Hegemony-V2 begins page 302

fastortoise

What with all this war talk going on, we're quintupling money going into missile defense, and are putting our new targeting systems into all existing defense units. In a few years our Missile shields will be almost impenetrable. Also, we've finished modernizing all military funded satellites with the same technology.

understandable, but i have a question, if you feel like telling me; how do missile shields work? just target them and send another missile to intercept them?

im not looking for a way through it. im just curious.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wisp

• Nero

• Seraphi

• archimage_a

Some work like that. Some use lasers. Mine is a two tiered system, the first being lasers, and if it gets past that, it's something that would be considered missiles, though they're technically not.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

With the declaration of war, Brazilian troops have helped Norway secure all of it's borders. Unless indy has anything against that.

More troops are always appreciated, and I will reimburse you for the cost of the troops here. Norway is still pretty heavy on money, not so much on population.

Because of the huge fighting going on around, I guess I should give an update on my military. First, a quote from me 5 years into the game:

First and foremost the extra military spending Norway put aside in the first year of my rule has finally paid off. While some spending was used to increase the active manpower of the military, the rest was undisclosed. Since then Norway has been developing advanced unmanned aircraft. 5 years later the nation of Norway has 5 Unmanned Stealth Bombers, 15 Unmanned Anti-aircraft Fighters and 25 Unmanned Drones (mostly for recon, though they can be used "suicidally" if need be). The thoughts behind unmanned aircraft is keeping morale up of troops in case Norway ever has to go to war, which we don't want to.

I never cut spending since then, and have been continuing to build these advanced unmanned aircraft. I haven't increased spending though either. So 15 years later I have a total of 20 Unmanned Stealth Bombers, 60 Unmanned Anti-aircraft Fighters and 100 Unmanned Drones. Most of the costs in those first 5 years went to R&D rather than production, so the R&D funds transferred to keeping more active personnel. There are now 30,000 active military troops with 160,000 in reserve.

In other military news that may not have been figured as being military, my space program has continued launching satellites that have an unknown use. There are now 20 satellites in geosynchronous orbit over Norway, which are much, much bigger than normal satellites. The purpose of the satellites are to deter against invasion. Basically they are just mass, in case of an invasion that looks hopeless to deter (which should not be a problem with one of the best military in the world backing me up) Norway will adopt a scorched earth policy. There are enough satellites to destroy all the major cities in Norway as well as create a dust cloud that will cover a good deal of Europe and Northern Asia. So yeah, attacking me would be in no-ones best interest, especially because I have no plans to expand anywhere.

Good to hear some are interested in buying the new space craft that are capable of travel in this solar system very well. The citizens of Norway are especially happy because of the space program actually looking like it can make money eventually.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Just saying, why should we trust that the governments of Deutschland and Russia won't declare war on us and give us our spot in the world after they conquer most of Europe and Asia?

Germany has been isolated from the start and has never offered to build ties with Britannia. We tend to not care about the affairs of Russia or Germany, but rather our own. We have no objective to attack Germany or Russia (or any nations in Asia/East Europe), not out of fear, but out of apathy. We will not interfere with your war unless hostilities from your respective governments spill over onto our soil.

The military will continue its growth. Britannia shall further its militarisation and catch up with the other superpowers strength-wise. The borders will continue to be strengthened for the sole purpose of defence.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Just saying, why should we trust that the governments of Deutschland and Russia won't declare war on us and give us our spot in the world after they conquer most of Europe and Asia?

Germany has been isolated from the start and has never offered to build ties with Britannia. We tend to not care about the affairs of Russia or Germany, but rather our own. We have no objective to attack Germany or Russia (or any nations in Asia/East Europe), not out of fear, but out of apathy. We will not interfere with your war unless hostilities from your respective governments spill over onto our soil.

There's no guaranteed, granted. However, there's no guarantee that the Brazilian Empire would not have invaded you eventually, or the Iran/Jerusalem/Luxembourg/Venezuela alliance. The whole thread is about politics really, you just have to ride the winds and hope for the best.

However, I would say that you're getting quite a good deal here. Considering that you're coming in around 10 years behind in tech, and have a military strength around 1/20th of what I have, a guarantee of independence is almost unimaginable.

Also, your annexation of Iceland is not going to happen now though, considering my forces are fighting for control of the island right now.

I have little worries about being attacked, as all of my colonies are either in africa, or south america, or orbiting Rigel Kentarus. Large scale invasion would be impossible, or very difficult, and I would say that my military might is atleast equal to that of both russia and germany, so they have nothing to gain by attacking me.

Sere, you have an advantage since you're not attached to the mainland, so it's a bit harder to move troops to attack you, should they decide to do that. If they attack you, you'll just have to fight back or surrender. For now they're not fighting you, so that gives you time to catch up should they ever decide to attack.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

There's no guaranteed, granted. However, there's no guarantee that the Brazilian Empire would not have invaded you eventually, or the Iran/Jerusalem/Luxembourg/Venezuela alliance. The whole thread is about politics really, you just have to ride the winds and hope for the best.

However, I would say that you're getting quite a good deal here. Considering that you're coming in around 10 years behind in tech, and have a military strength around 1/20th of what I have, a guarantee of independence is almost unimaginable.

Also, your annexation of Iceland is not going to happen now though, considering my forces are fighting for control of the island right now.

Considering that we have our own ambitions to make Britannia a legitimate superpower like it once was, we may consider some sort of deal. However, knowing that your politics revolve around deception, we need more benefits brought onto the table. You could have considered a pact similar to one that Germany formed during WWII with Japan, without of course, the deception that you committed against the USSR.

Although some ideas are out on the table, no formal decisions will be made yet.

(By the way, don't you think the leader should be online before you conquer him? It's like fighting someone when they can't command and fight back.)

SWAG

Considering that we have our own ambitions to make Britannia a legitimate superpower like it once was, we may consider some sort of deal. However, knowing that your politics revolve around deception, we need more benefits brought onto the table. You could have considered a pact similar to one that Germany formed during WWII with Japan, without of course, the deception that you committed against the USSR.

Although some ideas are out on the table, no formal decisions will be made yet.

True, and that is quite apparent by your push to bring back the old colonial era United Kingdom, we could talk perhaps. Politics always revolve around deception though; what would be considered a knife in the back in other lines of work are considered a frontal attack in politics. It is unfortunate that such deception happened, but the maskirovka was somewhat necessary to ensure that my military could prepare for war without drawing in too much suspicion.

Contact with other nations to form some sort of rough alliance were also very risky, considering the first peep of it to one of the countries we have attacked would've meant they had time to prepare proper defenses.

However, I did leave quite a few clues lying around for people to find if they looked hard enough. The biggest one was of course the fact that I conscripted 14 million troops into my military, that tensions seemed to rise between me and Russia out of pretty much nowhere (a war over a plane? hehe), the little 'sad' smiley left after I said 50,000 of my troops were lost in a storm (since I had previously stated when me and Somalia had a little fighting that I didn't care much about my citizens at all), and then the final piece was that when I took over Germany I named the leader as Lahtor Field, which actually unscrambles to Adolf Hitler.

(By the way, don't you think the leader should be online before you conquer him? It's like fighting someone when they can't command and fight back.)

I have made no assumptions on whether or not my attacks will succeed, except in the case of non-player occupied countries (since these are stuck 20 years tech behind, and assumed to be at the military strength of the present day IRL - eg. useless to combat the new European superpowers).

That said, I have conquered no-one yet, except parts of Poland (but that was a guarantee as hundreds of thousands of mine and Russia's troops were already in Poland).

I will have fun crossing names out from my signature as they fall, though.

Wow, okay. Germany's been pretty busy in my absense. Yet I saw this coming from a mile away. I had defenses set up on my borders if you hadn't noticed, however the explosions throughout Belgium were unexpected. My latest military sensus (prior to war declaration) looked something like this:

[hide=]750,000 Soldiers, Indian decent, Mozambique

500,000 Soldiers stationed through out Zimbabwe, Luxembourg

30,000 Spec Ops troops stationed in Vatican City area

250,000 Soldiers stationed in Luxembourg/ Belgium

Total civilians: ~28,000,000

LAART count: 1225

Artillery count: 125

36 Cargo ships

12 Cargo planes[/hide]

Okay, let's start back at square one for a second.

1) Belgium suddenly explodes where German snuck bombs during reconstruction. This was unforseen, and casualties were rather heavy. I lost a large sum of scientists, most research on the Bulgaria virus and a hangar of LAARTs.

This unleashes the virus onto Western Germany, and North Luxembourg (as the explosion caused the virus to go airborne and out of control). Estimated 100 LAARTs lost before seeing action, minimal soldier losses.

2) The bombing of Luxembourg, Luxembourg. First of all, I had a border patrol set up comprizing of Soldiers, artillery and LAARTs. I'd asy only about 60% of the bombers even made it to Luxembourg, Luxembourg. Heavy casualties were taken in the border patrol, losing a good 10,000 soldiers and 30 LAARTs. Civilian casualties are rather high (Luxembourg isn't that big to begin with) and overall this attack has already lead to the deaths of about 50,000 soldiers total. About 60,000 civilians.

Now for a response:

All available soldiers have been sent to the South East front of Luxembourg to hold the line infintry style. Anti aircraft weilding units have been fortified, and surrounded with LAART cover support. Maximum amount of Afircan based troops are being rushed to North West Italy by any means. All available LAARTs have been sent to be patrolling south Luxembourg. West Germany is being bombarded with artillery at maximum range, focussing on the old trenchs dug a few years back from the first spouts of war.

Civilians have been told to migrate temporarily to the nearest Brazilian territory. Some have been sneaking into Norway for safety.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Of course, my population estimates are based on censuses from the 2008-2009 era. No census has taken place during the past 20 years due to the chaos brought on by the rise of the New World Order. The chaos is how I was chosen as a new monarch by the people of Ireland. That also explains why the UK government was so quick to be annexed into this new Act of union. People are afraid of the darkness that envelops their collective futures; they needed a hero to rise out of the chaos and hold the torch of Guidance so that they may see. Unlike the old British Empire, we do not mistreat our comrades. The Irish will not be oppressed for Roman Catholic beliefs, and everyone will be able to get along as they unite as one People and settle their differences. Everyone wins, really.

As with the aforementioned lack of updating national records, we theoretically have more potential for military growth. We could actually turn our nation into the Paradise that we so desire it to be. After all, the New World Leader has mandated that we make the world a better place, even if he doesn't judge our politics. Even if the world erupted into all-out war, a Phoenix will invariably rise from the ashes.

SWAG

30,000 Spec Ops troops stationed in Vatican City area

You do realize that Vatican City is only like 1/2 a square kilometer, right?

30,000 troops would have to be pretty much squished shoulder to shoulder there hehe.

edit: ahh, Vatican area. So you have control of Italy now? :S

Oh well, my troops have been given the order to retreat due to this new information - estimated losses during the assault ~5000 troops (includes the ones left behind to secure the retreat).

I have a question though...why are all your spec ops troops in the Vatican City?

1) Belgium suddenly explodes where German snuck bombs during reconstruction. This was unforseen, and casualties were rather heavy. I lost a large sum of scientists, most research on the Bulgaria virus and a hangar of LAARTs.

This unleashes the virus onto Western Germany, and North Luxembourg (as the explosion caused the virus to go airborne and out of control). Estimated 100 LAARTs lost before seeing action, minimal soldier losses.

*shrugs*

Bulgaria seemed to have dealt with the disease in a couple days without any problems. 500,000 of my troops have been given gas masks and full body suits and are being stationed along the line of territory not currently infected as a precaution. Though, I'm not quite sure how such a massive air bombing only managed to take out 1 hangar of LAARTs...

2) The bombing of Luxembourg, Luxembourg. First of all, I had a border patrol set up comprizing of Soldiers, artillery and LAARTs. I'd asy only about 60% of the bombers even made it to Luxembourg, Luxembourg. Heavy casualties were taken in the border patrol, losing a good 10,000 soldiers and 30 LAARTs. Civilian casualties are rather high (Luxembourg isn't that big to begin with) and overall this attack has already lead to the deaths of about 50,000 soldiers total. About 60,000 civilians.

More than acceptable for the losses ::'

All available soldiers have been sent to the South East front of Luxembourg to hold the line infintry style. Anti aircraft weilding units have been fortified, and surrounded with LAART cover support. Maximum amount of Afircan based troops are being rushed to North West Italy by any means.

cP8dW.png

Your soldiers are going to have to hurry if they plan on getting to Luxembourg, as that arrowing leading into France isn't composed of tourists out to go have a picnic :P.

All available LAARTs have been sent to be patrolling south Luxembourg. West Germany is being bombarded with artillery at maximum range, focussing on the old trenchs dug a few years back from the first spouts of war.

Hm. That's alright considering my new fighter-interceptors have been kept for the battle for Luxembourg. Your LAARTs will be in dangerous waters if they venture too far into German territory. And my men are being moved through the tunnels btw, so I don't know what your artillery is hitting. We are shelling into Luxembourg's capital in response.

As with the aforementioned lack of updating national records, we theoretically have more potential for military growth. We could actually turn our nation into the Paradise that we so desire it to be. After all, the New World Leader has mandated that we make the world a better place, even if he doesn't judge our politics. Even if the world erupted into all-out war, a Phoenix will invariably rise from the ashes.

Unless of course someone decides to crash a spaceship into the planet :P

So you have control of Italy now? :S

Your soldiers are going to have to hurry if they plan on getting to Luxembourg

That's alright considering my new fighter-interceptors have been kept for the battle for Luxembourg. Your LAARTs will be in dangerous waters if they venture too far into German territory. And my men are being moved through the tunnels btw, so I don't know what your artillery is hitting.

I don't have control of Italy, however under the agreement of the Confederacy, I don't think that they'll mind the extra protection. And yes, i realise the size of vatican. Obviously there'd be some spill over.

You only managed to hit only one hangar of LAARTs because you also managed to overtake 3/4 of Europe in one post.

I'm not concerned with the fate of my incoming LAARTs. They're now invisble to radar, so you'll have to spot them by eye. Might not be easy.

And when exactly did you build these intercontinental tunnels that you claim to be usuing?

I offer to give Mozambique and Zimbabwe to Brazil, if they crash they're ship into Europe, ending this pointless (and not very fun) war.

Unless of course someone decides to crash a spaceship into the planet :P

I'll try to avoid doing that :P

And sere, the 'new world leader' died in an accident involving a tyrannosaurus rex, and a satellite, which all ended with the destruction of Hawaii. So you could be an evil dictator and mandate that all your citizens eat only rocks and gunpowder, but I doubt that you would last long in the thread.

And RPG, I would rather not for now, seeing as it would also end with a lot of missiles headed towards me. Your best bet right now is either to surrender, or to talk to Iran about them helping you.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

And when exactly did you build these intercontinental tunnels that you claim to be usuing?

Dan built 'em.

I offer to give Mozambique and Zimbabwe to Brazil, if they crash they're ship into Europe, ending this pointless (and not very fun) war.

Well, why have you been building your military up for so long if you don't want to use it?

I'm not concerned with the fate of my incoming LAARTs. They're now invisble to radar, so you'll have to spot them by eye. Might not be easy.

Eh, they're pretty loud things iirc from the Star Wars movies.

I don't have control of Italy, however under the agreement of the Confederacy, I don't think that they'll mind the extra protection. And yes, i realise the size of vatican. Obviously there'd be some spill over.

They were there before I declared war though, and you never mentioned them moved to there, that's all.

You only managed to hit only one hangar of LAARTs because you also managed to overtake 3/4 of Europe in one post.

I only have control of a large part of Poland, and tiny parts of France, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Hungary. It'll take me a while to overtake the other countries.

And RPG, I would rather not for now

Hm..

I would rather not for now, seeing as it would also end with a lot of missiles headed towards me. Your best bet right now is either to surrender, or to talk to Iran about them helping you.

Understandable. But I'd rather run my civilization into the dirt before I surrender to Germany. I would have to Russia. Never to Germany. Unless Brazil acts in my favor, they will be written out of my will (if anything survives anyway).

Well, why have you been building your military up for so long if you don't want to use it?

Eh, they're pretty loud things iirc from the Star Wars movies.

I only have control of a large part of Poland, and tiny parts of France, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Hungary. It'll take me a while to overtake the other countries.

I built up my army to colonize and defend. I mostly wanted to play for scientific research, but being the puny chunk of land I was, I needed something. Almost like a Napoloan syndrome.

No one said that my LAARTs were exactly like the ones in star wars. Just heavily based on them. They're run on uranium, whether or not that makes loads of noise or not is beyond me, but I assure you I wouldn't design them to be found so easily.

It may take you awhile yes, but no one is active enough on this thread to be able to stop you, with the exception of Russia and Brazil. Neither of which are apposing you at the moment.

Understandable. But I'd rather run my civilization into the dirt before I surrender to Germany. I would have to Russia. Never to Germany. Unless Brazil acts in my favor, they will be written out of my will (if anything survives anyway).

I built up my army to colonize and defend. I mostly wanted to play for scientific research, but being the puny chunk of land I was, I needed something. Almost like a Napoloan syndrome.

No one said that my LAARTs were exactly like the ones in star wars. Just heavily based on them. They're run on uranium, whether or not that makes loads of noise or not is beyond me, but I assure you I wouldn't design them to be found so easily.

It may take you awhile yes, but no one is active enough on this thread to be able to stop you, with the exception of Russia and Brazil. Neither of which are apposing you at the moment.

Why would you surrender to Russia but not me? :(

Scientific Military research :P

Hm. I have to find out a way to find these unfindable things then...

There's that big alliance that's currently active. It does bode well for me though that the US and China were destroyed - two of the world's biggest super powers at the start. I don't have any plans for world domination though, I just want a big power-base in Europe so I can have the production to produce space craft and whatnot on my own without relying on Brazil.

Okay. Options are slim, and I've decided that defending to the death is not the brightest idea in the world. All unharmed and clean (from virus eruption) European homed civilians are being escorted into Brazilian territory. This will happen by moving everyone through France and farther west into transport ships. Artillery will cover the escape, and the civilian migration will be covered with 400 LAARTs. All military forces remaining will be stationed in south Luxembourg running north to hold a defensive line. If possible, some civilians will be ordered to report to South Italy. The Italian bound LAARTs have been ordered to escort these civilans to be picked up and moved into Mozambique.

In short theres about 750 LAARTs left in service, all of which are escorting civilians out of the now deemed "danger zone".

Luxembourg surrenders 50% ownership of both Zimbabwe and Mozambique to Brazil. It's the least I could do for offering to accept my refugees.

And sere, the 'new world leader' died in an accident involving a tyrannosaurus rex, and a satellite, which all ended with the destruction of Hawaii.

That's a pretty big coinky-dink, doncha think? :P

SWAG

And that should pretty much leave europe to the fourth reich/russia. So they win Europe, other than the countries they chose not to take.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Sieg Heil Germany!

German forces pushing heavily against the retreating Luxembourg army. Heavy losses are being sustained attacking Luxembourg's remaining line of defense in the hope of breaking through before the majority of Luxembourg's army gets away.

The troops that retreated from the assault on Vatican City have landed in Southern France and are now marching with as much speed as possible (eg a snail's pace - they're all infantry) north.

And that should pretty much leave europe to the fourth reich/russia. So they win Europe, other than the countries they chose not to take.

makes me sad :(

I liked being in Europe.

But certainly they would have lost something in my small counter attack. It's not like they went unscathed.

LAARTs have been ordered to burn and destroy everything in France/Belgium/Vatican/Luxembourg on their way out. Yes, this is effectively what the Russians did to the Germans in WWII. Nothing personal, France.

makes me sad :(

I liked being in Europe.

But certainly they would have lost something in my small counter attack. It's not like they went unscathed.

LAARTs have been ordered to burn and destroy everything in France/Belgium/Vatican/Luxembourg on their way out. Yes, this is effectively what the Russians did to the Germans in WWII. Nothing personal, France.

Ahh stop burning my future stuff!

according to the OP's post, it takes 1 day to take control of a country that hasnt been claimed, so in 1 day russia/germany will have taken control of the vast majority of europe.

with the retreat of lux', there is little to no resistance in europe to stop us from taking what we please in the area

i have also scrambled all my fighters to destroy any LAART they see; to prevent the burning of the future territorys of russia/germany.

any troops who see a LAART have shoot on sight orders. exosuit rail guns will easily deal with any, should it be hit.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Bulgaria will remain neutral in this war. I do not want to see my people suffer again. Troops have been stationed at the borders with gas masks and military hazmat suits due to the virus in Germany. Military research is not a priority at the moment, as we are preparing for space exploration. I'm not sure if someone was attacking Greece, but if not, we are speaking of uniting as one territory.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Bulgaria will remain neutral in this war. I do not want to see my people suffer again. Troops have been stationed at the borders with gas masks and military hazmat suits due to the virus in Germany. Military research is not a priority at the moment, as we are preparing for space exploration. I'm not sure if someone was attacking Greece, but if not, we are speaking of uniting as one territory.

The virus is being contained fairly effectively, as anything infected is being killed by my soldiers and airborne birds shot down by auto-turrets erected along the line. The only place for it to go is across the channel into Britannia, though that is highly unlikely.

You might want to set up some of your ships to shoot and kill birds over the English Channel though, Sere.