Too much regen?

fenrir321

After making BtP tabs and fishing sharks while reading runescape barrens chat, I recently made enough money to buy the other pieces of guthans. I've had some mixed feedback about guthans. Some say it's a slayer staple, others say you can do without because the hp regen isn't worth it because of it's randomness.

I am not talking about pvp here. This is purely slayer and boss encounters. I have 68 summoning for a bunyip and I have bones to peaches plus a mud staff to save space. I have 88 defense. I also noticed that the regen bracelet is a mere 250k. Seeing as +5 str would drop my max hit by 1 at the most if not at all and +4 att barely adds much with a slayer helmet, which would be better: spending ~4 mill on guthans or 250k on a regen bracelet or not at all?

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Guthans seems a bit useless to me.

Yeah, you may be able to heal with it but it's quite random.

I myself prefer using a bunyip.

Besides, you can't use a slayer helm with guthans, and the slayer helm does give a really nice bonus (10% att and str if I'm correct).

I don't know about the regen bracelet, never tried it, I just use me barrow gloves.

signature.jpg

My guide: Ring of Wealth explained

8 Dragon Boots (885 kills, 1/111, with RoW)

angel2w.gif

In almost all slayer tasks a bunyip should be able to keep you healed up for the entire length its summoned. In no way shape or form should a regen be used over barrow gloves for combat. You should get guthans if you find yourself not healing enough during tasks, but should never use btp as it just slows you down.

randomkcopyq.png

but should never use btp as it just slows you down.

Run out of food. What are you going to do then? It also saves money on food. Kurask task? Save bones and you can eat after combat. Regardess if btp does slow you down since the food is 8 hp, it's high enough healing to make the time eating worthwhile while also allowing one to stay almost indefinitely on certain tasks, only limited by the number of nature runes.

Besides, you can't use a slayer helm with guthans, and the slayer helm does give a really nice bonus (10% att and str if I'm correct).

Lol, switch helms when you need to heal. Simple as that.

As for regen brace, why is it not as good? Like I said, +5 str may lower my max hit by 1 and surely 4 attack isn't that much of a difference, especially with 2x hp regen.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I used my Guthans for one thing after I got a bunyip and that was for Maging Rex. After I got a pony and an SGS, I'm pretty sure the set has been rotting in my bank. Come to think of it, I should probably sell it.

Guthans isn't bad, its just an inconvenience with summoning now. Before, guthans provided more healing than you could hold in your inventory allowing you to camp at certain assignments to complete them without banking. Now, you can do all of that with a bunyip or another source of healing(Pony, SGS, Enhanced Excalibur). Guthans is just outdated now is all.

Foooman.png