Tyler's party

Tesset

"I totally forgot about archery. Tyler, are you any good at swordfighting? We still need some money and I think we could get it by stage fighting in the streets and whatnot. We might gain some future customers too. I'll check to see if there's any sort of regulations regarding that tomorrow."

OOC: Same here, I think our weirdest classes are Ceramics and Ag Business. We only have 2 foreign languages, German & Spanish.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well, no. I'm not good at fighting unless it's with a crossbow an bolts." I said. "The stuff I'm wearing is some of the best rangers can use. Actually, the only reason I can do the magic of this world is because of Lucien. After I touched the Stone of Jas, it unlocked something in me that sparked my knowledge of magic. So I spent quite a few months solely learning how runes worked together so I could build the Portal Blade, and consequently I learned other things. Only because magic is so similar on Rusco and Gielinor could I do anything without a book of prewritten spells. Well, I guess that's not entirely true, I'm not horrible with a sword, but I wouldn't be up to a challenge from anyone. Plus, I just suck at fighting any people anyway, for whatever reason. As we said on Runescape, 'I suck at pvp.'"

I tossed Mr. Kay the bow and arrows I had and picked up the crossbow from the fort. "I really only needed that to light fires anyway. As long as someone has it, we'll be ok."

"Anyway, for money..." I picked up the etchings I had been working on. "I figure we could do something like this."

I pressed the two sides together, locking a single bolt between them. It quickly turned to gold, head to feathers, shining dimly in the light. "It's not pure, but I never could stand the time and practice it would take to make pure gold. Runes are just too expensive to waste like that."

Ooc:I love how you guys started posting again on the day I was gone for speech. But, yeah, I have speech every Tuesday, so I can't post on Tuesdays because I don't make it home until 8:45. Also, back with the story, I think that gold made in this way will probably be cheaper because it's easy to do.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

"I don't want to get in trouble for selling off impure gold, but it sounds good. Should we find a forge and sell them? And how many do you think you can make, and from what raw materials? We could buy coal, and make a killing..."

"But I also stand by eventually building some sort of school for the arts of swordplay, archery, and magic."

"Well...I can make anything into gold." I said. "It's called High Alchemy, and it just converts objects into gold. I actually think a school would be a better idea-if no one knows about alchemy, someone will come wondering how we do it, and if someone does they might not want us to, or something else might happen. Besides that, I think we should find out what happened to the people in Fort Locksmeed and Malburg's Inn, why there is only people in this town. I think tomorrow, one of you, probably Mr. Kay, should gather that information, and the other should find out how we would go about starting a school-dojo-thing. I'm going to see if I can find another wizard who can explain glyphs better than this book. I've done about all I can do with it, and that's not nearly enough to get me home."

I left right after Mr. Kay did, leaving Tyler to look for a mage who knew something about the magic here. I headed through town, towards the most 'official' looking building. I was right, it was the town hall, where I should find what I needed, knowledge about the regulations of class schools and selling things.

"Hello, I was wondering if there were regulations on setting up schools or shops/traveling salesmen?"

"That'd be Floor 2, Room 3. Minister of Trade and Schooling."

"Thank you," I said as I climbed up the stairs to the right of the desk.

I knocked on the third door and a voice said, "Come in."

"Hello, my name is Hawks. I was wondering if there were specific regulations on setting up training schools or shops and traveling/wandering salesmen?"

"In order to set up a school you need to fill out a written permit request, and a teaching qualifications cert request for each person wishing to be an instructor. For selling things, you need a guild membership in the type of good, and for a wanderer, you also need a local permit."

"Thanks. Could I get the name and location of the local gold-merchants' guild and the school permit form, plus three teaching qualification request forms?"

"The gold guild is known as 'Gelderan', it is on Star Avenue, should be Building 3. Here are the forms," he pulled out four middle-sized sheaves of paper from a cabinet.

"One more question, I notice it says 'Education' on these forms. My colleagues and I happen to be from faraway places, what should we put for that, are you expecting some local instructor's name?"

"You may get a refresher course from a local instructor or have them fill out this section," he said, pointing. "It will show that you have sufficient mastery to teach others in the skill."

"Thanks. I suppose I could bother you to find the best magic, martial arts, and archery instructors in town?"

"I am here to provide information. Your mage is Galende Mu, martial fighter Alix Scheafer, and archer Kyl Alekson."

"Danke schoen,"

"Bitte."

I left with my new knowledge, hoping to find Tyler in the streets and save him some time looking for a mage. As luck would have it, I found him shortly after exiting the building.

"Tyler! I found the 'best' mage in town, according to the Minister of such-and-such. His name is Galende Mu... Heh, Mage Mu. His school should be on Star Avenue, Building 7, I think, according to the map. Have you seen Mr. Kay?"

He replied with a no but thanked me for saving him some time and headed off to Mu's school. I returned to the Inn, where I waited and filled out most of my form.

[placeholder so I remember to make the form]

OOC: Chronicle your adventures in the hour prior to our meeting up again, then offer whatever on the forms.

I arrived back to the Inn to find Tyler and Mr. Kay waiting for me.

"Here's the form. I need a last name for you, Tyler, and a first for you, Mr. Kay. Also we each have to fill out the forms for an Instructor's Cert, here're the forms for that," I said as I handed them to Tyler and Mr. Kay.

"Also, does anyone have an idea for a name for the school? And what you're going to or what we should teach/offer."

Class School Permit Request ~ For the City of Silvero, Cavensburg County, Rusco

Request Date: Oktober the 12th, 1412

School Type: (X) Martial (X) Magic (X) Archery ( ) Scribe ( ) Tailor (X) Other (specify: English tutoring)

Name of Instructor(s): Hawks Uluthar, Tyler , Mr. Kay

Are the instructor(s) currently in possession of a valid Instructors Cert?: No

If not, have they filed requests? Yes

Instructors Cert File Number(s): 42-42-91, 42-42-92, 42-42-93.

Instructor(s) planned specialty:

Uluthar: Martial Arts/Sword

: Magic

Kay: Archery

Planned site/location: Silvero

Ideal name:

Special requirements: Help finding a location, if possible loan.

Planned curriculum:

Basic to Advanced Sword Skills

Martial Defense Skills

Basic Martial Arts Fighting

Beginner to Advanced English Classes/Tutoring

Additional information:

[spoiler=Hawks' Unfinished Instructor Cert Form]

Instructors Cert Request ~ Cavensburg County, Rusco

Date Filed: Oktober the 12th, 1412

Cert Request Number: 42-42-91

Instruction Request Type: English and Martial Arts/Swordfighting

Instructors Name: Hawks Uluthar

Physical Description: 6, 142lb. Shaggy orange hair, short goatee, green eyes. Generally dressed in shirt and shorts. Ears are pierced.

Physical Fitness: Very good.

Instructor(s): None in Cavensburg County.

Instructors Confirmation(s):

[spoiler=Blank Instructor Cert Form - Tyler 42-42-92, Mr. Kay 42-42-93]

Instruction Request Type:

Instructors Name:

Physical Description:

Physical Fitness:

Instructor(s):

I walked off to Star Avenue after meeting Hawks. A short search found me building 7, a short thing with a strong feeling of magic coming from it. I made sure I had my book, and went in.

"Hello?" I called. A...thing...came to greet me. The easiest way to describe it would be as a minotaur, though that would be probably the most inaccurate statement I've ever made. "Do you speak English, by any chance? I'm looking for Galende Mu."

"What, that didn't scare you at all?" The thing said. It quickly morphed into a more mundane person, the stereotypical mage of my world. "I am Mage Mu. What might I help you with?"

"Ah, a great pleasure to meet you. I have a large favor to ask. Perhaps we could sit down somewhere, where I might tell you what I need, and why?"

"Right, right." He said. Two sheets of paper appeared from nowhere in his hands, and he pressed them together between his palms. From a distant kitchen came the sounds of a tea being prepared. "This way."

After half an hour, I had told my story. Not the truth of course-I'm not sure why I ever told Hawks and Mr. Kay, but it was too late for that, and he agreed to help me. I showed him the book, and he sketched a glyph on it, telling me that would repair it through the night. He then gave me a small test-it involved creating a fireball, which was easy enough, and the making it hit a specific target and explode to hit other targets-much harder. I finished it in fifteen minutes, apparently very quickly, but I spent most of the time going through the book looking for the glyphs, so I can't think it would be that difficult, and he showed me a few things about the glyphs, more efficient ways to string them together and what a few of the terms in the book meant. Finally, I told him that I had to leave, and he told me to come back tomorrow for a more in depth lesson with the full book.

Back at the Inn, I found Mr. Kay already there, and Hawks walked in as I got settled.

"Here's the form. I need a last name for you, Tyler, and a first for you, Mr. Kay. Also we each have to fill out the forms for an Instructor's Cert, here're the forms for that. Also, does anyone have an idea for a name for the school? And what you're going to or what we should teach/offer." He said.

"A last name...well, I guess I don't have one. Everyone really just calls me Tyler, and my full name is just Tylerelyt. I don't know what to say there." I said, filling out the form. "Plus, I don't know if I should really teach Magic. I can write spells, but this is a whole new form, not related to what I know. I just don't know much at all outside of writing these things."

Ooc:

[spoiler=My form]

Cert Request Number: 42-42-92

Instruction Request Type:Magic.

Instructors Name: Tylerelyt

Physical Description:6 feet,185 lbs. Black short hair, short beard.

Physical Fitness:Good.

Instructor(s):Galende Mu

I had left to speak to the citizens of Silvero and find some info on the Fort. I saw a friendly looking Merchant on a sidestreet and headed off to ask him some questions.

"Guten Morgen!"

"Guten Morgen, sprechen Sie English?"

"Ja, a little"

"Thank you, could you tell me what happened to the citizens of Fort Locksmeade and Malburg's Inn? Oh and also what date and year is it today?"

"Wie bitte? Has anything happened to them?! Last I heard they just had elections of the new Fort-oberst coming up. Und Malburg's Inn is just a prosperous Inn. Nothing has happened as far as I know, or have you heard anything? And it's 12th of Oktober, 1412."

"No... er just, not many people live in the Fort do they?"

"No, not like that at all, there are many people in the Fort. You're not from around here are you?"

"Indeed I'm not."

I stopped for a second and thought. When we were in the Fort no people were there, I'm sure I wasn't making it up, Ty and Hawkxs where there as well. But maybe that teleportation...? Or the light?

"One more thing, did you see a bright light about 2 days ago, it was brighter than the sun?"

"Sorry, what? No light was here, are you just teasing me or something?"

"No not at all, Thank you for your time."

I left the merchant deeply in thoughts. How come they didn't see it? How couldn't we see any citizens in the Fort. I went back to the Inn and found out that Hawxs needed us to find Instructors for us to be able to start a school. I had to find someone named Kyl Alekson. His office was on the Star Avenue (hell of a long street indeed) and he turned out to be a good chap and immideately gave me the signature after I showed him a couple of shots with the bow that Tyler had given me.

Instruction Request Type: Archer

Instructors Name: Mr. Mark Kay

Physical Description: 178cm, 70kg, average build, short white beard, medium white hair

Physical Fitness: Good but getting weary

Instructor(s): Kyl Alekson

Instructors Confirmation(s): (signature)

I was quite surprised that we ran into so few problems. It seemed that most people knew at least a little English, those in the bureaucracy must be required to speak it fluently. Noticing that it was nearly nightfall, I suggested that we head downstairs to get something to eat and then turn in for the night. Not wanting to overstep our welcome, I asked the innkeep if there was something else we could do to earn our room and board. He first asked if we played anything and I said no, although we were skilled in other occupations, none suited to entertaining in a bar though. He pondered and offered to let us keep and serve; I suggested this to Tyler and Mr. Kay, and they agreed as long as we switched places every now and then. The innkeep retired to his chair in front of the hearth to keep a watchful eye on us as we did his work for the night.

It was nearly midnight when he arose and the patrons began clearing out. We had eaten a fair bit, and sampled the ale, although he did not seem to mind much.

"You kept it as well up as I could have, thank'ee much." he seemed trained in your 'classical' style English, it was a bit of a comfort to me, and I would imagine Tyler and Mr. Kay as well, knowing a bit about where they were from. "You've earned your keep, if you'd like to do it again, I could mebbe pay you some too. It'd not be much, but to travellers I know it's welcome."

I said we'd be glad to work for him again but for now we had to get to bed.

I climbed into the bed and thought about what I would do tomorrow. I had to get a signature from this Alix guy, and turn in our paperwork.

I woke up early, Mr. Kay and Tyler were still in bed. I grabbed the sword from where it had laid for the past day, on the table. I checked my face in the mirror, I could use a shave, sadly the inn had not provided a razor so I couldn't do anything about it. I belted the sword around my chest, my preferred way of carrying them unless there was a need otherwise.

I headed down the road (for reference, the Inn was at Six Roek Street) to pass the assessor's office and the town hall. Turning left onto the aptly named Blok Street, I was faced with many square buildings made of stone, somewhat unusual in this time period. The building at 'Seven' was adorned with a largish mural displaying a fighter in various poses. The sign on the door said Alix Scheafer, Knight of the Realm, Master of Swordsmanship.

I entered the door to find a well-made, almost perfectly styled Japanese dojo, down to the mats on the floor. Finding a set of cubbyholes along the entryway, I took off my shoes and removed the sword, setting it along the top of the cubbyholes and placing my shoes in one.

A muscular man of average height approached me. He wore loose pants belted with a striped sort of martial arts belt, no shoes or socks, and no shirt.

"Hallo, ich heisse Alix, oder Master Scheafer, oder Master Alix."

"Ich heisse Hawk Uluthar. Koennen wir in Englisch sprechen?"

"Ja, of course. Why have you come to my humble school of swordsmanship and other such things?"

"I am looking into getting an instructor's certificate, but I have come from far away and my trainer is unknown here. Thusly I have come to you for the obligatory signature on this form." I vaguely gestured with the form, and he took it from my hand.

"So in both swordsmanship and the martial defense arts? Were you trained in a specific school of either?"

"You could say that. In the sword I followed for the most part a man named Musashi's teachings, learning other bits along the way. In martial arts I learned tae kwon do, judo, and kendo with a bit of karate thrown in."

"This man, Musashi, you say, is he well known in your area of the world?"

"Yes, he is more of a historical figure though. He died over a hundred years ago. I followed the ideas he taught his students which where passed on in writings and so on."

"Enough. Shall we dance, to quote an English idiom?"

"Surely. I have a rather old, albeit steel sword in the entry, would you like me to get it?"

"Nein. Here, take this," he took a wooden sword from a rack and roughly tossed it to me. I caught it by the hilt, assuming a ready stance.

He came at me fast, I blocked it. In return I tried to strike his legs, he spun to kick at me, I caught it with the sword. Seeing he was going to go all out, I prepared to do the same. He lunged at my head, I ducked and kicked out at his torso. In what I might call a Matrix move, he slid backwards to avoid my kick. I leaped forward to strike at his shoulder and slid right at the same time to avoid his left hand at my face. I slashed out with the sword again, this time at his knees. I hit with a clack, but he didn't move at all except to strike back at my shoulder, which he hit. And it stung. My left arm hanging loosely at my side, I worked to regain feeling, and lashed out in a roundhouse kick aimed at his sword arm. My socked foot struck the hilt squarely, I managed to loosen his grasp then I hit with my sword, knocking it from his grip. The sword hit the tatami-coated floor with a clatter.

It had been but a few minutes, but we were both breathing hard. I had not actually fought in a while. It had been a good battle, in the end I'm fairly sure he let go to end it, he had seen enough. I came out of my thoughts to notice that he had gone to the only table in the place and was signing my paper with an old-fashioned quill pen. I picked up the other sword and placed both back in the rack.

"Here. You have certainly shown you are knowledgeable enough in my area of expertise to teach others. I notice you have English on this as well. I have a valid Cert in that, shall I sign it for you?"

"That would be wonderful, yes."

"There here you are." He finished the statement with a flourish.

"Danke schoen."

"Bitte. If you ever are at a need of a place to teach, I would accept you here."

"Thank you, I might take you up on that."

I turned and left to return to the Inn. I had to pick up the rest of the paperwork and preferably leave the sword there.

I awoke to find the other two gone. I yawned, pulled on my clothes, and looked at myself in the mirror as I donned my helmet, thinking of the dream I had had.

Lucien had survived, made his way to god-dom through Guthix, killed Saradomin and Armadyl, and proceeded to destroy everyone, while I looked in from the side of a portal in this world. I shuddered at the thought, remembering how important it was for me to return to my world. I trimmed up my beard with a bolt from my crossbow, then headed out towards Star Avenue. The bell tinkled again as I walked in. This time it was a skeleton, though not of a human or any animal I had ever heard of or seen, that greeted me, bones blackened as if burnt with bits of skin hanging off in strips, most fused with bits of clothing.

"This one is much more detailed." I commented approvingly.

"Wer ist dort?" the voice of the mage called from the other room. I jumped, realizing the thing in front of me wasn't him. He walked in laughing. "Got you that time." He said.

"That you did." I said. "Is this another person, or is it fake?"

"It's my assistant. He died in an explosion a couple months ago, but he was carrying a spell that made him like this. I told him not to, but he didn't listen." We went back to the room we had been in, and we spent a good two hours of him teaching me how to work with the glyphs. At the end I asked him how he spoke English so well.

"I actually don't speak English at all." He said, pulling a pendant from around his neck. "This has a few spells built into it, one of which lets me speak a language that you automatically convert into your native language, as well as understand any language."

"So, do you think you could show me how to build one of those? That would help a lot, breaking any language barrier."

"No. I want you to pay me, for both the lessons and for this if you want it, before I do anything else for you." He said.

I sighed. I figured it wouldn't be free, but I had hope my story would persuade him. I pulled out the spell I had built to convert things to gold. "Do you have anything you don't want?" I said. "Or at least that you don't care about?"

He walked to the window, grabbed a leaf, and gave it to me. I pressed it between the stones, and handed it back to him, in gold form. He gasped.

"I will give you a copy of this spell, tomorrow, as well as that leaf today, if you give me a copy of that spell. Just don't use the spell to much, or gold will become a lot cheaper." I said.

"This-this is impossible!" He said. "Magic can't do this!" He pulled out a pen and paper, wrote down a few glyph notations in a particular order, and handed it to me. "That is the language spell. Be sure to bring your spell tomorrow."

I walked back to the Inn. On the wall outside of it, I saw a poster advertising a tournament the next day. I decided to tell the others about it, it looked like it had a very good prize. However no one was in the room when I walked in, so I went downstairs, and helped serve lunch to the patrons for awhile. The Innkeeper handed me a few coppers with a word of thanks, and I went back to our room, made a copy of the High Alchemy spell, with slight modifications to hide what the exact glyphs required were, and started to work on the language spell while I waited for the other two.

When I reached the Inn, lunch had been served. I headed upstairs hurriedly to get the paperwork and return to the town hall. As I ran up the stairs I noticed a poster, in German of course, mentioning a tourney the following day. I wasn't sure on the details though.

Entering the room I found Tyler examining a small copper coin. "I helped with lunch today, he gave me three of these. They've got an interesting mint mark on them."

I asked if he had noticed the poster, and he proclaimed yes, and he thought we should enter it. I said I wasn't sure of the details, if there was a cost or what sorts of competitions there would be, but I was going to the hall and they'd probably know. Tyler agreed that we should discuss it when Mr. Kay came back.

I left again to the town hall. I headed up to the third room on the second floor, and knocked, then entered.

"Hallo, was kann ich mit Sie hilfen?"

"I have some paperwork to apply for certs and a school permit." I said as I handed him the stack of papers.

"It looks in order. I shall review this tonight, would you like to come back tomorrow and hopefully pick up the permit and certs?"

"Yes, that would be good. I was wondering if you knew anything about a tournament tomorrow?"

"There should be leaflets in both English and German downstairs, ask Herr Kaen, at the front desk."

"Thank you." I said and left.

In the entry hall a middle-aged man sat at a desk next to some shelves of leaflets with large posters on the wall. I located the poster for the tourney and picked up the English version. I noticed that in addition to German there appeared to be what I thought was Russian. I hurried back to the Inn while reading it. I learned you had to have your own equipment, and that there was no cost to sign up but you did have to register prior to the event starting. It would begin at 9:00 AM sharp on the 14th, at the 'old parade grounds on Roek Street'. As I came up the street I did notice the parade grounds, they were just down the road from the Inn, and a few people were milling about and putting up carts and stands and tents. I spoke to one man, he said that I could probably register tomorrow morning as long as I got there early enough.

I turned around and went to our room in the Inn, it was around 4 and Tyler was copying a spell. Mr. Kay was yet to be seen, so I set the flyer on the table and took the sword from its sheath with a flourish. The sword was suitable for a hand-and-a-half sword for a man of my height, and was in decent condition. It ought to be oiled though, so I asked Tyler for a copper. He gestured to take them, and I took one, hoping to find a bottle of oil that was also suitable for use on the bow in the corner.

Next door was a small general store. I went in and quickly found a bottle of linseed oil, it seemed like six or so ounces, and a couple of smallish cotton rags. The shopkeep gladly took the copper, his store didn't look like it was doing the best. I went back to the room and oiled the sword to a perfect sheen, removing the small spots of rust that had begun to gather on the sword. I left it out of the sheath on the dresser and set the oil and the rags on the table for later use.

I heard a bustle downstairs, so I headed to see if he could use my help. For the evening, I kept the bar and was apparently pretty entertaining as people tipped me quite well. By the end, I had seen Mr. Kay come in, and I had made a fair number of coppers and a couple silver coins. I wasn't yet sure on the exchange rate, the patrons assured me it was ten though. The barkeep offered me a few more coppers, I refused them, but took the leftovers and some ale up to the room. I placed the coins on the table with the others and we went over the details of the tourney.

I said that I would definitely compete in the swordsmanship competition, and that I felt Mr. Kay ought to do the same in the archery one. There was a combative magic and a 'ingenuity' magic competition as well. The first prize for the fighting competitions was 100 gold pieces, which I felt was a great amount considering the ease with which the coppers changed hands, and the fact that the silver pieces were less common in the bar. The ingenuity magic competition offered 250 gold if you could come up with a truly useful spell. There was a hand to hand combat tourney as well, which I hoped to compete in also.

I finished two of the pendants as Hawks finished explaining. I handed one to Mr. Kay, and slipped the other over my head. "These should let us talk to anyone, no matter what language they speak." I explained. "I'm working on a third for you Hawks, but I ran out of yarn. Anyway, I think I'm going to compete in the mixed style competition that you missed. It's at the top instead of the bottom for some reason. Probably the combat magic one too. I'll see on the ingenuity magic. Anyway, I'm going to go get some yarn to finish these."

I picked up a silver, walked back to the shop where I had gotten the yarn, found the shopkeeper closing up.Upon seeing me, he muttered "Great, the guy who doesn't speak German." In German of course."

"I do now." I said. "Can I get some more yarn?"

He nodded, handed me some yarn, charged me a copper, and handed me my change from the silver. I walked back to the Inn, glad the pendant had worked perfectly.

I walked into the bar again.

That day I had had a long time to find a place for me to teach, most of the vacant rooms/houses were very expensive and I couldn't afford that. Late afternoon I had decided to go back to the Master Archer who had given me permission to start training. He had told me that he also has a place free and I, as a good bowmaster, could earn it if I would win a competition of archer skills coming up in the next few days. I had agreed and also asked permission to train for a bit at the range behind the house. He willingly agreed.

So I came back to the bar and found Tyler and Hawkxs already there. Tyler had made a pendant which would allow us to talk any in language fluently. Awesome!

I went back upstairs to my room to tighten my bow a bit and get a good night sleep.

I woke early the next morning, about six, so I could have some time to do a couple things before the tournament. I quickly scratched out a note for Hawks and Mr. Kay-I was really starting to love that pen-telling them to meet me at the Tournament, and left Hawks's pendant on the table. I walked quickly to Galende Mu's house once more, copy of the High Alchemy spell in hand. I walked in to his assistant again, said hello, and asked if I could see Mage Mu. He went and got him, and I gave him his spell. He took a leaf and tested it, squealing with delight at the sound of it hitting the ground. He thanked me profusely, and asked me to come with him, he had made me something.

"I have this spell." He said, handing me a sheet of paper filled with glyph notations. "It's everything you need to take you back to your world. However, it's unfinished. You'll need two things; one is the sequence of glyphs that defines your world, so it can take you back. The second is another glyph. It's a very complex form of the teleportation glyph, sometimes called the world warping glyph. It's forbidden to have, to use, or to know. The last time it was used was in the Rebellion at the Magidom, and it's quite possible that all of the records of it except for the legends were destroyed. I can't give you much else, you are amazingly fast at learning things, and I've taught you everything I can teach you quickly. You can come back whenever you want, however I can't help you build that spell anymore than it has been. Oh, yes; 'W-W' is the world warping glyph's notation, because it doesn't have a better one."

I stood staring at the sheet of paper, slightly in awe. I could tell that the only thing difficult about it would be writing it-and getting the other glyphs-but it would have taken years to compose. "Thank you so much. You don't know how much this means to me."

"It's nothing. You don't know how much your spell means to me. To the spell making world. making something into something else-we never though it was possible. Anyway, see you at the tournament."

He smiled at me as I left, his assistant showing me the way out. "Good luck," It-he-said, in his weird skeletal way.

I registered myself at the tournament desk in all three I had been considering, then stretched a little. I had been told the intellectual spelling would go first, and I knew what I would do there. After I had stretched, I sat down and wrote out the glyphs for another transmogrification spell, but instead of gold I transformed it into water, which was quite a bit simpler. At that point, Hawks and Mr. Kay found me, and we conversed a little-I kept my new spell to myself-then they went to the stands and I went to the ring as we the first competition's start was called.

The announcer called people up in alphabetical order. There were some pretty amazing spells; one made the announcer's skin turn the various shades of Rusco's people very quickly over a five minute span, apparently with no side effects, though it was quite draining on the caster. Finally, he called me up. I looked around, saw a tree hanging down, and pulled a dead branch from it. I wrapped the paper with the glyphs on it around the branch, and threw the branch at the announcer. It sped through the air, dissolving into water molecules as it did so and spraying him full on in the face. The crowd immediately started laughing-the announcer seemed to be a pretty popular guy in Silvero-but I heard some definite gasps from the other contestants, and the judges looked at each other excitedly. I walked out of the ring, and watched the final contestants' sad looks at what they knew was their loss. Finally, the best three were called up, and I was given the 250 gold pieces. The color changing guy got second, and after looking at his spell I knew he really should have won, so I handed him twenty five gold coins and told him that he really should have won, if I hadn't been there. I went over to Hawks and Mr. Kay and handed them 75 gold coins each, before the next competition was called, the mixed fighting.

That part of the tournament was a little different. We were each given a wristband with glyphs around it, and told to go all out, as it wouldn't do any damage, just pain while we were in the ring. We also were set in a different ring, this one made out of glyphs. I soon found that whatever I did wouldn't even draw blood, so I didn't hold back. I made it to the final round, and was faced against a man wearing nothing but a pair of very short shorts, almost like underwear, and seeming uncomfortable in that. I heard whispers of Pawya from the crowd as we faced each other. He held his sword, hilt made to resemble a serpent, easily in his hand as he bounced lightly in readiness.

"FIGHT!" The announcer yelled from just outside the ring. Immediately, my opponent jumped forward, slashing down on my head. I dodged out of the way just in time, the blade catching the side of my arm all the way down. I pulled a bolt out of my quiver at my hip, but again had to jump out of the way as he swung again, even faster this time, and brought his sword up again. It caught the front of my nose, and I careened to the side by instinct.

"Are you really this easy?" He muttered under his breath.

"No. No I'm not." I replied. I slammed the bolt into the crossbow and pulled back the string, dodging to the side again as he swung. He turned to face me, and I fired, a shot straight into his heart. His sword caught it easily and it bounced harmlessly to the side as he swung again, faster than I could even throw a dart-and that's pretty fast. He caught me on the arm again, and it went limp from pain, however I ignored it and swung up with my left hand to catch him full on in the face. Instead, I brought my hand down on the hilt of his sword and knocked it loose from his grasp, kicking across the ring where it was stopped by the glyphs. I no longer had the use of my right hand, and thus my crossbow, which lay on the ground where I had dropped, so I shot an elbow across his neck with my left as he brought a punch into his stomach, sending us staggering away from each other to opposite sides of the ring, him to his sword and me to the wall that was the spell. Seemingly without effort or though, he picked up his sword and came at me again, even quicker this time. I scratched half a glyph onto the ground before he was on me, slicing down onto my neck. I rolled away, and finished the first glyph from where I lay on the ground. He stabbed this time, but I tripped him before his sword could spear me. He some how miraculously missed hitting the glyph, and made the fatal mistake of getting up, which gave me the time to finish the spell. Fire blasted him, searing my eyes and bringing gasps from the onlookers. Suddenly, the sword was on me, cutting down my neck in horribly firey pain as he apparently didn't experience any from the fire that covered his whole body. I dropped unconscious screaming a dying man's scream.

I awoke outside the ring, all pain gone. The other man stood over me, and helped me up. I notice he carried a bag of coins on his belt. "How do you know my language?" He asked. "And why do you reply in a different language than I talk to you in."

"I'm just that good." I said.

"Whatever. I hear you need the world warping glyph. I can show you it. But we must go now." He said, and started to run off.

"Wait!" I yelled, taking off after him. "How do you know I need that glyph? And how do you know it? Stop!" He just kept on running, and I chased after him. He stopped outside a nondescript house, and shoved me inside as I opened my mouth to ask again my questions. He closed the door behind him and scratched a single line into a piece of paper on the wall. The room lit up as hundreds of glyphs activated in a way I hadn't seen yet. I quickly looked at the piece of paper, and recognized it as the teleportation glyph before the paper burnt up, and I felt us sliding off. The doorknob rattled and the door flung open as we left the area. A band of naked men and women, all wielding every kind of weapon imaginable with looks of murder on their faces, stormed in from outside, and the last thing I saw there was the room exploding, thousands of glyphs and no doubt months of work destroyed in seconds. We appeared again in another house, much the same looking, but before I could look around at the glyphs I was shoved outside into blinding sun.

"This is the one." The winner of the competition said to two awaiting people. "He also understands my language, but doesn't speak it."

Both of the awaiting men were naked, and as I looked over at the man who had brought me here, I noticed he also had shed his shorts. They all wore a belt with various weapons strapped to them, the two new people with significantly more than the first man.

"Right," Said the taller man of the two. His skin was blue, like some of the people in Silvero had been, however it was a lighter blue and the other two only had normal colored skin. "Just use this language. Good job Rarick. You shall be greatly rewarded. As for you-" He turned to me. "We may be able to help you with that glyph. But you have to help us first."

Ooc:I'm no longer in Silvero, obviously. If you two still want to use my topic, go ahead, but I'm not with you any more, so it might be better if you move to one of your topics.

[hide=My approximate location]mapn.png[/hide]