training ranged-f2p

irocksockes1

im mainly a melee/magic person and my combat level is 58. and i have hardly trained ranged,and my level is like 4 in. and i need a way to train it and get it up to 40 (btw, i'm F2p)

lolcat

runescape-2.jpg

I did not photoshop that "1" in my signature, i made it more noticable.

Thats my combat level 61

You don't need to range from behind the fence if you're combat level 58.. and don't use Lumbridge as it's always crowded. Go to either the Crafting Guild cows (southwest of Falador) or the Falador cow pen (south east of Falador). Those are less crowded.

Scorpions are good if you don't want any profit. You could also range the level 27 minotaurs in the SoS. You'll get extra iron arrows and pure essence, to use or to sell. I'd switch at about 25 or 30, as Gin_and_Tonic said.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

You don't need to range from behind the fence if you're combat level 58.. and don't use Lumbridge as it's always crowded. Go to either the Crafting Guild cows (southwest of Falador) or the Falador cow pen (south east of Falador). Those are less crowded.

Scorpions are good if you don't want any profit. You could also range the level 27 minotaurs in the SoS. You'll get extra iron arrows and pure essence, to use or to sell. I'd switch at about 25 or 30, as Gin_and_Tonic said.

Not been in f2p for years. Still nice to know so many people still inhabit Lumbridge cows :P

I also completly forgot about SoS. If you did them, you'd probably make more iron arrows than you use.

Switch to the level 27 minotaurs in the SoS. They'll have more people there, but you'll probably break even on arrows (at least) and you'll have extra essence to sell or craft.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

As said, start on cows and then switch to other "weak" creatures until you reach 40 or so. Make sure you wield vambraces, chaps and a body (ranged armour). Use a shortbow and arrows. Bronze or iron recommended for low levels.

When you reach 20, get studded and willow bow, and at 40, get green dragonhide and maple bow. At level 40 you can try going for lessers in Karamja (there are safe spots there).

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

SoS is the best ranged training for f2p.

If you need more info, feel free to look in my guide. The link is in my sig, it's the f2p combat one.

cows then SoS or hill giants

Hill Giants are overly crowded in f2p. I'd say go Hobgoblins near Crafting Guild or in Rimmington dungeon. Those aren't so crowed and limpwurt roots are worth a fair bit.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

SoS without a doubt. Get your ranged to about 15-20, then go to minotaurs. As you level, keep going down the levels. There are safespots for good exp on every floor.

Eventually you will get to ankous, which have decent drops and are often never crowded on F2P worlds.

JacTheRipper.png

As said, start on cows and then switch to other "weak" creatures until you reach 40 or so. Make sure you wield vambraces, chaps and a body (ranged armour). Use a shortbow and arrows. Bronze or iron recommended for low levels.

When you reach 20, get studded and willow bow, and at 40, get green dragonhide and maple bow. At level 40 you can try going for lessers in Karamja (there are safe spots there).

level 40 is not high enough to kill lessers effectively. I recommend minotaurs as they drop iron arrows or hobgoblins as they drop limwirt roots.

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

level 40 is not high enough to kill lessers effectively. I recommend minotaurs as they drop iron arrows or hobgoblins as they drop limwirt roots.

Never train on lessers. I am 99/99 and Giant Spiders are still better xp than Lessers (although granted that's melee and not ranged, it should give you an idea). Giant spiders are the fastest melee/ranged xp in f2p. Flesh crawlers come close, but don't quite make the cut.

Never train on lessers. I am 99/99 and Giant Spiders are still better xp than Lessers (although granted that's melee and not ranged, it should give you an idea). Giant spiders are the fastest melee/ranged xp in f2p. Flesh crawlers come close, but don't quite make the cut.
Maybe thay're fast as you say, but lessers have fair drops and there's plenty of safe spots.

Lol at the blocked due to abuse. =D>

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

Maybe thay're fast as you say, but lessers have fair drops and there's plenty of safe spots.

Lol at the blocked due to abuse. =D>

Yeah I don't know why that happens. I get owned by it all the time...

Lessers have junk drops, and not worth the 10-15k less xp.

That may be the case in P2p, but in F2p lessers are much better compared to alternatives.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

Well, here's what I do on my pure.

I either range/melee the minotaurs in the SoS, 10 or 27 are both fine, then when I get around 4k-5k arrows, I use them up at the hobgoblins near the crafting guild. This method works wonders for me.

Staurolite.png

That may be the case in P2p, but in F2p lessers are much better compared to alternatives.

I think you need to take a closer look. Nothing that the lessers drop is worth anything, and the best thing in f2p is a 11k rune med. I believe the drop rate of the rune med is about 1/150, so you'd walk away with 1 of those per hour, on average. The other drops come no where near that. You might be able to squeeze together another 7k in that hour from alching the other drops. So great, 20k gp per hour. Are you willing to put 20k in your pocket at the expense of 10-15k less xp per hour? I for one, am not. Lessers are absolutely terrible monsters and what makes them worse are the crowds. No, Lessers are never worth killing.

Remember f2p'ers can make 100k per hour mining gold, 70k per hour fishing lobs, 60-70k per hour cutting yews, and 150k per hour at 50/50 GoP. F2P pkers and trickers could possibly make more, although I'm no so sure on this. So even more a f2p'er, 20k isn't a lot.

Every 2 hours at Giant Spiders is like 3-3.5 hours at Lesser Demons. So you don't profit 60k if you go to Giant Spiders, but you save 1-1.5 hours. You can easily make that 60k back.

So once again, LESSER DEMONS ARE NOT WORTH KILLING.