Hegemony-V2 begins page 302

fastortoise

Thing is, nowadays we have strict medical advice to make sure we stay on an antibiotic course.

In those times, they would start feeling better and stop using them, allowing the bacteria to become immune.

Anyways, whats all this about claiming cultures? Just make your own.

I also think we should stick to one continent so people aren't seperated from the rest of the game.

As for the research problem, thing is, we're so limited on the possible things we can research, that it would end up being whoever starts their research first basically wins. If you can think of a solution to that, I'd be very grateful.

2Xeo5.png

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wisp

• Nero

• Seraphi

• archimage_a

A topographic world map? Couldn't we use a blank one?

This one also shows mountains etc. which should come into play. Also it is at such a large size that it is very easy to edit But I am almost definitely going to get over ruled on what map we use.

LNYvk.png

Dusty, not to start an argument, but I have been researching my recently announced tech for some time now, being recognized as "neutron observation" and use of the LHC built a week or two ago. So I think my last post was within reason. I designed my country to turn on a dime into a military nation, I just really didn't want it to come to that.

Seeing all of this discussion of the Mideval thread has got me thinking. Some "tribes" or "civilizations" are going to be a hell of a lot better prepared (advanced) than others. Despite it's complications, I for one think it'd be better to just randomize a map, then custom build our own cultures. Similiar to Age of Empires. This would take much more time and effort, but in return it'd be much more fun than replaying history over and over. I withdraw my will to play as the Native Americans. If my wish is not met, I'll play as the Danes. But I'd prefer an original map setting, with customizable cultures.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Dusty, not to start an argument, but I have been researching my recently announced tech for some time now, being recognized as "neutron observation" and use of the LHC built a week or two ago. So I think my last post was within reason. I designed my country to turn on a dime into a military nation, I just really didn't want it to come to that.

Seeing all of this discussion of the Mideval thread has got me thinking. Some "tribes" or "civilizations" are going to be a hell of a lot better prepared (advanced) than others. Despite it's complications, I for one think it'd be better to just randomize a map, then custom build our own cultures. Similiar to Age of Empires. This would take much more time and effort, but in return it'd be much more fun than replaying history over and over. I withdraw my will to play as the Native Americans. If my wish is not met, I'll play as the Danes. But I'd prefer an original map setting, with customizable cultures.

Actually we wont be replaying history for one thing we are all starting on a level playing field its how we take it from there is what matters (well in terms of population) Also with a little research you can find a good place to start resource wise just about anywhere.

LNYvk.png

I wanted a randomised map too, but for some reason they insisted on keeping Earth.

Really, why can't we just create a new world with one large continent which every player starts on, take the cultures from Earth and put them into th is new world.

That would mean it truly is a level playing field.

2Xeo5.png

Ross, we already have that, and if we all start at the same time, it doesn't matter.

I will be a Mongol tribe left over from the Hun Empire in what is now Ukraine.

The Huns and Mongols are two different tribes.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Actually we wont be replaying history for one thing we are all starting on a level playing field its how we take it from there is what matters (well in terms of population) Also with a little research you can find a good place to start resource wise just about anywhere.

But certain countries will have more resources than they know what to do with, where others won't have any. Ever wonder why the Vikings travelled everywhere and piliged everything? Because their homeland sucked. A lot. Their homeland couldn't support any agricultural growth, nor was the temperature all that bearable. So they went around Europe taking other people's land and resources. The Natives (America)? They had more resources than they knew what to do with, so they never left. They were content where they were, and never had the urge to explore. Meanwhile, otehr European things were so close together that they started having conflicting opinions on very trivial matters, and began to slaughter each other. This eventually lead to such atrocities as the Crusades.

There's no reason why with the real map, that History won't repeat itself damn near exactly.

Somehow, you guys posted 5 times in the time it took me to post 1.

Anyway, I'm all for the Pangea map. It's basically the same principle as the Age of Empires map, which was my suggestion. Now to custom build an entire culture :evillaugh:

Pangea_pl_gi_ubt.png

I prefer this. I don't like the topigraphical thing too much for actual representation of borders. For reference it's great though. Grim's can be used as a geographic map for resources.

Pangea_pl_gi_ubt.png

I prefer this. I don't like the topigraphical thing too much for actual representation of borders. For reference it's great though. Grim's can be used as a geographic map for resources.

The style of that map is good, but it needs to be a little more diverse like how grim's is (i.e. more unique landmasses etc.)

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Well we can always edit it and add an island or two. I did it for the Zhoeruc map, I, or anyone really could do it fo rthe Pangea map.

mapeg.png

If we're using this map, then I want to settle here. I would still prefer some additional, unique land masses being added in close proximity to the big landmass, though. Right now, the map's pretty dull.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

mapeg.png

If we're using this map, then I want to settle here. I would still prefer some additional, unique land masses being added in close proximity to the big landmass, though. Right now, the map's pretty dull.

I really like this map too, but for the sake of borders there needs to be a "flat" version.

TUBULAR BELLS!

mapeg.png

I really like this map too, but for the sake of borders there needs to be a "flat" version.

And this is why I wanted to stick with earth... Regardless I would say that the non "flat" version would work just as well if not better as it is going to be alot more fluid.

LNYvk.png

Hmm...okay I'll live with that map. But does that mean we have 100,000,000 BC techology?

no we are essentially transplanting cultures onto it. Also I would like to propose that each culture keeps two attributes that are unique to them.

LNYvk.png

Oh I see. But is there a techology-cap/starting point?

In that case, I'll start writing about my upcoming nation. :-P

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg