Mods please close and delete- this is out of hand

screally1

f2p SHOULD NOT get castle wars that is ridiculous.. im f2p.

what f2p SHOULD get is some necessary updates, which we are getting/have gotten like:

new arrows, runecrafting, updated landscapes and scenery

something i think f2p should have is team capes.. thats the only thing i think f2p should get

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These topics should be locked before they get any replies...

There doesn't need to be more stuff for F2P. (Except for rare exceptions like wild capes, but those are another story)

Just in case someone hasn't noticed, Jagex has actually increased F2P updates during the last few months. There's quite a lot little stuff being added. And I don't think that even that would be necessary, because some greedy kids complain anyway.

There isn't even anything to discuss here. 95% of the people seem to understand the point already.

You can say 'I pay for a game that other people get for free, arn't I posh'

The F2P(wanna be member, group) do deserve something though.

A good kick up the backside

You don't ask for something that other people had to pay for.

SEE: The arguement for party hats to be dropped again. (Name may differ)

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

You POOR, POOR, POOR person!! the reason F2P doesn't get caste wars is becuase F2P = Free To Play, members pay to get updates and such, why should you losers get free stuff?! we pay you don't, end of discussion... idiot

El Psy Congroo.

I still think someone should kick them up the backside.

But lest this post drop may each of our days with one saying to the lord ' Oh might lord we ask that today you smite thine who has been, acting once like a noob.

Basiclly, It had to come out in one post at some point

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

watever it was just a thought....

any who the zobel has real bad stats!!! 383 and ur a memb?

Mmk..... I was going to take pity on you and merely warn you that topics like these invariably attract a considerable amount of quite understandable flaming. But after that comment, and the irritation your immaturity has caused me....

fire1s2sf.jpg

:twisted: :twisted: BURN TOPIC BURN!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

ah thanks for that, you really made my day :D

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

• 2 weeks later...

Man, Castle Wars is so freakin fun. Running around slaughtering each other without having to worry about losing any of your best items. Man its great! I wonder why I have it and you dont :? ? Oh wait, it's because I (basicly) pay to have Castle Wars...

F2pers. Quit making topics like this. You don't contribute to Andrew Gower's pocket very much, so you aren't going to get anything. Good lord. Was it not that long ago you were allowed iron and steel arrows, and willow bows? Atleast its an update. Be thankful. Quit wanting anything special because you aren't going to get it.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

Some reasons f2p dont get updates:

Your not paying

Your still not paying

You dont pay enough

Your still not paying enough

Because your not Members

Because your f2p

...the list is endless.

f2p is just there to attract people tp P2P.

Why becoming P2P if you get the same?

Just stupid!

Therefore, f2p will remain same and p2p will always have the updates.

Jagex is not a non for profit business.

If you can't understand that simple equation, then you migth have a problem.

WE SHOULD HAVE CASTLE WARS AS WELL!!!!!

seriosly it would be nice. they could expand on somewere like rimmington and make another arena

just, be quiet. from now on you will be treated with lesser respect and thats your fault.

stop complaining.

ashmsig1uq.png

overseerlp5.png

R.I.P. Shiva and Steve

Ok I think we've answered the noobs question, can this be locked or something before it gets out of hand?

This is a suggestion thread in a suggestion forum. I dont see any reason to lock it. Nor have I seen any good counterargument reasons to lock it.

Tetsuya.png

"F2P" ... I prefer to call it ad sponsored (because nothing in life is free, and calling it ad sponsored correctly indicates from where the money comes) ... should get something good.

It should get the ability to be the free-standing, self-sufficient game that it once was in RSC. Right now, only melee fighters can support their own needs, by smithing and mining. Mages can't really use runecrafting to support their needs. Rangers can't use fletching (or mining/smithing for the arrowheads, or crafting for the green dragonhide) to support their needs.

Once upon a time, when Runescape was simpler (RSC), we had no combat triangle, and maging and ranging were relatively inexpensive support skills. It all worked.

Changes in ad sponsored have failed to adapt to the increased complexity of the new game with the combat triangle. Only melee fighter can support themselves, and the other two classes cannot. I hope this gets fixed.

At this point I really don't care how they do it, but whatever they do, should be consistent across all three classes of this new triangle.

They should either adopt a addy/chaos/maple standard, or a rune/death/yew standard across all ad sponsored classes. I don't care which, pick one. But it's silly to have melee running around with rune, mages with death, but archers only get addy/maple.

Same with self-sufficiency skills. Either take away smithing (and mining, firemaking, woodcutting, crafting while you're at it) so melee also can't be self-sufficient. Or, add chaos runecrafting, fletching, green dragonhide crafting, and arrowhead smithing, so that the other 2 classes are self sufficient.

Basically, either make all three classes self-sufficient, or make none self-sufficient. Balance it. Either way, I don't care.

EDIT: I want to add how disappointed I am with all the un-necessary flaming in the "Runescape Discussions & Suggestions" area. If you need to flame, couldn't you do that in the off-topic or general areas?

People are going to show up from time to time with different points of view, that doesn't make them idiots or morons. I'm appalled at the level of hostility and disrespect I find here.

Free is where we all started, and free is where we'll all end up. Free is the birthplace of this great game. And free isn't really free; I wish the ad sponsors would shake Jagex around a little, afterall, they want more people looking at their banners.

WE SHOULD HAVE CASTLE WARS AS WELL!!!!!

seriosly it would be nice. they could expand on somewere like rimmington and make another arena

It would be nicer if you stopped complaining about lack of f2p updates, and start paying $5 a month. Not that much.

Okay............look here. F2p deserve what they have cause they pay for free. Jagex adds all this stuff to make money and tempt people to get members.

Most of us get members after level 70+ or a few months of playing. I started last year inOctober and now I took the difficulty to become a member.

Let me ask you one question....how many very high levels 100+ do you see in a f2p world? The answer is like only 0.5-1.0%. Even in a members world with 200 players, I see tons of them everywhere I go and furthermore p2p worlds are 10 times larger.

No offense p2p :oops: JaGeX is taking the 'f' out of fun.

Only the n actually. :lol:

f2p needs something... wildy capes maybe, but they need some spark. Something like a duel in wildy option. no running or whatever.

But why do you need updates on f2p?

You have several nice cabbage patches!

Barrow Trips: 4

Barrow items: Arhim's skirt