post office)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.