Tyler's party

Tesset

"Uugghh...Where am I?"

I sit up groggily, clutching the back of my head where the blow had landed. Sitting, I take stock of my situation. To the north, a blue river splashed its way through the dark. In the south was a dark walled forest, forbidding my entrance, and in every other direction was grassy plain, in places as tall as my head, but mostly to my waist. I blinked the pain in my head away, and stood up.

How did I get here...All I remember was a fight, a portal, and a sword. A sword! The portal blade! I look down at my hand. It's not there. After several minutes of frantic search, I give up. I will have to find it in the morning. I look down at myself to see if I have everything else.

The familiar beaked helmet still sits on top of my head, and my leather armor is still here, along with my armored gloves and my cape. However, I can tell the abilities are gone from them, save for the useless scroll that makes my helmet glow. All of the items in my pack, however, are gone. The food I packed for the battle, the crossbow and bolts just in case, the lantern, everything, gone.

Only one thing is in there. An object, something like the papyrus from home, with a map drawn on it. This certainly wasn't in my pack before I go here. I look around, and find a red leaf with a peculiar sticky substance on it. I tear off a small piece, and mark where I think I could be.

mapt.png

I look up, and see a smoke stack in the south east. Tomorrow, if I can't find the portal blade, I will go in that direction. For now, however, I settle down, wrap myself in my cape, and try to sleep.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooc:Ok, switching back to past tense instead of present. That reads really awkwardly.

Ic:

I woke up knowing three things. The first was that I would need something more than my cape to keep me warm during these nights. The second was that I would have to find some food, as well as a way to protect myself. The third was that I mightn't get home.

I shivered for several minutes before setting into the nearby trees to find some firewood. Soon, I had a small pile of twigs and leaves, and a stringy vine-like plant I had found. On one of the longer logs, about waist high, I chipped two small cuts and slipped the vine into them to form a makeshift bow. Then, using the technique I had learned from the barbarians in my world, I started a fire, and warmed myself a little.

I then left the fire to search the surrounding area for the portal blade. After half an hour of methodical searching, I found nothing, and gave into the thought that it must not have come through the portal with me.

I walked to the river, and caught a fish with my hands, suddenly very thankful for the skills the barbarian by the waterfall had taught me, and which I had forever taken for granted in my own world.

Judging from the position of the sun, it is about 8 in the morning. Eastward I head, after filling my stomach with the fish from the river.

I walked until about noon to the east along the river, about three miles and where the bend in the river went the most north it would go. I caught another fish, then gathered up some more wood for a fire to cook it with.

While I ate, I wondered which way to go. I thought I saw a fire to the south, but it was dark, and even if I did see a fire, that doesn't mean people.

As I finished my fish, I saw movement in the bushes south of me. I quickly picked up my helmet, rammed it on my head, checked for my map and bow and walked over to the bushes.

An...animal I guess...jumped out at me. It looked something like a bear, but had 4 legs in a diamond pattern at its hindquarters, and still had legs at the shoulders. It immediately swung a claw at me, and scored across my back as I turned to dodge it. I stumbled forward, but righted myself and ran to the river, flinging myself into the cold water and swimming as quickly as I could, praying that the animal didn't follow me.

After several minutes, the animal cried out in rage, and I heard it stalk away from me. I looked back, decided that I was closer to the other side of the river than the way I had just come, and took off for that.

After swimming up onto the shore, I gathered some firewood in order to build myself a fire to warm up. However, I soon found that the bow I had been using to light fires was ruined from the water, and there didn't appear to be any more of those plants I had used to create the string this far from the forest I had come into this world near. However, I knew I would need a fire come night, so I tredged on, hoping that I could find something here that would help. Or maybe someone, though my hopes of that were slim.

Ooc:This is where I am:maphea.png

After several hours of walking, I finally passed out of the clear area between the forest. It was odd, the whole way I was expecting to enter into the trees. It took me that long because I was searching for something with which I could build a fire. I found none.

The sun is nearly down now, and I fear that with the fact that I did not dry from the river completely, I may not last the night without a fire.

On the upside, I found some papyrus. Now that I am stopped, I will prepare it as much as I can...

There. Now it just needs to dry. I'm off to find something to make a fire.

Great. I can see, with the last of the light, a storm moving in. A fire won't be enough, I have to make shelter.

Fortunately, this seems easier to do. I walked back to the trees, and picked up 20 of the heavy, strong seeming leaves. I brought these back to where the papyrus was finishing drying, and gathered up some some sticks.

About half an hour later, I have something which can withstand some rain. If any wind picks up, anything faster than a casual walk-speed, it's gone though. I just have to hope and pray.

I also found a bow. Not another stringy plant that would be usable as a bowstring. Quite literally, a bow. Some of the finest quality I have ever seen, and that's saying something, as I've seen a bow made out of crystal before, as well as one made of clay, and one made of darkness. I have a feeling this bow may have powers I'm unaware of. Plus, the bow itself means that there are people on this world, or at least some sort of sentient species that can use something like that.

I settled down, fire being carefully watched and contained, and half-slept, the storm raging around me.

• 2 weeks later...

Odd. I woke up this morning, stepped outside of my tent, and saw that there was no rain on the ground. Not even a drop of water, or anything to show it last night's storm had even happened. However it looked as if my fire had gone out due to some kind of water being poured over it. Very strange indeed.

I also found something else quite odd. The map I had obtained when I came into this world was expanded, showing something more to the east. It appears as if it is some sort of castle, or other human settlement. sadly, however, it is to the south of the river, and I'm not willing to cross once more just yet. I'm not entirely sure how I made the first time, seeing how fast the river runs.

I could head east, see what is there, but sticking with the map seems to be the best plan. So for now I will head west along the river as best I can, hoping to find a place to cross. Perhaps in this castle there will be those that made the bow of such craftsmanship.

Today was extremely uneventful. I walked west, met up with the river and followed it along the bank, for about five miles. At one point, I had to walk a little north to go around some ground that looked unstable, but I got back by the river soon after that. (Ooc:That was me going around Wisp & Zuo Ci, because they aren't really playing.)

Here is where I believe I am. mapvzv.png

Now that morning is here, I have decided I am quite tired of the fish of this river. They have such an odd taste. That's beside the point, however.

My map once again updated. Apparently, there's a bridge over the river north of me. About 2 and a half miles, so maybe an hour of walking. I pick up my bow, and start off.

It's dark, and I'm stopped. Today was another uneventful day, but I got quite close to the castle. However, I've seen no other signs of humans along the paths that I walked, which worries me some.

Ooc:mapaej.png

Hmm...

I arrived at a sign at the fork in the road today, which pointed north to get to the castle, or should I say Fort Locksmeed, and south to get to a place called Malburg's Inn. However, when I turned to go North to the Fort, another sign stopped me. On it was this message:

Fort sobatagd go in

It looked quite hastily scribbled, and was nearly illegible due to the rot of the wood. I suspect that "in" refers to Malburg's Inn from the previous sign, which would make sense considering how "sabotaged" had been spelled. So I turned south, and started towards the inn, which I assumed was in the clearing in the woods I bordered.

Three hours later, I entered the clearing.

The first thing I noticed were the lights. They looked exactly like the light orbs from my world...but that was odd, because the orbs on my world were only used underground, and were rather unreliable. Not only were these above ground, they were being used in daylight, in rooms with enough windows to see clearly the dust in the corners from outside. The grass overtook the path at a point close to the inn, but disappeared again in the gravel surrounding the entire area I could see around the inn. Smoke poured out the side, but thinly, not the kind that came from a fire. As I entered, the oddness of the place washed over me. Everything looked like there had been people here, and they had just...vanished. Like Molly had captured them, and never brought them back. Ahh, Molly.

However, something did [puncture] my senses as I looked over the room. The key to the room 32 was missing, evidenced by the suspicious lack of dust in a key shape on the hook. I looked around, and spotted something I had been looking for for the longest time. A full quiver of arrows stood leaning against the wall. I picked it up, slung it over my back, expertly grabbed one and set it into the bow I had found those few days ago. I crept my way down the hall, and found room 32. A cough from inside told me I had found the correct room. Quickly searching it, I found that it would just swing open if I pressed on it with my shoulder.

I did. Flinging it open, I quickly turned and brought my bow to point at the man inside, sitting on the bed.

To his credit, he didn't even jump. Just turned to look at me.

"Hello. How might I help you?"

Ooc: Hey Archi.

I think I started out on the wrong foot with the arrow. The man in room 32, Archimage was his name, had not turned out to be any threat. In truth, I did not think that anyone I met would be, but it never hurts to be careful, especially considering the circumstances I came into this world through.

Archimage told me he was going to a place called Silvero to the south, and when I asked what that was, he indicated the south, and showed me a map, which showed the same thing as mine, minus the leaf that wouldn't come off. So the other human-esque place is called Silvero...

After that, I asked him if he had seen anyone else in this world. He said no, but his eyes flicked towards another map, one which showed the human settlements of this world I had found thus far. Unless he's from this world, he lied, and if he is from this world, he lied for sure.

Later, sitting in my room, taking stock of what I would do-I think I'm going to go to Silvero with Archimage, because there's powers in numbers-I heard him talking to himself across the hall. To summarize, he knows that I'm not of this world-not that I had tried to keep it a secret-and he summarized our conversation. He doesn't trust me, however, that's for sure. Two things interesting I gathered from the other things he said:He has some things he calls blue bottles with him, and they turned red when I entered, and something important is happening for him as well, because he doesn't want me to "learn anything."

*3 hours later*

I woke up, nature calling. I creaked open my door quietly, so as not to wake Archimage-I should find out if he has another name, because that one is such a mouthful-and stumbled down the stairs.

I took care of business, and came back in. A thud alerted me to something behind the counter. I looked over, quickly taking up a fighting stance. A man lay there on the ground, unconscious, but stomach rumbling.

"Hey Archimage!" I yelled up at room 32, up the stairs, then dragged the unconscious form to the table, sitting him down on a chair. Archimage thumped his way down the stairs quickly, and as he was coming into the main are of the inn, I said "This man is starving. Would you be so kind as to get him some food?" The unnamed man groaned as Archimage hurried off into the kitchen area.

Archimage had revived the other man, and he had eaten a little while Archimage argued with me, needlessly, in order to allow the man to eat. I wasn't going to stop him-I was the one who saw that he was starving, wasn't I? Oh well, we can sort this out later, first I have to find out who this man is.

I said, "Before you tell us anything, perhaps we could know your na-"

"Hello? I hear you all, my name's Hawks, I come in peace and all that rubbish," A voice yelled from outside.

"Well, that's great. Arch, you want to go see who this Hawks person is?" I said.

"Yeah." Arch said, and went outside.

"Anyway," I said, turning back to the other, still unnamed man, "What's your name?"

"Mr.-" He slurped down some of what Archimage had made, "Kay-" He kept eating, as fast as before.

"Hey, stop, if you eat that fast, you're not going to keep it down. That'll just be worse." I said, holding my hand over his bowl.

At that point, Archimage came back in.

"This is Hawks." Archimage said.

"Yes, yes, I'm Hawks." Hawks said.

I noticed he carried a spear-not a high quality thing like my bow, but constructed well enough to use for survival.

"Well. Interesting night we have here. Perhaps we should all introduce ourselves formally? I'm Tyler." I said, plopping myself down next to Mister Kay, and kicking my feet up on the table.

Ooc:Yeah, the actions are probably to much for talking, however I needed to have the names so I didn't get confused as to who was talking. Oh well.

The whole conversation didn't last long. We all said our names, and then went to bed, taking the four rooms around the hall. I was in 31 across from 32 and Archimage, with Mr. Kay in 33 and Hawks in 34.

Soon the sounds of sleep came from the other rooms, but I couldn't manage it. Two things kept running through my mind, the fact that all the people of this world had disappeared, and the fact that I didn't know how my own world fared after I had defeated that mage. For some reason, I felt that if I found the reason everyone vanished, I would find out how to get back without the portal blade.

The next morning, the four of us sat around the table, my map spread out next to Archimage's other map, debating where to go next. We had decided that if we decided to split, splitting into groups of two, rather than going alone, would be best.

"I was originally headed to what was Fort Locksmeed. I think that going back there would help in seeing what happened to this world." I said.

"I'm going to Silvero." Archimage said endingly.

"So," I said, turning to the other two. "What would you prefer to do? If neither of you wants to go to the Fort, I'll go to Silvero with you all. Or is there somewhere else you'd like to go?"

Hawks and Mr. Kay decided to go to the Fort, instead of Silvero, and because we had decided to go in packs of two or not go at all, Archimage came with us. We loaded up with as much non-perishable food as we could get, I filled my quiver to brim, and we set off to the north, to see what had happened to those originally of this world.

OOC: ehm... Wizz didn't come, I did (Mr K)

We all headed north, everyone was so quiet on the road so I thought I'd ask them about how they got here. Tyler said something about a fight with a mage, Hawks described a wizard aswell, we get mages at our villages sometimes, but haven't seen one in action though. They all seemed not to have an idea about this place. Archimage didn't want to say anything, he didn't seem very socializing.

"So what do you guys think what awaits us at the fort", said I

"No idea, the sign did say something about sabotaging though, so we better be prepared!" Tyler said, and looked at his bow. It was quite a craftsmanship.

"I hope there are some weapons around there, all I have is this makeshift knife"

"Ain't better for me either" said Hawks while showing his spear.

Hawks also enlightened us about this person he met up back near the river, he was called Wizz and he could do some magicks, but something happened to him don't know exactly, Hawks did want to talk about it, but he left him there.

We should be near the Fort by nightfall.

OOC: kind of a filler post to get everyone aquainted with our status and story. Also while we are together, don't worry about the map I can make them if noone wants to do it.

Ooc:Erm, what're you talking about mrk? I did no such thing!

On the road, Mr. Kay started a conversation to cover the silence, asking about how we had gotten here. I described the basics of my battle, but I didn't go into detail, and I left out the portal blade. I'm probably being paranoid, I know he's dead, but...who knows how far that Lucien's influence has spread?

Interestingly, Hawks had been tricked here by a wizard, but his world sounded like magic had worked its way much farther as I heard the description of the holocast, something I'd never heard of. He did seem pretty adamant that it wasn't magic though...

Mr. Kay didn't share despite his asking, though I think he might have had someone pressed him.

Archimage, however, didn't say anything. I'm really thinking he has some other reason for being here, and that he came purposely, on some kind of a mission. Well, I hope he has luck in whatever endeavor it is.

As night began to fall, we came upon the sign, once more, warning us of the sabotage of the Fort, and telling us to go to the Inn. We approached it, and I took in the magnificence. A small mote surrounded the building, and it looked quite strategically placed and built. Stones from the granite of the mountains were built into a thick looking wall, and a castle rose above the wall about ten feet. Towers rose above it dramatically, with places for archers or magic users to shoot from all through the wall, and on top. The wall was partly fallen in spots, and that gave a glimpse into the few houses that stood inside, most made of strong stone much the same as the wall and castle.

However, everything around held the same feeling as the Inn, as if everyone had just suddenly vanished. Carts sat out, goods inside them for transport, shops were partly set up, and food sat on tables uneaten and rotten. But perhaps the creepiest thing of all was the weapons around the area. Arrows sat embeded into the walls, swords stuck into the ground, scars from fireballs scarred the insides of the wall. However, this didn't give the appearance of a struggle against forcibly leaving, just as if there had been a battle, and it had just...stopped, with the vanishing people.

"So," I asked. "Who wants to go in first?"

"I'll go," I said, taking what could be called a very bold step into the courtyard of the fort/castle. I grabbed a sword from where it lay on the ground, it was sturdy and well made. Hoping for a shield, I looked around, but couldn't find one. Off a market stall I grabbed a couple of smallish knives and put them in my pocket.

"Well, are you coming or not? I'm fairly sure there's no one here..."

The man called Archimage took the first step into the fort after me. He, too, picked up a weapon, although his choice was a bow. He came over to the wall and removed a fair number of arrows and then placed them in a small bag he had acquired somehow.

I stepped in after Hawks and Archimage, who had each picked up a weapon of their own. Mr. Kay scurried in after me, picking up a second knife to match his other.

"Where to now?" Archimage asked.

"Let's look around for anything useful." I said. "Something like a map, or spare tools, backpacks, anything you think might be useful. Also, anything that points towards what happened to these people, remember where it is, and then tell us. Let's meet up in about an hour, and we'll go into the actual Fort and find somewhere to sleep. Meet right here."

All the others nodded affirmation, and started walking down streets. I looked around, and started down a dark alleyway, hoping no cliches got me.

We split up on the main street. I found a good light sword for me to use, despite seeing battlemarks around the area the sword looked clean and shined in the moonlight. I reached for a torch on the wall.

"Hey guys, you should take one of these" I said and tossed more torches to my partners.

After a good hour searching around the area *snap*

"What's that?" I thought to myself. "It looks like a banner!"

Indeed it was when I rose the banner with a post that I had broken. It read:

Followers of the King to arms, they traitors have to be dealt with

There was a snake drawn at each side of the sentence.

I took the posts off the banner and rolled it together into a bundle, then I rushed back to the main street to find others already waiting for me.

"I didn't find much only this" I unrolled the old banner in front of them.

"So what do you make of it, lads?"

OOC: as there was a sign indicating fort being sabotaged, I thought there could be an uprising, I hope it's okay

The deeper I ventured into the back alleys and secret hideaways of the Fort's surrounding town, the more signs of a battle I found. It looked like a war had taken place there, not touching any main streets, unaware of the people just beyond doors who had to have been eating, as much unaware of the battle outside. I found it just a little odd.

I found a few discarded weapons as well, and picked up a crossbow-much better than the bow, though I kept that as well-and a stack of bolts. I also found a tinderbox, which I transferred into the pack of food between my cape and back.

The third thing I found was a message. On it was written:

The King's men have found us. We start tonight.

On the sides of the paper it was written on was a picture of gutted snake, purple blood flowing from it.

I walked back early, knowing if I didn't I would get lost or worse. When I got back, I found Archimage there. His pack was fuller than before, but when I asked him what he had found, he only shrugged and said that he would have to show us, he couldn't explain it.

Ooc:We should wait to find out what Hawks brought back before we discuss the uprising. Archimage probably found a suspicious building though.

As I wandered I noticed definite signs of a fight. It seemed many innocents had been involved, but somehow all the bodies had vanished. I did find a shield, painted with a rearing serpent. I didn't much care for the decoration, but an ugly shield was better than nothing. Upon further exploration of the alleyway, I found a cache of discarded or captured weapons, including a few light swords with sheaths. I discarded my current sword and took two of the short swords and a long sword. I noted that there were a lot of useful supplies, including caltrops and bags of what I suspected were darkness powder. Remembering the place, I returned to the entrance, bearing the shield.

"I found a cache of weapons, this shield was at the front of it. It seemed somewhat suspicious, I think there was a large battle, possibly an uprising of the common folk against the ruler of this town. It seems many innocents were dragged into the conflict as well, either by being forced to pay protection fees and provide shelter for these uprisers, or in being there when the conflict started. Many may have known too much... But they all vanished, not even a trace of blood, although outside that can be explained by rain and scavengers..."

We decided that there had to have been an uprising of some kind, and the king was gotten rid of. However, that didn't explain why there was no evidence of it-until Archimage showed us what he had found.

Immediately, I felt the familiar wave of magic wash over me. It was more tangible than anything I had ever felt, even when I had touched the source of all magic on my own world. It was...incredible. I felt that it was comprised of the ability to teleport massive amounts of people, massive amounts of anything, enough to cover an entire world! It felt like the portal blade, but much more dangerous, and much more powerful.

It was a stone.

Archimage brought us a stone. When it came near, I could tell something wasn't right about it.

"So this rock drove them all to kill their king? What are we betting this on, aliens, ancient civilizations?"