UPDATEDx2: Slayer House?

Jeffman50

EDIT: NEW QUESTION, SEE BOTTOM POST ON PAGE 2

Haven't slayed in over a year (most of the time being spent off of RS), but i'm looking to train all my melee stats to 80 and range to 70.

I just fished 1k monkfish that I will use for food, since i'm only 56 summoning and can't use bunyip.

1. What (if any) familiars should i use?

2. What should be my basic setup for melee/range:

I have 21 mill to spare (will end up selling anything i buy back when i'm done slaying)

Helm of Neitzonoit, Quest Cape, Glory, Whip/D Scimmy, Dharoks plate, Rune defender, Drag legs, Barrows glove and warrior ring

For range I have 2k iron knives (I don't know what to use with it)

Current stats: 65 range, 79 str and hp, 78 att and def, 72 slayer, 68 prayer, 77 magic

Also, can someone explain how to best use the reward system master-wise? and what should i be getting first, second, etc?

Any other tips are greatly appreciated

Just to let everyone know, I just recently came back on (quit pre-construction) so ANYTHING helpful is very useful!

Haven't slayed in over a year (most of the time being spent off of RS), but i'm looking to train all my melee stats to 80 and range to 70.

I just fished 1k monkfish that I will use for food, since i'm only 56 summoning and can't use bunyip.

I have 21 mill to spare (will end up selling anything i buy back when i'm done slaying)

Helm of Neitzonoit, Quest Cape, Glory, Whip/D Scimmy, Dharoks plate, Rune defender, Drag legs, Barrows glove and warrior ring

Current stats: 65 range, 79 str and hp, 78 att and def, 72 slayer, 68 prayer, 77 magic

Also, can someone explain how to best use the reward system master-wise? and what should i be getting first, second, etc?

Just to let everyone know, I just recently came back on (quit pre-construction) so ANYTHING helpful is very useful!

Let's start with the beginning.I personally use pineapple pizzas to heal.Seeing as you can't use buny you could also use guthans to heal.

1.The only one I can think of would be terrorbird, to take extra potions with you or carry loot(such as dragonhides/bones).

2.Black mask-best cape-glory or fury(depends how much you want to spend)-cheapest barrows top(in between dharok/torag/guthan)-whip+rune defender(antidragon shield when/if you do dragon tasks)-either torag or dharok legs(cheapest of the 2)-dragon boots-best recipe for disaster gloves-I personally use ROW(ring of wealth).This is for melee.

As for range, accumulator-god coif when you don't have to wear a specific item to kill monsters(such as dust mask at dusties)-glory or fury(same as at the melee part)-rune c'bow using broad bolts(need 55 slayer to use them)-unholy book-best d'hide top/legs-black d'hide vambs-snakeskin boots-ring part->same as at the melee part.

As for the slayer system I'd say get enough points to ban 4 tasks, helm,rings.Then keep saving the points for money/canceling tasks you don't like.

That's about it.If you need further help just post.

Should I kill cave horrors for a black mask? Or is the 800k worth it? Also which god coif is best?

So i guess I will sell my knives to buy broad bolts and a rune crossbow

What slayer master should i use given those stats? And something about using a harder master every 5 tasks?

ANd i should sell my d legs in favor of barrows?

I should always be super potting right? But i heard super def isn't worth it anymore?

What made me feel like posting was your comment about the 1k monkfish that you caught in anticipation of Slaying...I did (and continue to do) the same thing.

I'm not big on Summoning and I don't feel like the hassles of bringing them along - at least at the point I'm at right now at level 62 - outweighs one or two less trips for loot. I don't use them for combat, because quite frequently, you're in single combat areas for Slayer tasks...I know there usually are places you can find the same enemy in multi-combat, but I usually take the quickest access I can to a Slayer spot. If you're going to use one, use Spirit Terrorbirds, I suppose, since it provides BoB/run energy. I have an Enhanced excalibur which is like 1/2 a bunyip and a dose of super defence every two minutes.

As soon as you can get the Slayer Helmet, get it. If you have 75 Crafting, the Slayer ring crafting ability would be the only other consideration before the helm and only if you already have the black mask. Buy it...don't wait for a drop...Cave horrors aren't worth it...almost not even if you're killing them for a task! If you're sub-75 crafting, no question at all...buy the pieces you need and put the helm together after getting the 400 points. Use Mazchna for the first few tasks in a group of ten, then for the tenth and 50th, always use the best slayer master you can. Don't spend points on anything you don't have to until you get the Slayer helm and Ring of Slaying. I used points on Broad arrows and bolts after the helm and ring (in that order) and haven't used any to buy slayer dart runes or for permanent bans or skips yet. Don't ever buy the rings of slaying...only the skill once you can craft them. The rings are great, only because all I need is a ring mould and gold bars and I have an unlimited supply.

As far as set-up. I don't think Slayer is worth barrows equipment. People argue it, but to me, a nice non-degradable rune set does the job just fine. I'd sell your dragon legs (unless you earned them as a drop) and settle for rune or even dragon skirt. I don't care what people say...dragon plateskirt is cheaper and lighter...I'm not playing for a fashion contest.

Use your Neitz helm until you get the Slayer helm...Quest cape is good...glory is fine, but I've heard people say fury is worth the extra cost...Barrows gloves are a must...I never leave home without my abby whip...I use an Obby shield instead of my Rune defender, but that's a matter of choice to some people who went through the trouble to get one...I use a Ring of Wealth, but it's a matter of choice, I suppose.

For ranging, spend your money on an Unholy book and it's four pages. I think it's worth it for the range boost. Rune cross and buy the broad bolts off the GE until you can fletch them yourself (even then most people buy them cheap on the GE)...ammy of ranging now is the way to go...best dragon hide chaps and body you can and snakeskin boots (unless you get the ranger boots)...archer helm, or robin hood since I don't think you can wear a god coif yet.

Work on being able to range whatever task you can until you get to 70 (black d'hide/god d'hide)...another thing I might do (since dragon bones are so expensive at the moment) is boost your prayer to 70 by killing a hundred or so dragons...good money from the d'hide, you can range blues and boost your ranging at the same time, and get the bones to the ectofunctus and be level 70 prayer in no time. Boosting that to 78 before each task in Oo'glog will help.

I slay whenever I'm looking for something to do, so I'm not a "pro", but I am a very experienced casual slayer. Hope that helps...

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

[hide=]

[/hide]

This might help:

1. I can't really think of anything at your summoning level that would be helpfull for slayer besides maybe a terrorbird for tasks like dragons, if you want to kill the normal ones. My advice for that would be work on getting 68 summoning because it really is awesome for slayer. Well get the charms for it from slayer of course.

2. Your set up looks fine besides maybe you should switch the dragon legs for barrows and use a torso if you have it, if not then just keep your normal set up. And, Instead of a helm of neitnotz, use a black mask to slay with. I'm guessing you'll be training range on safe spotable slayer tasks? If you are then void is the way to go for range. If not then go with the best d' hide you can.

•  
    [*:3g27rr52]I don't really know which slayer master you should use. I would say sumona until every 10th and 50th tasks and use duradel/lapolak for those tasks for the max points possible.

[*:3g27rr52]Pineapple pizzas are a great food for almost everything because they are cheap(for the amount of hp they heal) and heal 22 hp, but it's a two bite food which shouldn't really matter for slayer anyway. My advice would be to sell the monkfish, especially if they aren't cooked yet, and buy some pineapple pizzas instead.

[*:3g27rr52]Always use either super attacks/strength or a combat potion to speed up tasks.

[*:3g27rr52]Unless you have a slayer task that it is really necessary for high defence use the rune defender, its bonuses are insanely good.

[*:3g27rr52]Do not buy bandos unless you can afford it with a fury and berserker ring, they're both cheap for the bonuses they give.

[*:3g27rr52]I would recomend buying guthans to heal with for harder tasks. If you're going to buy guthans then sell the torag plate and just use the guthan plate, it has the same stats.

[*:3g27rr52]Get attack first to help you hit more often for faster tasks. And, getting 70 prayer would be a very good investment.

I would get the helm before the rings. And you don't need 75 crafting to make them, you can be assisted on them as well. But you do need 55 crafting for the helm.

I would also work on blocking tasks you don't want to do before getting the rings. Once you blocked all your tasks, gotten the helm and the ability to make the rings just save up the points. Once you get a nice amount trade some of them in, not all as you want some left over so you can skip soem tasks, for the runes for slayer dart. You can make a nice amount of gp just from those.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I would get the helm before the rings. And you don't need 75 crafting to make them, you can be assisted on them as well. But you do need 55 crafting for the helm.

I would also work on blocking tasks you don't want to do before getting the rings. Once you blocked all your tasks, gotten the helm and the ability to make the rings just save up the points. Once you get a nice amount trade some of them in, not all as you want some left over so you can skip soem tasks, for the runes for slayer dart. You can make a nice amount of gp just from those.

Don't get the rings unless you have 75 crafting. Yes, you can get assisted, but the amount of times you use the rings...try finding people to assist you all the time. MAYBE if you have level 72 crafting and lots of wergali saved...but otherwise...wait to get it until you have the crafting level...

295/303 Quest Points

Don't get the rings unless you have 75 crafting. Yes, you can get assisted, but the amount of times you use the rings...try finding people to assist you all the time. MAYBE if you have level 72 crafting and lots of wergali saved...but otherwise...wait to get it until you have the crafting level...

Unless you're using sumona for all your tasks you don't go through them that fast. And you can always make 100 or so while being assisted. And most tasks have some other way of getting to where the rings take you. Rings are just a nice convient thing to have.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

I got the ability to craft the rings first and I've never regretted it, because I use the teleports for loads of things besides slayer. Even for slayer, the helm is only really important on a couple of tasks, and most of the Duradel tasks it's just a black mask with extra defense. If you use Duradel/Lapalok, you only really need the helm for Aberrant Spectres and Dust Devils. Granted, Dusties are a great task that only gets better with the helm, and Sumona adds Banshees, Basilisks, Turoths, and Kurasks to that list, but if you're using Sumona the slayer rings are also much more important to teleport to her. So if you're not going to be slaying nonstop, you should consider the slayer rings. The key is to just get assisted by someone who won't mind you making several inventories of rings.

If you are going to be doing straight slayer training, then yeah, go for the helm.

I bought full guthans, any tips on how to use it?

Sold my dlegs, and am waiting to buy dharok's platelegs

Sold the dharok plate as well

Is void very worth it? I've never done PC before

Wear the entire set when low on HP.

I wouldn't buy the legs. Just use guthans as armor and carry the spear and helm in your pack. Use the Mask/Helm and a Whip+Def, then put guthans helm and spear on when you need health.

Range Void is nice to have for slayer. Melee void is also useful, but not for slayer.

GWD:

But that means i'd be using guthans on EVERY single task..

Is that really needed?

I sold a few things and bought the set + the legs, down to 16 mill which is fine by me since i'm sure slayer will get me a decent drop or two

Best way to get void/70 pray?

But that means i'd be using guthans on EVERY single task..

Is that really needed?

I sold a few things and bought the set + the legs, down to 16 mill which is fine by me since i'm sure slayer will get me a decent drop or two

Best way to get void/70 pray?

Wouldn't that be the point? Why buy the whole set if you're not going to use it? It saves on food, it saves on you having to bank. Also using any other armor would be kind of pointless.

Void is to go to a PC world and try to get a good clan. Use money to buy bones and use a Gilded Altar.

GWD:

If you haven't got a black mask, get it ASAP.

If you didn't do the quest "smoking kills", do it ASAP.

For basic (melee) slaying, use the mask, Guthans plate and legs, fury, dragon boots, whip +defender, best cape you have, RoW (or something else if you are not a "believer"). When "low" on hp (ie <25%, depending on the max hit of the monster) switch to Guthans spear and helm, and heal up. When back to health, swittch back to black mask + favorite weapon.

Use super sets all the time, re-pot depending on money available. Using the 10% strenth prayer gets faster kills/xp, but it's more expensive.

As for ranged, use a cannon!Some tasks can be completed very fast (dagganoths, bloodveld, kalphite), but it's gonna cost you. As for safespot ranging, it's explained a few posts above.

as for how to spend points: I giot the helm first, but if you plan on using Sumona as slayer master and have the crafting level, get rings first. After you have both, save up on points to block/cancel tasks. If you want to get the fletching ability, get it last. You can trade in points for slayer dart runes and make some money, but be aware you save some points to cancel the occasional task.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Should I kill cave horrors for a black mask? Or is the 800k worth it? Also which god coif is best?

So i guess I will sell my knives to buy broad bolts and a rune crossbow

What slayer master should i use given those stats? And something about using a harder master every 5 tasks?

ANd i should sell my d legs in favor of barrows?

I should always be super potting right? But i heard super def isn't worth it anymore?

As other have said, buy the mask.I know of someone who killed about 10k horrors for a single one.God coifs has +7 range bonus, while the archer helm has +6.The cheapest one you can find works.Knives are only worth it when you kill monsters that have rather low hp and you need quick hits.With the rune c'bow and broad bolts you will hit high(as most slayer monsters have high hp) and you don't want to finish a task in 2-3 hours with knives(it's just an example).

I used the slayer master from Canifis for tasks 1-9, then did a 10th task at the Shillo Village master(this will get you 75 bonus points).After that I did tasks 11-19 at Canifis then switched at the 20th back to Shillo...you understand how this works.

I use super attacks/strength, so it's not a complete super set.If you can finish the Seers Diary 3, you will have the opportunity to bless a sword which will restore hp and give 8(not sure) defence levels for a while(basically it acts like a super defence pot).

i only used my guthan's for a select few tasks, like kalphites, or black demons, daggnoths if i'm lazy (i have b2p spell so i don't need the tabs). And i just turned on my prayer when i hit 20hp and healed up to 60 ish and turned it off, i used next to no prayer on tasks, just carry a 4 dose with you for safe measures.

But definately as soon as you have 430 (400 for helm and 30 so you can cancel a horrid task in case it happens) get the helm. just use that with a scimitar, on strength and it will burn you through most tasks without a ton of trouble. I personally prefer a obby sheild to the rune def because i like having the extra defense over the extra attack bonus.

Having a good slayers house is another that is really useful, i keep mine in Rellaka, others keep it in Yanville. You want to have the portals (the canafis one is crucial) have an alter, and a glory on the the wall. And a armor repair stand so you can get a discount on fixing up your barrows.

The fairy rings are also very useful.

if you haven't done Smoking Kills, stop everything and go do it now. You will honestly be wasting your time until you do it.

Evilfish1.png

I think I'll do Baby Blacks :P

I got the ability to craft the rings first and I've never regretted it, because I use the teleports for loads of things besides slayer. Even for slayer, the helm is only really important on a couple of tasks, and most of the Duradel tasks it's just a black mask with extra defense. If you use Duradel/Lapalok, you only really need the helm for Aberrant Spectres and Dust Devils. Granted, Dusties are a great task that only gets better with the helm, and Sumona adds Banshees, Basilisks, Turoths, and Kurasks to that list, but if you're using Sumona the slayer rings are also much more important to teleport to her. So if you're not going to be slaying nonstop, you should consider the slayer rings. The key is to just get assisted by someone who won't mind you making several inventories of rings.

If you are going to be doing straight slayer training, then yeah, go for the helm.

If you're not at level 75 crafting, it's not worth getting rings first. If you are, I agree...the ring of slaying revolutionized my gaming...the rellekka tele is right near a fairy ring which is clutch...a mid-desert teleport (and right next to a slayer master where you can buy special stuff you might need for a task...

I use the helm whenever I'm slaying with melee, but you're right, if you range, it's not gonna help.

I would say it's a no-brainer...if you're not really, really close to level 75 crafting, then you need to get the helm first. Getting that helm will help you go through tasks ever so slightly quicker, which means getting points back again to spend them on the other cheaper creation skills (both the ring and bolts/arrows skills are 300 points as opposed to 400 for the helm).

I use the ring constantly. It's not worth having if you don't use it often, really.

295/303 Quest Points

Well for PC just go to a pest control world and go in the highest boat you can go in. World 144 is a PC world, it's normally full of people so try to get in that world.

Well seeing as you need 500-550 bones from 68-70 prayer at a gilded alter which is around 1.6m. And you can kill lets say 40+ blue dragons an hour? (I haven't killed them recently so not sure exactly how many per hour) That's roughly 12+ hours for the bones for 70 prayer. So, in 12 hours I would think you'd be able to make 1.6m for the cost of the bones which means it is more efficent to buy the bones instead of get them yourself.

Unless you want to kill them for xp and not just for bones then you should buy the bones and make the money back.

So before I start slaying I am going to do two things:

Get full void range (full set?) using PC.. still unsure how best to do this

Range blue dragons to get bones for 70 prayer, use hides for crafting exp to get to 75

I don't know why you don't just start Slayer to start earning the points after Smoking Kills...you can range many of the tasks and sometimes those tasks include Blue dragons.

I do think getting your Prayer up to 70 would be worth it, but it's that old saying...if you keeping waiting until you're ready, you'll never be ready.

295/303 Quest Points

Decided to use my 200k from WGS on prayer (used other 200k on RC) so i am now 71 prayer! YAY!

Why'd i get 70 anyways btw?

Now 106 combat

New question: How do i best set my house up for slaying? Currently 56 construction but i will train it if needed! Thanks!

Make sure you have 2 portal rooms at least, an altar (any kind will work for now) and the room with the mounted glory. Get these built as close to your portal as you can.

And 71 prayer is good in a matter of ways. Increased prayer time, blessing graves, and piety are the few reasons.

GWD:

Decided to use my 200k from WGS on prayer (used other 200k on RC) so i am now 71 prayer! YAY!

Why'd i get 70 anyways btw?

Now 106 combat

New question: How do i best set my house up for slaying? Currently 56 construction but i will train it if needed! Thanks!

70 Prayer allows you Piety, assuming you already have finished "Knight Waves" in Camelot...Piety is a great Slayer prayer. It's also good to have as much Prayer as possible on tasks.

As a previous poster mentioned, make sure you have a mounted glory accessible right off your entrance, a chapel, and if possible, two portal rooms nearby (they really don't have to be that close, but I'd put them north and south of the hall room where the glory is mounted. Other than that, nothing is really THAT important, though having a costume room not far is good for switching gear sets for any special items you might want to wear...perhaps a kitchen for topping off your HP before going back out.

295/303 Quest Points