Need some 99 mage methods... Currently 90.

ultimatballr

Please READ the entire post before giving advise. Half-assed advice is just an excuse to raise your post count :roll:

Well I am soon to get 98 range and be done with it in about 2 weeks... (maybe less) so I figured I would get a jump on figuring out how to get 98 mage... just incase I have to buy something that requires time in GE.

Currently I have 21.6m and I am ranging Tzhaar Ket's and Xil's till 98 range then probably something else until about 1k from 99. I will probably end up with 30m to mess around with give or take. I won't spend any on range maybe 1m on bronze knives/broad bolts but other than that nothing.

Also I have access to all spell books and spells up to level 90.

•  
    [*:c9bne7kv]What are some methods that provide the best gp/exp ratios?

[*:c9bne7kv]What is the method?

[*:c9bne7kv]How much is the cost?

Also there is 1 thing I will absolutely just not do.. that would be MTA.. I bored myself completely to death on MTA so I would rather not.

Also if you suggest Bursting rock lobbies, please provide a guide.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

The two best gp:xp ratio spells are High Alching (expecting you alch the right stuff)

And Onyx enchant at the MTA.

Onyx enchant is a bit more expensive I think.

Alching is about 70k xp an hour or so, completely bottable and frowned upon a bit.

Onyx enchanting is tireless, but gets a bit more than alching apparently, not many people do this.

EDIT: Yeah I like raising my post count ;)

And 2, I only said Onyx enchant at the MTA (which isnt really MTA persay, it's just enchant -> box repeat) because it really is good gp:xp

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Bursting was one of my ideas to go for 98 that way I could get some charms and a few summoning levels but I am not sure if I have the cash for it.

The two best gp:xp ratio spells are High Alching (expecting you alch the right stuff)

And Onyx enchant at the MTA.

Onyx enchant is a bit more expensive I think.

Alching is about 70k xp an hour or so, completely bottable and frowned upon a bit.

Onyx enchanting is tireless, but gets a bit more than alching apparently, not many people do this.

EDIT: Yeah I like raising my post count ;)

And 2, I only said Onyx enchant at the MTA (which isnt really MTA persay, it's just enchant -> box repeat) because it really is good gp:xp

When I said MTA I meant enchanting in particular as I know that is the way people like to go to get the most mage exp there. I did that from 87-90 and it was not particularly fun.

That's why I said no MTA.. meaning any of it.

well there are quite a few options you can go with.

String Amulet- This will provide you with round about 120k exp an hour. I am however not sure on the loss you will make but i hear its a very nice way of raising your Mage lvl.

Aviansies- This is probably one of the fastest Mage Money makers out there. The profit will be small but you should be able to reach about 55k - 60k exp an hour depending on your focus.

Superglass Make- I hear this is about 40k exp an hour. From 90 - 99 you should come away with a 22mil profit depending on the G E.

Humidify- No clue about this one but i know it makes some Profit.

Alching- In my opinion the worst idea ever. losing money for something that bores you to shyte is not my idea of fun. But this gets upto 70k exp an hour if youre fast, i have no idea about the cost though.

Enchanting Bolts- ive heard that enchanting diamond bolts can make you a profit if you buy and sell at the right prices. This will fetch you about 120k exp an hour but its highly unadvised because this is really click intensive.

Thats probably the only decent methods i know of, hope i helped in some small way.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

I'm currently fire bolting iron dragons while wearing SC Armour. I get around 100k xp/hr and within the 10k casts I used, I managed to make about 400k profit. I'm not sure how the remaining 45k casts will go, but I'm hoping for mroe of the same. If I don't get any drops I spend a decent bit of money, but the SC Armour cutting costs & time in half is quite helpful.

I only need around 3.6K SC points from 95-99, and have nearly 11k so I'm quite confident this will be well worth the time. I wouldn't mind some company down there. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

If I do super-glass make is there something I could turn the glass into to get a good amount of crafting exp as well with minimum loss/profit or is selling the molten glass the only way to profit off this spell??

You barely profit if you glass-blow into fishbowls (most expensive glass thing). But you make a nicer profit if you just sell the molten glass.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Glassmake sounds great on paper, but actually doing it is, imo, a huge pain. If you have no problem doing tedious, repetitive tasks, then it is certainly one of the best methods, since you get a decent xp rate with alot of profit and a ton of crafting xp. But I personally tried it for a thousand casts to get some crafting lvls and never plan on doing it again. I can't imagine doing it for weeks on end, but obviously some people can, and if you're one of those people, feel free to use glassmake.

I personally chose to mage steel dragons for 99 mage. Sure, it's not the fastest method, but I felt the pros out weighed the cons, since in addition to mage xp you also get hp and prayer xp, and the drops easily pay for the runes (even if you don't get a visage). Most importantly to me, however, was the relatively small amount of clicking, making it an easy choice for me.

ShadowSam19.png

Amulet stringing is the best one imo if you don't want health exp or charms..you could also fire wave metals and alch in between every wave. I got about 95k xp in an hour paying very little attention. Not too sure about the cost..would depend on what you alch too.

Glassmake sounds great on paper, but actually doing it is, imo, a huge pain. If you have no problem doing tedious, repetitive tasks, then it is certainly one of the best methods, since you get a decent xp rate with alot of profit and a ton of crafting xp. But I personally tried it for a thousand casts to get some crafting lvls and never plan on doing it again. I can't imagine doing it for weeks on end, but obviously some people can, and if you're one of those people, feel free to use glassmake.

I agree. If you can last 3 hours of superglass make and get 120-150k exp, then you must be crazy. I feel the same way about plank make; it's cheap and fast exp, but it's way too boring. Not as bad as superglass make, but it's worse than alching.

wl7w9j.png