bumping topics-answered

Robert_R

Nope.

Editing your post doesn't bump it. You could edit your post when the topic is on page 100, and it would stay there.

The only way for a topic to "bump" is for someone to post in it.

And don't bump a topic for the sake of bumping it; if it's an interesting thread, other people will reply.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

There is a bump button (look at clan recruitment threads), but I don't know the exact rules for them. So yes, there is a way, but it's not an effective way. I think one of the rules is that you can't have used the bump button for 6 hours, or something like that.

You could always just bump it normally.

There is a bump button (look at clan recruitment threads), but I don't know the exact rules for them. So yes, there is a way, but it's not an effective way. I think one of the rules is that you can't have used the bump button for 6 hours, or something like that.

You could always just bump it normally.

oh, ok thanks i'll go check that out.

The clan recruitment forum havbs a bumvbp button tht appears once every 24 hours as far as I recall, since ads rarely get replies.

The rest of the forums have no bump function and you are not allowed to reply to yourself, or post bumps jsut to get your topic up the boards. The whole point in this is so that only the popular topics survive while unpopular ones simply fade away as the people who make them can't psot bump every ten minutes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The clan recruitment forum havbs a bumvbp button tht appears once every 24 hours as far as I recall, since ads rarely get replies.

The rest of the forums have no bump function and you are not allowed to reply to yourself, or post bumps jsut to get your topic up the boards. The whole point in this is so that only the popular topics survive while unpopular ones simply fade away as the people who make them can't psot bump every ten minutes.

erg again... :x

Based on the bump button rules, I would say that if you bumped one topic manually once or twice a day, it should be fine and you shouldn't get in trouble.

You can ask a mod or someone to be certain, though. Those are only my implied rules.

Based on the bump button rules, I would say that if you bumped one topic manually once or twice a day, it should be fine and you shouldn't get in trouble.

You can ask a mod or someone to be certain, though. Those are only my implied rules.

I'll try asking a mod then.

From the forum rules

"2 - Irritating Posting Styles/Spamming

In order to maintain an environment that promotes ease in the exchange of information, spamming is prohibited. Spamming includes posting entire messages using excessive formatting (all caps), posting the same message repeatedly, cross posting the same message in multiple forums, making pointless threads or replies (such as "+1" posts), begging (for yourself or another player), excessive use of "smilies"/characters/spaces/blank lines/nested quotes, as well as any advertisements (includes pm'ing advertisements), chain letters, pyramid schemes, click-wars (referrals), or website solicitations including ebay-type spam. Additionally, do not pointlessly bump old threads unless you're contributing to the topic. You may bump a topic in the Marketplace or a very important thread elsewhere, but not whilst the thread is still on the first page of the forum."

Check the bold bit.

It clearly says no bumping unless your contributing to the thread or its in the market place.

eg posting yourself to bump a topic = no no

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Mind giving a link so i can look at it? There may be more then one reason why it won't get bumped. Or maybe you should just let it die peacefully.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

From the forum rules

"2 - Irritating Posting Styles/Spamming

In order to maintain an environment that promotes ease in the exchange of information, spamming is prohibited. Spamming includes posting entire messages using excessive formatting (all caps), posting the same message repeatedly, cross posting the same message in multiple forums, making pointless threads or replies (such as "+1" posts), begging (for yourself or another player), excessive use of "smilies"/characters/spaces/blank lines/nested quotes, as well as any advertisements (includes pm'ing advertisements), chain letters, pyramid schemes, click-wars (referrals), or website solicitations including ebay-type spam. Additionally, do not pointlessly bump old threads unless you're contributing to the topic. You may bump a topic in the Marketplace or a very important thread elsewhere, but not whilst the thread is still on the first page of the forum."

Check the bold bit.

It clearly says no bumping unless your contributing to the thread or its in the market place.

eg posting yourself to bump a topic = no no

oh ok thanks, that answers the question.

Why would it be bad to bump a topic that has fallen to page 2?

Give me a break.. no one's going to slap your wrist over it anyways.. unless the mods here are really anal and power tripping, which I haven't really seen. Sometimes common sense should prevail over silly little rules.. besides I would think that threads in Help & Advice are important, and you should be able to bump a topic once it hits page 2, as per the rules (to get someone else's attention who may be able to answer your question). Go for it.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

Why would it be bad to bump a topic that has fallen to page 2?

Give me a break.. no one's going to slap your wrist over it anyways.. unless the mods here are really anal and power tripping, which I haven't really seen. Sometimes common sense should prevail over silly little rules.. besides I would think that threads in Help & Advice are important, and you should be able to bump a topic once it hits page 2, as per the rules (to get someone else's attention who may be able to answer your question). Go for it.

But tip.it forusm arent insanely fast like4 others.

It'll take a post 24 hours+ in most cases to get off page 1.

If it hasnt got response in 24 hours then clearly its not going to so bumping it wastes time.

And true bout not seeing it, but when do u see ppl bumping topivcs here? never because we follow the rules

Plv6Dz6.jpg