99 Magic.

gorgoroth

Well i never really thought i would get this far, but after getting 99 Ranged, Attack, Defense, Hitpoints and Strenght im down to my last Combat related 99, Magic (that is if you don't include Prayer or Summoning). I've been grinding away at getting the above mentioned 99's for a while now and i think its time i slow it down. I would like to get 99 Magic with an avarage exp rate of anything above 45k an hour. I would prefer to make a small ammount of money, but if i end up losing 5 mil i would not mind. I had a few things in mind, some i know alot of, some i know nothing of. At the moment i find myself Maging Aviansies. i find this enjoyable but due to a very bad bar drop rate i find myself annoyed. I still have enough runes left to get me to 90 Magic and i intend on using them all on Aviansies. I manage to get round about 50k exp an hour while not grinding myself and being able to chat with friends. on the rare occasion at whitch i have no friends online i manage to grind 60k exp an hour. Here are some other ideas i have had:

Plank Make - I have no idea what the costs or exp rate is, i did however read somewhere that it can be profitable depending on the market.

Diamond Bolt Enchanting - I have heard of 100k exp an hour while making profit, only if you catch the market at the right time. This is highly clicking intensive though.

Fire Bolting Metal Dragons - 50k Exp an hour while not losing too much money and standing a chance of making all and more of it back.

MTA - I have no idea about this, any information will be kind.

Superglass Make - 30k exp an hour while making some of your profit back. Alot of clicking involved though.

Charging Orbs - I have no information on this, anything will be kind.

Humidify - Once again i have no information on this.

So that sums up my viable options. Alching and Jewelry Stringing is not mentioned due to the high cost related to this.

I would like to point out that i am unlikely to stick with just one method of training. I will most likely chose the few i think is best and rotate between them to keep myself from getting too bored. If you have any other methods i do not make mention of please tell me about them.

Thanx in advance.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

-Plank make is somewhere in the region of 130k exp per hour, no idea about the loss.

-Diamond bolt enchanting can make a profit if you buy at the right prices, and the exp is something like 110k, give or take 20k depending on how fast you do it.

-Fire waving metals, you lose a lot of money unless you get lucky with drops or collect all the bones.

-MTA, imho is outdated, best exp is onyx enchant, and I think it's like 80k exp per hour, so not much better than alching.

-Superglass make is 30k exp per hour without mousekeys, if you do use mousekeys, it's 40k, give or take 5k depending on how fast you are. You usually make 500k gp per hour, and also 67k crafting exp per hour. Click intensive, but I believe it's more effecient than Green D'hide bodies for crafting (No SC).

-I'm pretty sure charging air orbs is like 30k magic exp and 300k gp per hour, not bad but not good.

-Humidify is a fail spell, unless you're humidifying jugs for wines. It's similar to Glassmake, but it makes less money and no crafting exp.

Leman.png

Maging DK's?

In theory you'd be able to camp there for as long as guthans will last as long as you have supplies.

Its 600+ casts per hour giving you about 40k exp per hour when you add in damage and charge.

Depending on your luck your looking at a nice profit (made about 500k pure profit [after runes and so on] per hour with my maging trips so far, only about 5/6 hours in total mind).

Then you could throw this profit into bursting/barraging to your summoning goal for fast magic and summoning exp.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

This will be last time I tell you this:

Wear cheap tank armour in a BH World. For example:

Verac helm, torag body, torag legs, normal spirit shield, phoenix bracelet and ring of life.

Fill your invetory with sharks, pizza's and brews. When a clawer comes (maybe one per hour?) and attacks you, just eat the first pizza halves and drink brews and eat sharks.

Go to the most west side of the wildy and stay in Level 1. Go alch there.

There is NO WAY that you will get killed.

When you get 100EP, get some kills (kill me, for example :D)

This will get you about 65k mage exp per hour and about 650k gp per hours on average.

use the money you made on stringing amulets.

this will get you about 80k exp per hour on average at a price of zero gp.

Don't fear Bounty Hunter and get some cheap exp! :mrgreen:

+ Saxon is right :P

Lets see, humidify is around 30k XP an hour and all you need to do is get vials and one cast will fill all with water.

Charging orbs. The only orbs you should charge are air becuase they are the fastest. This will get you alot of money if you do it to 99 but the XP/Hr is only 30k-40k.

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

Maging DK's?

In theory you'd be able to camp there for as long as guthans will last as long as you have supplies.

Its 600+ casts per hour giving you about 40k exp per hour when you add in damage and charge.

Depending on your luck your looking at a nice profit (made about 500k pure profit [after runes and so on] per hour with my maging trips so far, only about 5/6 hours in total mind).

Then you could throw this profit into bursting/barraging to your summoning goal for fast magic and summoning exp.

I like this idea. I've never done DK's before so i would require some educating in the field but i'm sure i would get used to it in no time. I like the idea of making some money. I was thinking of Barraging or Bursting 98 - 99 which should get me enough charms for 90 Summoning along with the charms i have at the moment and th charms i will futher make while getting 85 slayer.

This will be last time I tell you this:

Wear cheap tank armour in a BH World. For example:

Verac helm, torag body, torag legs, normal spirit shield, phoenix bracelet and ring of life.

Fill your invetory with sharks, pizza's and brews. When a clawer comes (maybe one per hour?) and attacks you, just eat the first pizza halves and drink brews and eat sharks.

Go to the most west side of the wildy and stay in Level 1. Go alch there.

There is NO WAY that you will get killed.

When you get 100EP, get some kills (kill me, for example :D)

This will get you about 65k mage exp per hour and about 650k gp per hours on average.

use the money you made on stringing amulets.

this will get you about 80k exp per hour on average at a price of zero gp.

Don't fear Bounty Hunter and get some cheap exp! :mrgreen:

Hah i expected you to say something like this. I might actually end up considdering this for a level or two but im looking for something that requires a little less attention. doing this will require me to pay full attention o the screen at all times or risk losing a great deal of money. I will however keep this on my short list.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

firebolting metals is 50-60k only with a sacred clay piece and you only make profit if you get a visage or bank bones

forgot to add theyre good to multitask with only if your connection is good and your volume on

I get between 70-100k experience per hour using a full SC mage set (minus the staff). I only firebolt the irons though, as I believe their magic defence is quite a bit lower than steel dragons. Maybe that's what makes the difference. Also, I've made around 2M profit so far on 30k casts, just to make you aware of my gains. I definitely suggest using SC armour though, as it cuts the costs in half, meaning more potential to profit.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

firebolting metals is 50-60k only with a sacred clay piece and you only make profit if you get a visage or bank bones

forgot to add theyre good to multitask with only if your connection is good and your volume on

I get between 70-100k experience per hour using a full SC mage set (minus the staff). I only firebolt the irons though, as I believe their magic defence is quite a bit lower than steel dragons. Maybe that's what makes the difference. Also, I've made around 2M profit so far on 30k casts, just to make you aware of my gains. I definitely suggest using SC armour though, as it cuts the costs in half, meaning more potential to profit.

I might add this to my "short list" aswell as soon as i have a stable and reliable internet connection. If i may ask, what does your profit mainly consist of? Stackable drops? Alch? Dragon Bones?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

I might add this to my "short list" aswell as soon as i have a stable and reliable internet connection. If i may ask, what does your profit mainly consist of? Stackable drops? Alch? Dragon Bones?

Alchable runite and dragon drops. I can't seem to get a visage, but I'm hoping for one within the next 30k casts. :lol:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Alchable runite and dragon drops. I can't seem to get a visage, but I'm hoping for one within the next 30k casts. :lol:

i forgot to include base xp but anyways the alchables are not very common and dragon items hardly worth their value. youd be lucky to break even unless you get a visage drop. keep in mind 96 magic is more efficient than 88 and yes ive had 2 visage drops before anyone asks

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

Superheat isn't bad. At times, mith makes slight profit, and superheating iron is faster than alching.

Did you do slayer for training range? I can't decide on whether to range slayer tasks, or traing range after 83/85 slayer.

Superheat isn't bad. At times, mith makes slight profit, and superheating iron is faster than alching.

Did you do slayer for training range? I can't decide on whether to range slayer tasks, or traing range after 83/85 slayer.

I just chiined from 97 - 99. Slaying Ranged was a bit boring for me.

Does anyone know anything about the costs related to Plank Make?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Just for more info on fire bolting irons - I did 100k casts at around 85 mage and broke even with no visage.

Were you banking the bones?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

-Superglass make is 30k exp per hour without mousekeys, if you do use mousekeys, it's 40k, give or take 5k depending on how fast you are. You usually make 500k gp per hour, and also 67k crafting exp per hour. Click intensive, but I believe it's more effecient than Green D'hide bodies for crafting (No SC).

Sorry if this is considered hi-jacking your thread, but is the 500k the money you make or the profit. and if it is profit, then is that with buying the materials or collecting them yourself?

doogsidoof.png

Owner of a Quest cape since 9/11/08

tipit_grid2.png

It's not about the other people, its about shooting cute furry things that explode.

Sorry if this is considered hi-jacking your thread, but is the 500k the money you make or the profit. and if it is profit, then is that with buying the materials or collecting them yourself?

Profit, and of course you buy the materials.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=806548 < clicky for my guide (Purely so the discussion doesn't stay here)

Leman.png

This is a bit off topic, but you really seem to change goals often. It's not exactly a good habit to have.

That said, I still think you should do superglassmake -> string jewelry or mage dk's.

I like exploring my options and doing what would be best and more effecient. If there's something wrong with that then i'm afraid every success full man in the world has "a bad habbit". Someone didn't think things through before answering :shame:

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

I'm going to personally suggest diamond bolt enchant if you can stand clicking for hours on end. Extremely repetitive, and you may get repeated stress syndromw (or whatever they call it :|), but you can get 100K+ experience per hour which is very decent and most of the time you will make a profit (people buy the enchanted bolts more than the diamond bolts, you enchant 10 bolts per cast so you will always pay back the cost for runes, and depending on the time of day you can buy a lot at a time).

My 10 cents. I'm thinking of getting 99 mage with this method, but I'm definitely getting 70 mage with it :thumbsup:

disturbeda.png

I'm going to personally suggest diamond bolt enchant if you can stand clicking for hours on end. Extremely repetitive, and you may get repeated stress syndromw (or whatever they call it :|), but you can get 100K+ experience per hour which is very decent and most of the time you will make a profit (people buy the enchanted bolts more than the diamond bolts, you enchant 10 bolts per cast so you will always pay back the cost for runes, and depending on the time of day you can buy a lot at a time).

My 10 cents. I'm thinking of getting 99 mage with this method, but I'm definitely getting 70 mage with it :thumbsup:

I like this idea ALOT. I dont mind breaking a finger or two while getting 99 Magic. I don't even mind breaking my wrist as i hardly ever find use for it :D Anyway, can Diamond bolts be purchased for lower than market price on the G E?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

I like this idea ALOT. I dont mind breaking a finger or two while getting 99 Magic. I don't even mind breaking my wrist as i hardly ever find use for it :D Anyway, can Diamond bolts be purchased for lower than market price on the G E?

The problem with diamond bolts is that they a) fluctuate A LOT (as I am sure you know) and B) you can only buy and sell so many within a given time frame (40k/4 hrs? Something like that). This results in that you will either not be able to constantly enchant for the 4 hr(?) time frame or you will have to buy in bulk over night, which could cause you to loose a lot.

Another possible option is buying both diamond tips and bolts on the GE, enchant then sell them. That could work, but I'm not 100% on the price, but I'd expect it to be a bigger loss than just buying the bolts outright.

Mungo_0.png

awesomesiggeh2.jpg

Yes... Yes, that's what he said.

Siggeh1.jpg

Siggeh2.jpg

:D