Titan's, worth using in a fight?

Darkvengence

So I've been thinking about 79 summoning a lot lately..

But I was wondering if the elemental titans (Fire, Ice, Moss, the ones you can summon at level 79) are actually that good.

I looked it up and they are only level 139 (or something like that), I always thought they were a bit higher, and being only level 139 I started to wonder if there were actually any good.

So my question to you is...

Are the Elemental Titans worth using in a fight (and what's their max if you know it), and are their special ability (scrolls) worth it in terms of using it for healing.

They are ok for their level. I see people use them at some bosses such as the Dag Kings and Tormented Demons. Also their combat level doesn't really matter in PvM, but more so in PvP.

I only use them when i want the extra exp on certain tasks. Ones that i don't need healing on I'll use them to get some exp as well as help killing creatures.

The scroll heals 8 and boosts defense some. A bunyip would do better in most places. Mostly those that are single combat.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I never really found them to be good fighters. And the scrolls are just a weak version of a unicorn. Your probly better off with a bunyip or fruitbat for healing i would think before you get your unicorn.

Overall I wouldnt say its worthwhile to get 79 summon just for them. they are just along the way till 88 which is really worth getting

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

They are good enough at Dk to be better than a bunyip. They heal 14 hp a minute, boost def, and help by killing a few spins. They are better at bosses such as TDS than a yip, but not for just general healing.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Fire titan pretty much knocks every other combat familiar at level 79 or below out of the field.

Max of 15, but hits very well on most monsters, boosts defense and allows you to heal without wasting a turn (the only healers which fight are the elemental titans).

At GWD use moss or ice as the magic attack of fire titan won't hit much at all.

DK's fire or moss titan depending on the method and they help a ton; healing, killing spins (they seem to be able to attack them underwater too :shock: ), boosting defense and will do some nice damage to supreme.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

They max 15, Fire Titan is very very accurate against melee monsters (because he hits with magic). can heal more than a bunyip/minute if you use scrolls, they also boost your defence. I say they're worth it.

I thought there was such a thing as Summoning defence, so all titans have equal accuracy on whatever monster.

But i agree that they are worth it.

Leonxb.png

Titans rock (except swamp and abyssal for fighting) :D

301dan8.png

Note: steel titan special is ranged based not melee. My bad with the copy pasting :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Thanks for that chart.

And Steel Titans can max at 96? Wow.

And by the way I believe Steel Titan's attack is range, not melee.

The max is only if the special maxes. Thats 24 for each of the 4 hits. And yes i believe its range, but i'm not to sure on the special. I would assume its range as well.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Yeah its ranged, sorry. I messed up copy pasting :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12