Prices of pure essence

Unknown_Warrior

If you haven't noticed, they are soaring. Moreso than the runes made out of them.

Tell me, is this due to inflation, a clan or simply summer holidays?

I'd like to know before I restock another 25K.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

It will only start dropping if and when 26king gets nerfed, so it may be this week, or it may be next month.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Even for inflation, their prices are whack.

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

I'd rather not mine my own essence, considering I'd like to get 100K rc xp a day...

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

They've risen >30% in the last week.

That is no small amount in economics.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

They've risen >30% in the last week.

That is no small amount in economics.

Yes, however 26k tricking has been around for alot longer than a week... People cannot always assume that every price rise in the GE is a direct result of this flaw in Runescape... Maybe, just maybe, legitimate Rc'ers actually want to train the skill?

Also, pure ess is one of the few materials that can actually make a player money - for example, 10,000 26k trickers choose to buy 1million ess with their spoils... So, they now make 1million nats and as a result have 200+ million in raw cash. This cash then gets spent on Ess over and over untill 99... If you use these basic mathmatics, Rcers are one of the few 26k trickers that will actually make money and continue to make money and spend it on more and more ess... This appears to be the logical thing to do, and therefore, from this point of view, ess wont fall until every single 26k tricker has 99 rc...

Thats one theory

Natures went up about 8 GP since the inflation (as did most runes, save those merched), pure essence went up by ~30GP

I don't see how that's beneficial.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

There is definate problem with the pure essence prices right now. 150 gp is simply insane, Natures arent rising proportianately and the runecrafting is really hurting because of this inflation. Fortunately runes such as bloods, deaths and laws are soaring, so it is a good time to make money off of them.