Fist of Guthix - Multiplayer

quelmotz

Fist of Guthix - Multiplayer

Foreword

I decided to suggest this because I've always thought it would be great to play a Fist of Guthix game together with a team. The hunted wouldn't always have to be running then, since their teammate hunters can protect them from other hunters. And the hunters wouldn't only be chasing the hunted around - they can fight other hunters to protect their teammates too.

Suggestion

A multiplayer Fist of Guthix. It could be a new entrance next to the single-player Fist of Guthix crater, and the giant earwig would also teach you how to play it.

It is very simple really - everything is the same as the single-player fist of guthix except:

1. You play in teams (up to 4 teams). Minimum of 4 players per team (8/12/16 total), up to 10 players per team (20/30/40 total).

-Teams can be of fixed distribution (i.e. half of the team are hunters and half are hunted - so in a four players per team game, 2 would be hunted and 2 would be hunters).

-Teams can also be of distribution where the "team captain" would choose the distribution of players (therefore with 4 players per side, there could be 1hunter/3hunted, 2hunters/2hunted or 3hunters/1hunted. There HAS to be a minimum of one of each type though.

2. Charges are individual, but everyone can see the total charges of the team.

3. Charge points for hunted, bloodlust points for hunters.

-The hunted can use their charges to "buy" certain items, e.g. bandages and stuff to help themselves stay alive. However, if they buy too much, they'll lower the total amount of charges of the team and might prevent them from winning.

-The hunted gain 4 bloodlust points for every point of damage they inflict (it doesn't matter who they attack, hunted/hunters). They can use these points to "buy" certain items to help them kill other hunters/hunted. However, they have to attack to get points to buy these items, so they can't get the items without attacking any enemies.

-Items

---Bandages: 60 charges/bloodlust points.

---Teleport Orb: 100 charges/bloodlust points.

---Full recharge of prayer points: 150 charges/bloodlust points.

---Elemental Runes: 6 bloodlust points per rune, up to 1000 in inventory at once.

---Catalytic Runes: 6 bloodlust points per rune, up to 300 in inventory at once.

---Full run energy recharge: 100 charges/bloodlust points.

---Potions--Strength/Attack/Magic/Ranged/Defence+15%: 120 bloodlust points. Defence: 120 charges/bloodlust points.

I'll probably think of more items later. ;)

There will be 4 stations at equal distances from the fist of guthix and equal distances away from each other. I.e. one in the north, one in the south, one in the east, one in the west.

4. The team who gets the most charges at the end of the 10 minute round wins.

Rewards: Tokens. They are divided equally among the teammates. However, the hunters/hunted can get different amounts of tokens depending on how well the group performed. I.e. if the hunters did better than the hunted they will get more tokens than the hunted, but if a member of the hunters did badly, the whole group of hunters would be pulled down along with him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like it! I'll be adding more stuff later as I get inspiration.

Constructive criticism is appreciated, but no flaming, spamming, etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supporters: 6 (including myself)

Non-supporters who give appropriate reasons: 3

Changes made

-----------------------------------------------------------------8 Aug 09----------------

Fourth Post on new rewards.

-----------------------------------------------------------------11 Aug 09--------------

Tenth Post - some miscellaneous changes like 2 bloodlust points is equilavent to 1 charge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------15 Aug 09------------

16th Post by Hedgehog1.

Not a bad idea. I'll give a support.

Anyway its my favorite mini game to play and honestly on a f2p world I haven't lost in idk my last 2.5k(yes I have lost but that's from lagging out) rank this could be more challenging, and/or give better token rewards/or maybe some new ones?

voidpic.png

[hide=stats]jakerules209.png[/hide]

Not a bad idea. I'll give a support.

Anyway its my favorite mini game to play and honestly on a f2p world I haven't lost in idk my last 2.5k(yes I have lost but that's from lagging out) rank this could be more challenging, and/or give better token rewards/or maybe some new ones?

About the new token rewards: I'm trying to think of something now. Hope to update it soon.

I'm thinking of some special tokens that can only be gained by playing multiplayer FoG...it's equilavent to the normal tokens in terms of how many gained, but can be used to buy different things.

Druidic Robes (S) (special): Double the cost in tokens, but no need to recharge.

Same for all other robes/gloves.

It will still be a waste of tokens for people who do not use it often, but in the long run, you'll save time and tokens.

BUMP :thumbsup:

1.2 - Irritating Posting Styles/Spamming

In order to maintain an environment that promotes ease in the exchange of information, spamming is prohibited. Spamming includes posting entire messages using excessive formatting (all caps), posting the same message repeatedly, cross posting the same message in multiple forums, making pointless threads or replies (such as "+1" posts), begging (for yourself or another player), excessive use of "smilies"/characters/spaces/blank lines/nested quotes, as well as any advertisements (includes pm'ing advertisements), chain letters, pyramid schemes, click-wars (referrals), or website solicitations including ebay-type spam. Additionally, do not pointlessly bump old threads unless you're contributing to the topic. You may bump a topic in the Marketplace or a very important thread elsewhere, but not whilst the thread is still on the first page of the forum.

Quelmotz stop, now. I find it very irritating that you repeatedly break this rule.

On topic:

I dislike the idea. I also dislike the rewards. It turns a simple game into a ridiculous one, and instead should just be a new game entirely.

I completely agree with sees all for once, I also dislike your post style.

Now, to address your idea I would like to quote you "waste of Jagex's time." that comes to mind. FOG is fine as it is and doesn't need unnecessary tweaks. I don't even understand why this is needed at all.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

BUMP :thumbsup:

1.2 - Irritating Posting Styles/Spamming

In order to maintain an environment that promotes ease in the exchange of information, spamming is prohibited. Spamming includes posting entire messages using excessive formatting (all caps), posting the same message repeatedly, cross posting the same message in multiple forums, making pointless threads or replies (such as "+1" posts), begging (for yourself or another player), excessive use of "smilies"/characters/spaces/blank lines/nested quotes, as well as any advertisements (includes pm'ing advertisements), chain letters, pyramid schemes, click-wars (referrals), or website solicitations including ebay-type spam. Additionally, do not pointlessly bump old threads unless you're contributing to the topic. You may bump a topic in the Marketplace or a very important thread elsewhere, but not whilst the thread is still on the first page of the forum.

Quelmotz stop, now. I find it very irritating that you repeatedly break this rule.

On topic:

I dislike the idea. I also dislike the rewards. It turns a simple game into a ridiculous one, and instead should just be a new game entirely.

I completely agree with sees all for once, I also dislike your post style.

Now, to address your idea I would like to quote you "waste of Jagex's time." that comes to mind. FOG is fine as it is and doesn't need unnecessary tweaks. I don't even understand why this is needed at all.

Honestly, can you all read?

It's not a tweak - it's a suggestion of an ENTIRELY different thing.

May I ask how is it "Ridiculous"?

It doesn't do any harm to bump a freaking thread. Will it kill you? I doubt a mod will ban you or something because you bump a thread a few times.

You two are just picking on people and this is against the rules too. Honestly, stop being so nitpicky.

Your posts are spam too. Apparently my ideas are ridiculous because you say they are? Honestly, at least back up your crappy accusations.

Thousands of TIFers post +1 posts and bumps. Do they get banned? Even many respected TIFers post bumps. If you're so against someone bumping his thread up to the top of the forum so people can read, go ahead and report it to a mod.

The mods don't have time for this kind of trivial matters. It doesn't harm anybody, as long as it isn't excessive. As I said, you're just nitpicking. Give some constructive criticism instead of just saying: "I think this is ridiculous." or "It's unnecessary. So shut up." and stuff like that.

quelmotz, please don't bump your topic, especially after such a short amount of time. :)

& to the others, instead of quoting the rules and judging his posting style, simply report a violating post and be done with it.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

i quite like it. however, ik think there should only be 4 per team, to prevent it from getting too chaotic.

4 teams of 4 sounds fair. also, charges should be worth far more than lust points, otherwise it degrades into a pure fighting game. some new, team exclusive rewards would also be in order ::'

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I'd like to be added to the list of non-supporters please, I think not wanting a tweak is an appropriate reason.

maulmachine4.png

I'd like to be added to the list of non-supporters please, I think not wanting a tweak is an appropriate reason.

But he said it was an entirely new thing... just called FoG multiplayer.

I've already said I don't support.

You haven't described how they "buy" stuff while in game... is there a store they visit while getting hit, or just another interface? Either way I'd imagine it'd be clumsy...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

How is that a valid reason?

I've already said the non-support list is only for people with VALID reasons.

i quite like it. however, ik think there should only be 4 per team, to prevent it from getting too chaotic.

4 teams of 4 sounds fair. also, charges should be worth far more than lust points, otherwise it degrades into a pure fighting game. some new, team exclusive rewards would also be in order ::'

Ok, I'll consider that. I think a max of 10 players would be just fine. Clan wars can have about 200 or so people, castle wars, soul wars, etc can have up to 40.

I agree on the part of the lust points. 2 lust points should be equal to 1 charge.

I've already suggested some robes that don't degrade. It would be good for those who just want to work hard to get an item, then forget about "recharging" it any more. Also, many f2pers complain about the lack of viable magic equipment, because the Druidic robes degrade too fast, combat robes suck, battle robes...need I say more?

But he said it was an entirely new thing... just called FoG multiplayer.

I've already said I don't support.

You haven't described how they "buy" stuff while in game... is there a store they visit while getting hit, or just another interface? Either way I'd imagine it'd be clumsy...

Somehow I'd forgotten to put in a paragraph about some "stations" or something to buy the stuff.

Excuse me, but I feel this is an unnecessary addition that will just cause confusion and is completely unnecessary and not needed when there are other minigames that need far more attention, just because you don't share this opinion does not make it an invalid reason.

maulmachine4.png

I think your idea is stupid. Your scoring system is [developmentally delayed]ed, you have to buy bandages and stuff that you usually get for free? Also, it wouldn't work out. 4 people split 2 and 2? Its just like 2 split 1 and 1 except with more idiocy. As fun as you think it may sound, did you ever seriously think it through? Or did you think that it would be a good idea to have fog be multiplayer, and then make it horrible? Think it through and maybe you will get support from me.

Multiplayer fog isn't a bad idea, just the way you suggested it. Again, come up with a better idea for it, and it may just be a good idea. Have fun.

I think your idea is stupid. Your scoring system is [developmentally delayed], you have to buy bandages and stuff that you usually get for free? Also, it wouldn't work out. 4 people split 2 and 2? Its just like 2 split 1 and 1 except with more idiocy. As fun as you think it may sound, did you ever seriously think it through? Or did you think that it would be a good idea to have fog be multiplayer, and then make it horrible? Think it through and maybe you will get support from me.

Multiplayer fog isn't a bad idea, just the way you suggested it. Again, come up with a better idea for it, and it may just be a good idea. Have fun.

Honestly...I never said you will not get FREE bandages and stuff, I just said you COULD buy better/more things if you're willing to sacrifice some charges/points.

May I ask how the system is [developmentally delayed]ed? Or let's just revert back to the old system.

And honestly, I don't know why you say the 4 people split 2 and 2 and whatever was idiotic. I couldn't get what you were saying.

Look:

8 people

2 teams of 4.

Each team, 2 hunters, 2 hunted or you may distribute the players' roles as you wish.

How is this idiotic? Explain.

Think it through? I already did. Stop trolling and actually offer some constructive criticism instead of just asking people to think it through. I fail to see how it would be a "bad" idea. It's your opinion, and you have to defend it. So defend it, or I'll just ignore it.

Honestly, stop being a troll. Go and create your own suggestion if you think you're so superior then.

Excuse me, but I feel this is an unnecessary addition that will just cause confusion and is completely unnecessary and not needed when there are other minigames that need far more attention, just because you don't share this opinion does not make it an invalid reason.

How will it cause more confusion? I don't see how. It's just another cave entrance, another tutorial, some new rules. That's all. How is it confusing?

But anyway, I'll add you to the non-supporters list, since you have a barely valid reason.

Maybe I completely misread your post, but what I understood was that hunters would get charges for no reason. With that system, the hunted and hunters could easily just sit around in the middle and gain points with no effort. People would be able to get a lot of tokens for little work. This is what I mean when I say that your scoring system is [developmentally delayed]ed. Sorry I couldn't explain better earlier.

Now I understand better what you meant with the teams, and now I think that it is better. I still don't approve of the idea though. Let me get this straight though, basically its a race to see whose hunters can kill the other teams hunted quicker? You would need to work out a system that would make it a bit more fair to the people that can't afford to buy the bonus items. You would have to make the bonus items weaker and less redundant. Obstacles would be nice, as well as an instanced area.

I think you were mainly thinking about how good it could be. You never really thought of how it could be bad, or its cons. Points would be gained way too easily (if you switch roles, similar to normal fog). A lot of the rewards are redundant. If you were given the usual things, what would be the point in buying the runes? They give you like 3 or 4k total. 5 bandages is enough. There's no point in buying more, unless you really want to last long, which leads back to my other point, people could just loaf around until the game is over if they wanted points. The potions are fine, but the should be made 10% and marked down or made 20% and marked up to around 200 points. The bloodlust points are way to easy to gain. Lets say in the average match you deal 85 damage. That's 340 bloodlust points a game. In my opinion, you should earn a lot less points and earn most of the from being hunted, like normal fog. You should always have to go 2-2, rather than 3-1 or 1-3. This would make the game time vary by skill and strategy and combat rather than piling. If hunters get killed they respawn with their inventory the same as when they died. The hunted would be moved to a waiting room until the match is over, or respawn and become hunteds again until x amount of kills has been reached. Bloodlust and Charge points should be moved into one currency for easier transactions.

That's about all I have. Remember, try to cover as many angles as possible, I know that I haven't with my post, but try to make your suggestions better. I still don't support as well.

Maybe I completely misread your post, but what I understood was that hunters would get charges for no reason. With that system, the hunted and hunters could easily just sit around in the middle and gain points with no effort. People would be able to get a lot of tokens for little work. This is what I mean when I say that your scoring system is [developmentally delayed]. Sorry I couldn't explain better earlier.

Now I understand better what you meant with the teams, and now I think that it is better. I still don't approve of the idea though. Let me get this straight though, basically its a race to see whose hunters can kill the other teams hunted quicker? You would need to work out a system that would make it a bit more fair to the people that can't afford to buy the bonus items. You would have to make the bonus items weaker and less redundant. Obstacles would be nice, as well as an instanced area.

I think you were mainly thinking about how good it could be. You never really thought of how it could be bad, or its cons. Points would be gained way too easily (if you switch roles, similar to normal fog). A lot of the rewards are redundant. If you were given the usual things, what would be the point in buying the runes? They give you like 3 or 4k total. 5 bandages is enough. There's no point in buying more, unless you really want to last long, which leads back to my other point, people could just loaf around until the game is over if they wanted points. The potions are fine, but the should be made 10% and marked down or made 20% and marked up to around 200 points. The bloodlust points are way to easy to gain. Lets say in the average match you deal 85 damage. That's 340 bloodlust points a game. In my opinion, you should earn a lot less points and earn most of the from being hunted, like normal fog. You should always have to go 2-2, rather than 3-1 or 1-3. This would make the game time vary by skill and strategy and combat rather than piling. If hunters get killed they respawn with their inventory the same as when they died. The hunted would be moved to a waiting room until the match is over, or respawn and become hunteds again until x amount of kills has been reached. Bloodlust and Charge points should be moved into one currency for easier transactions.

That's about all I have. Remember, try to cover as many angles as possible, I know that I haven't with my post, but try to make your suggestions better. I still don't support as well.

All true.

I've already made changes to the bloodlust system, such that 1 point of damage is only equilavent to 2 bloodlust points instead of the usual 4. This should stop the game from being too combat oriented or something.

And yeah, I know the "shopping system" is a bit stupid, but it'll at least provide a way for hunters to get some extras and for hunteds who need to stay longer or need some extra items. You'll be surprised how long bandages last. They don't last long, I can tell you safely. 2-3 hits from water blast and you can say goodbye to one bandage.

Now I see what you mean about the scoring system. But seeing that teams are COMPLETELY random (unless you log in at 2 a.m. with a clan of 20 people or something and crowd into the waiting room. But still, people in other countries might be playing then, so I don't see how it could really be that bad). And even if you try to tell some teammates to not attack the other time, there will always be those [developmentally delayed]ed people who just LOVE to fight and kill people, and will ignore your "orders".