Symantec: Mozilla Has Twice The Flaws Of IE

punk4ever

Uh, the Command Prompt is DOS.

It's a command interpreter. And a win32 application at that aswell.

ME was the last Microsoft operating system to have enough reliance on DOS to actually allow you to execute DOS-Based applications. I'm not 100% certain on the level of DOS reliablity for NT and 2000 but I know XP does not have any components of DOS anywhere under the OS.

I'm pretty sure that microsoft and symantec pretty much formed a team to start this. I'm sure they prolly have some sort of allegiance. I still have friends that say that moxilla firefox is the safest. it provides better protection against 3rd party attacks and adware.

One never knows the truth unless heard from both sides.

I'm pretty sure that microsoft and symantec pretty much formed a team to start this. I'm sure they prolly have some sort of allegiance. I still have friends that say that moxilla firefox is the safest. it provides better protection against 3rd party attacks and adware.

who knows.. though i am reminded of this joke:

Is Windows a Virus?

No, Windows is not a virus. Here's what viruses do:

* They replicate quickly - okay, Windows does that.

* Viruses use up valuable system resources, slowing down the system as they do so - okay, Windows does that.

* Viruses will, from time to time, trash your hard disk - okay, Windows does that too.

* Viruses are usually carried, unknown to the user, along with valuable programs and systems. Sigh... Windows does that, too.

* Viruses will occasionally make the user suspect their system is too slow (see 2) and the user will buy new hardware. Yup, that's with Windows, too.

Until now it seems Windows is a virus but there are fundamental differences:Viruses are well supported by their authors, are running on most systems, their program code is fast, compact and efficient and they tend to become more sophisticated as they mature.

So Windows is not a virus.

It's a bug.

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

So there will be a first party (MS) attack on IE? :P

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

That wouldn't surprise me at all, and the sad part is, symantec has no ground to stand on since you can download anti-virus software that is better than nortons for free. And if you're determined to pay somebody you can get avg 7.0 with firewall for around the same price as nortons.

So anyway, the main topic. Well....when I use mozilla and firefox....I don't get spyware, and adware. When I use IE, I do get spyware and adware. That's enough proof for me so I'll stick with my beloved mozilla. Symantec can cram their reviews where the sun isn't so shiny.