Jagex Interview 04-Aug-09

Toad

Thanks for the spamming guys.

As for the interview, it doesen't seem mechscape specific so i'll leave it here and not move it to the MS forums for the moment, i'll see what others think.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Thanks for the spamming guys.

As for the interview, it doesen't seem mechscape specific so i'll leave it here and not move it to the MS forums for the moment, i'll see what others think.

Seems more of behind the idea of mechscape and the challenges they face the limits they have to work within, they said about interviews last week though, theres 4 lined or something around that?

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

RPS: You know, one day Id love a developer to answer that question with Were going to ship it well before were ready. We just dont care any more.

Henrique Olifiers: The problem in the MMO space is they actually do that. They release in a state and then play catch-up for a year. Thats what we dont want to do. Its very easy to get into that. The games fun? Lets go. But no, theres a lot of things to get right before we unleash the full thing.

Yeah right...

Whatever happened to Mechascape being released in the First Quarter of this year?

Delayed, it happens it's the games industry, rather have a working game, like all games there will be a beta just I think it'll be hush hush, I never personally believed RS2 Beta was ready, as there were limited pieces of the map and they seemed to release parts slowly through the beta period, then seemed to do graphical upgrades after that to make it look not to tacky but then again they were operating with a new game engine etc so have to start small and build.

Confident that Mechscape will be good but I'll probably still play runescape instead, and if theres holiday events do those on mechscape so I don't hate myself in a few years from never doing them :P

"ship it when ready".

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Sailing

Coupled with your avatar, I literally lol'ed.

:D

But yea I say "ship it" is just standard terms, synonymous with "release it".

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

One thing to point out. If you read the article, he mentions they had outside testers for MS. Could these have been those rs players invited the other week by Jagex?

I'm also still intreagued by the no-exp system.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

One thing to point out. If you read the article, he mentions they had outside testers for MS. Could these have been those rs players invited the other week by Jagex?

I'm also still intreagued by the no-exp system.

I heard a few player moderators got invited to a beta test, although that's not official and Jagex will never tell ;)

It looks like the majority of the discussion will be MS centred, so i've moved it to the appropriate forum.

zqXeV.jpg

"ship it when ready".

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Sailing

Coupled with your avatar, I literally lol'ed.

:D

But yea I say "ship it" is just standard terms, synonymous with "release it".

It's just a marketing/business term for release.

But it's also a hint for SAILING!!!! :thumbsup:

Pasty.png

Does this mean Mechscape isn't browser? based guessing it is, and that's just development talks.
Were launching a browser MMO' date=' which again is quite rare.[/quote']
4e0Vn.png

Interesting approach of them to incorporate the no-exp system. It has actually been suggested for MMO's, and it probably has huge potential if done right. The ordinary exp-system is actually a let down for many people. Risky, but possibly very rewarding. At first glance, I have no idea what to expect from the game "being inspired by Master of Orion" though...

• 2 weeks later...